It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are rapture believers pro Israel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Why are some rapture believers pro Israel? Didn't Israel commited crimes against humanity on the palestinians?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
because in order for rapture i.e. apocalypse, armageddon to happen there has to be a jewish state.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It has to do with how we view the Bible as a whole. Those that believe in a rapture tend to believe that God isn't done with his plan for Israel. And as Coffinman said, in this eschatology, there "has" to be a Jewish state. The reason being, God promised Israel that he would bring them, in the last days, back to their land, after the third diaspora and they would never be forced from the land again. Those that believe in a rapture believe that in the 40s when modern Israel was founded, that was the beginning of that prophecy being fulfilled. So, in this eschatological mindset, if the Jewish state is to cease to exist, God ends up being a liar and can't be trusted. Therefore, Israel should be supported [this goes along with a saying of God in Genesis to Abraham, too. "Those who bless you will be blessed..."].

It should be noted, that this isn't the only Christian eschatological viewpoint. For example, many reformed theologians are what's called, post-millennial. This means that Christ will return after the millennium, which they would say that we're in now. People with this view believe that Christ will just kinda show up one day, minus the Tribulation and things like that.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Pre-trib rapture adherents are typically evangelical Christians who believe the restoration of Israel in 1948 fulfilled biblical prophecy and had to exist as a sovereign state before the Second Coming.

I agree with the above as an Evangelical Christian who believes in the pre-trib rapture view and that Israel fulfilled prophecy.

But we have to be careful. Often times we are so quick to defend Israel that we forget it should be about what God wants- not to support something just for the sake of supporting something.

For instance, we can support Israel's right to exist but should not be so blindly devoted that we support any activity that goes against God's will. We should be on God's side, not on any country's side or any human organization's side.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

hehe, indeed although you really should say they has to have BEEN a jewish state, the temple must be rebuilt then everyone gets killed, a few other odd things happenen then badaboom super jesus will rise again to torment and punish us (yes even you christians who are following false prohets, not obeying ALL the laws, etc, etc)

Personally i don't see why anyone would want someone as crazy and evil as Jesus to return, he was the one who invented the insane concept of heaven (well, he was the one who threatened us with it anyway - i don't see it mentioned in the O.T. do you?)

Jesus also told paul all about how it was only 144,000 of the best people who get to go to heaven - those people were most likely the ones who killed the most cypto-jews during the inquesition or the most muslims during the crusades or something, or of course they're entirely made up of the pious nuns who at birth were taken from their mother (because she wasn't married) and raised in a convent never to experience anything but servitude.

opppps i stopped answering your question and got a little off track.... basically to sum up crazy people believe stupid and evil things in the totally and utterly selfish and evil belief that they will win some kind of prize at the end, because of this they are more than willing to ruin the world for everyone else. gee thanks mr christian you certainly are proving to me that i should worship your invisible wizard!

top topics

join