It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be a good puppet...Let's all buy into the us -vs- them paradigm. It'll be fun...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There is always be a separation amongst man.

Right and wrong.

We will choose a side to stick to, and fight for the cause itself, for it is what we believe in and live for.

It's sad to think that we can't all choose to live our lives, aiming only to be good people.

To every action, there as an equal, but OPPOSITE reaction.
Case and point.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by undefy.gravity]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I could not agree more. The vitrial, shrill voices of the extremes on the far right AND left have reached the point of appearing to have lost their minds.
What is the point of all this idiocy? How big a case of being stupid do we strive for to make a bigger spash when the President's attempts at getting a medical coverage-system, due to the extreme attempts at each side, cause him to to crash and burn? The ultimate approach, private pay, public, combination is not the point. Success is, what ever the option.

Like Obama or not? Makes no difference. If the President fails, we fail.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here is a prime example of what I'm talking about. I'm sure you've all heard it, or at the very least heard of it...

During his speech outlining his health care reform proposal, President Obama was heckled and called a liar by a congressman from South Carolina. Rude, and conduct unbecoming of an elected official are the least of my comments...

Yet people are defending this behaviour because it supports their blind anti'ism. Anti health care, or anti Obama. Most of you who've read my posting know I'm no fan of President Obama. No secret...

However, no matter how strongly I may dislike his plans, I'm going to give the man a fair hearing... How the Hell do we expect to accomplish anything as a nation if we won't give the fairly elected leader a chance to speak his piece? His ideas, my ideas, your ideas, melded together just might work. Maybe?

But if we keep buying into this stupidity of partisan wrangling...Dems -vs- Reps, Us -vs- Them, on and on and on and on... We deserve precisely what we're going to get... NOTHING...

[edit on 9/10/2009 by seagull]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I know what you're talking about. When I saw that, the first thing that popped into my head is that we're just a stones throw away from this:

I really think the devisiveness that we are seeing is leading in this direction. There isn't much 'civil' left in civilization...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This whole situation, the left the right, the dems the repubs, the anti-abortionist the abortionist. These are still all paradigms. Their is a simple and logical solution to all of these types of arguments. It is so simple that I hope one of you touched on it.

Individual Responsibility. Individual Choices. Individual Failures.

We have become a country of whiners. We deserve this, We deserve that. The hell we do. If you are not responsible for yourself, how can you expect anyone else to be? The family unit has been destroyed by TPTB. The education has been destroyed by TPTB, mainly to dumb us down. All of this huggy huggy kissy kissy # has got to stop. We have to take responsibilities for our own lives. I am from a shaky family generally. But we toughed through it. In areas like LA after Katrina, that was not a direct cause of it-besides what I previously mentioned-but the failure of the family and community unit. Hell in the midwest, when tornadoes hit or floods-guess what-neighbors come in by the thousands to help. WHY. Because we have honor, responsibility, dedication to our fellow man. That cannot be replaced by government.

Sorry, for the rant, but I am so sick of government being our rescuer-because they are not. They are evil, corrupt, narcissistic etc etc. WHERE HAVE THEY BROUGHT US? TO THE EDGE, AND WE NEED TO BRING THEM BACK, WE ARE THEIR BOSSES NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. If you do not want to take responsibility for your government. You have no right to speak.

CONSTITUTION-CONSTITUTION-CONSTITUTION is the answer.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
As relevent today as back in 2009.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join