It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the problem with this country?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
What's the problem with this country? What's wrong with us, as a nation? Why is it that we keep getting screwed over? We've been had, that's what's wrong. We've been duped. Every four years, we get duped again. We're told that we elect a President, so we have a "democracy." It's all a sham. We don't have a democracy. We don't have a republic. We have a theocracy, a totalitarian ruling class that dictates everything our society does.

Every four years, the media flings two lumps of turd into the public limelight and tells us to pick which one has the best looking corn kernels stuck to the side of it. We aren't choosing the best leader for the country, we're choosing the better of two scum bags. And we let it happen. We get divided over petty differences, we take these turd lumps we handed and we turn them into idols instead of recognizing them for the crap they are.

Here's another problem. Every four years, we get made to choose which powerful cabal of backstabbing criminal lobbyists we want to have pulling the strings behind the most powerful position in Washington. It's not a person we're electing, it's a group. And of course, the lobbyists all answer to the almighty dollar. We don't even get to elect these groups to control us, we just get to elect them for the sake of feeling better.

Here's a great big problem. Every four years, we get to choose which set of rights we want to lose next. Do we want to give up the Second Amendment to a bunch of Gun-Grabbing morons? Or do we want to submit to the will of Ultra-Christian nutbars? There are people who want to restore and protect all of these rights, but they aren't on the "Wings." No wing means no voice, in the Divided States of America.

And yet another problem! Every four years, the entire country gets further cut straight down the middle along two imaginary political lines. A few people refuse to be divided, and stand on the middle ground. A few people have the common sense to at least *attempt* to get a third party into power. Those few people are ignored and marginalized in favor of the "Wingers" who say and do stupid, divisive, mindless crap every chance they get. And those are the people running this mess.

And the problems pile on and on. Every four years, we get another choice: Should the middle class be taxed into poverty, or should the upper class get kickbacks and tax breaks so they can buy more yachts and vacation homes? Every four years we get the wonderful choice again: Do we steal from the poor, or give to the rich? Robin Hood would murder us all for stupidity for putting up with this crap!

What else is the problem? Well, we have two big political parties who are both in the pocket of the same banking system, run by one all-powerful unelected cabal of pirates and bandits. No matter who's in charge, one group benefits and one group gets hurt. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and the media, banking, oil, and defense industries tighten their grips around our throats.

Yeah, Obama won the figurehead position of President of the United States. Time to embrace "change." Whoop-Dee-Doo. We're still being subjected to the endless con artistry of the Federal Reserve, the constant snooping of the NSA, and the repeated annual shakedowns by the thugs in the IRS. When the next election comes around, we still won't get a real choice. We'll get two jokes spouting rhetoric and pipe dreams, and millions of suckers falling for every word of it.

In the last election, Obama "won." Another hand-fed puppet of the elites will rally us against each other and turn us against our own freedom for another four years. This means the IRS, NSA, CIA, the banks, the MSM, and all the other bad guys who wanted us to pick "R or D" won. America lost. If McCain would have won, we still would have lost for all the same reasons. The problem is, we've all become a joke.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Problems, problems, problems. . . .

What's the solution then?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Well, it's not like things could ever be perfect. There will always be two sides of an argument. Sure things could be better, but that's just it. It can always be better. Think of a time when you weren't fixated on problems. Those times are the only thing in this world that keeps people going. Personally I try not to blame anything on politicians. Probably because there is a force behind them.

It's good to express your views, and It's even better to dwell in your thoughts about conspiracy. But try not to stay in your head all day.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I wish I knew. There's 300 million people in this country, and most of them are fixated on making their chosen half of the problems worse instead of trying to fix things.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

great write up, you've stated it well.

I often have similar observations and it usually leads me to a state of shock or something like it, and I will let days slip past me just trying to make since of it all.

That then leads internally to find answers. Meditation is a key for unlocking the mysterys we are presented with..

it is here I realize there are more powerful, deeper and subtler forces at work here. This charade of politics and the fantasy of the human world is nothing but smoke and mirrors to keep everyone asleep and unaware of the true governing principles of the universe.

But as you come to understand these governing principles yourself, you will realize that your heart has its own buoyancy, and that you were always free.

Stay true to your own personal ethics, perceptions and spiritual inclinations. Because for you, your own living self, these are the only things that matter.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by feedpeopletosharks]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Yep. You've pretty much covered it.

I think, since the system we live in is authoritarian, we've developed a very authoritarian philosophy. That, combined with the education system and the media conditioning us to think in absolutes, "truths" they provide, such as "there are liberals and conservatives".

There are not only two sides to every issue, there are numerous ways of looking at issues and coming up with solutions.

The real problem is, imo, people believe the crap they're told. People believe this system is the only way it can be. People can't imagine not living a life where their sole motive and ultimate goal is money. They can't imagine living without playing this game, going along with the scam.

I don't know how to fix things, but if we didn't allow silly labels of people and ideas to separate us, we could actually discuss issues, put our priorities in perspective, and find solutions. Balance things.

I don't think it's as important to balance "left and right" as it is to balance authoritarian and libertarian philosophy in our policies and in our daily lives. Both parties and a majority of the citizens are becoming dangerously authoritarian about their views. ("I am right, I will not compromise. What's right for me is right for you whether you like it or not.")

You're pretty much right tho. Way to put it all together for us.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

We're still being subjected to the endless con artistry of the Federal Reserve, the constant snooping of the NSA, and the repeated annual shakedowns by the thugs in the IRS. When the next election comes around, we still won't get a real choice. We'll get two jokes spouting rhetoric and pipe dreams, and millions of suckers falling for every word of it.

This means the IRS, NSA, CIA, the banks, the MSM, and all the other bad guys who wanted us to pick "R or D" won. America lost. If McCain would have won, we still would have lost for all the same reasons. The problem is, we've all become a joke.

Lazy, I think that is the main problem. Most americans are just lazy and don't care. Some are my friends ...sigh.

As for the problem, IRS,NSA,CIA,the banks and the major media giants I think fire would suit them just fine. We could bring back burning at the stake. I have plenty of matches.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I say we pick some random underpaid factory worker somewhere and put them in office. Sure they won't have the political experience, but really is that a bad thing? They won't have any clue how to run the country other than observations they've had along the way of getting (snip)ed over like the rest of us. They wouldn't be a puppet because they never had the strings.

I say, let people pray in schools (don't make them just let them). I say let people own firearms, hell I say everyone in this country should be required to have a firearm in their house. People don't fear people but they sure fear bullets!

How about we let the states make laws without any hits to their federal highway funding (why do you think the drinking age is universally 21?). I say we the people take a stand and get our beloved country back!

Ah yes, dare I dream on?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You wrote it well, mattifikation, and the divisions are becoming really clear, aren't they? I was watching the drool on CNN today and some political "expert" said that even the two political parties, Democrats and Republicans are both split into different factions, with different ways of doing the same thing. Politics are the dividing factor every single time. If we could just take politics out of the equation all would be much better, wouldn't it? I think every one should be able to sand as a volunteer public servant for one year, that we we all get a chance. We need to round up all of the politicians and lawyers, and lobbyists in Washington D.C. and declare that place a monument to the people that have died for our freedom. The first step is an audit of the Federal Reserve, and that looks it very well may happen. This Pandora's Box of fiat money and fake numbers of computers will fall like a house of cards if we can just expose them for the liars and cheats they are. Once they are stripped of the shield of big money that carry around, that will fall.

top topics

join