It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Similarities Between Bush & Obama.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Yes. I completely agree with you.

I know there is a significant difference. However, what I was trying to convey to Hal9000 was merely the act of misleading the American people is is a least the stem of the problem, if not part of the root.

reply to post by Hal9000

Okay? Please do not begin to lecture me on what is real and not real. I did not forget war's consequences.

With the real power being behind the scenes, it is almost pointless to even argue in comparison with taking some sort of action.

The very act of misleading is a crucial similarity. For if you believe that the bankers/elite are in control behind the scenes, they we assign each president with a specific task to create the SLOW change the they require for more power.

EDIT TO ADD: I want to apologize actually if i sounded condescending in my first response to you. Sometimes my ego makes me imbalanced.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
He knew where he came from, he knew where he was going, he knew what he was walking into....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60ac1e307baa.jpg[/atsimg]

Being a puppet for either the right or left must be a tough job, with as many similarities as differences. One similarity neither man could or will overcome, and the reality that no matter how bad it gets, it is all his fault.

Welcome to the real Washington Mr. President.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
While Obama may or may not yet has sold his soul like most of our other politicians remains to be seen.

But Obama sure doesn't even come close to coming from the back ground that GWB came from, no comparison.

GWB and his entire family have been swindling America for the last hundred or more years.

Barack never had a rich "sugar daddy" and had to earn every grade he got in school.

An elequent writer, have any of you Bush supporters even bothered to read, "Dreams of my Father"? Very well written and intellegent book.

Bush could not open his mouth without being a world class joke. He came off as a smug, arrogant dumb jerk.

Obama at least appears intellegent.

Everything Bush Jr. has acquired in life his daddy bought for him, including the two companies that he bankrupted and ran off with the pensions of the workers.

GWB also spent 490 day of "vacation" at his ranch while he was president for eight years. That equals to 61.25 days of vacation per year. Do you get 61.25 days of vacation per year?

Let's see if our current president spends that much time away from The White House at the tax payers expense.

One thing to note: Obama is not raising taxes. He's letting Bush's tax breaks for the rich LAPSE. That's not the same thing as raising taxes.

The only thing deeply concerning is Republican ineptitude, which is matched only by Republican ignorance.

Bush was a corporate yes man, a true son of the elite handfull of rich industrialists. Start researching into who contributed to GWB's campaign, many of the largest corporations that's who.

Obama's campaign was mainly funded by the people.

Below was a "trip down memory lane" by one of George Bush's childhood friends and it's pretty insightful of the type of person he is.

www.all-creatures.org...

We were terrible to animals,' recalled [Bush pal Terry] Throckmorton, laughing. A dip behind the Bush borne turned into a small lake after a good rain, and thousands of frogs would come out. `Everybody would get BB guns and shoot them,' Throckmorton said. `Or we'd put firecrackers in the frogs and throw them and blow them up.'»

The above statement says it all.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by ofhumandescent]

[edit on 7-9-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

The briefings and test-runs on domestic terrorist attacks are just part of a broad White House effort to make this the smoothest transition of power in history.

cryptogon.com...

In the past four days, President-elect Barack Obama, once lauded as having the smoothest transition to power in modern history, has learned how hard it is to navigate the political high wire.
washingtontimes.com...
Nuff said there, explains it all really.....

That and with help from ofhumandesscent and walkswithfish!
And all of you! Thanks!

[edit on 6-9-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
In other words,

Obama is no different than any other politician. We will always support aid to Israel and defend them. Presidents will ALWAYS meet with Christian leaders. Presidents will ALWAYS meet with Muslim leaders.

Don't compare Obama to Bush. Instead, compare Obama to the rest of DC.

Also, at least Obama is intelligent and has knowledge on foreign policies....unlike Bush, who just enjoyed bombing the hell out of Iraq thinking he's going to spread freedom.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Star Flag and Digg. Come on people this is too important not to digg it to.

A very good, well thought out post. Clinton, Bushes and Obama are all on the side of the Banks/Corporations and really do not care about us peons.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I've talked to a couple in the soup kitchen I work at and they said that "Barack" helped get rid of abestos in some of their apartments. They said his specialty was organizing the people to go against the owners and take them to court. He was very helpful and good at organizing a "plan of action".

Would George Bush Jr. ever do that?

I don't think so.

At 30 George Jr. was busy snorting coc aine.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
reply to post by Hal9000

Okay? Please do not begin to lecture me on what is real and not real. I did not forget war's consequences.

I didn't say it to lecture anyone. It was a reminder of what happened over the last administration. It would appear that somehow somethings were somehow forgotten.

With the real power being behind the scenes, it is almost pointless to even argue in comparison with taking some sort of action.

If you can't see the difference between war and a bailout, then you have a few things to learn.

The very act of misleading is a crucial similarity. For if you believe that the bankers/elite are in control behind the scenes, they we assign each president with a specific task to create the SLOW change the they require for more power.

You can try to justify it any way you like, but you can't get around the fact that some policies are worse than others.

EDIT TO ADD: I want to apologize actually if i sounded condescending in my first response to you. Sometimes my ego makes me imbalanced.

There is no need to apologize to me. Try to support an agenda where no apologies are necessary.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Perhaps I misinterpreted your response as a lecture. It is quite difficult to convey one's true feelings over internet.

If you can't see the difference between war and a bailout, then you have a few things to learn.

Again. What is the point of me trying to prove to you that I DO know the difference. My original point in response to you was to find the root of the problem and see that those are the similarities between any president.

You can try to justify it any way you like, but you can't get around the fact that some policies are worse than others.

Look. We are in agreement here. I am just stating the cause, the cause being the bankers and other power addicts. Some policies are indeed worse than others. But I ask the question (not assuming YOU do not), "Why are any policies bad in the first place?" Then I seek the roots of these problems and try to find solutions. That is all I am trying to do.

EDIT TO ADD:

Take a look at your original post that I responded to in the first place....

Nice thread Ash, but until Obama starts an unnecessary war by misleading the American people and having his administration lie about weapons of mass destruction, I will not agree that there are similarities.

The key word in your declaration of 'Not agreeing there are similarities' is the word misleading.

Bush misled, and Obama misled before he was even in office. On this alone, one can see that the same troubles await us whether in the form of a war, bailout, another depression, disastrous health care "reform", etc.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

While Obama may or may not yet has sold his soul like most of our other politicians remains to be seen.

Oh, I think that fact has been well established. Obama has given more stimulus money to ACORN than to building bridges and roads or to small business. He has been paying off his cronies in the unions also with his nationalization of the auto industry.

goodsensepolitics.blogspot.com...

But Obama sure doesn't even come close to coming from the back ground that GWB came from, no comparison.

So what? His daddy was a drunken whoremonger that deserted his family. Is that Bush's fault?

"Dreams of my father"? How the hell would he know?

Pfffftt..

Barack never had a rich "sugar daddy" and had to earn every grade he got in school.

Bullcrap. He was one of those minorities that used affirmative action to gain entry and finance his 'education'. His wife was no better - she admits that “If my future were determined by my performance on a standardized test I wouldn’t be here,” she said. “I guarantee that.”

Another beneficiary sucking off of the gov't teat.

At 30 George Jr. was busy snorting coc aine.

Barry admits to snorting coke in high school. And there is no evidence that he ever stopped.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Obama has been too busy screwing up domestic policy to f* up the foreign policy.

Give him time; he won't disappoint us.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I think this discussion warrants this video:

Enjoy!

[edit on 7-9-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD[/url]

This post belongs in the MSM. I keep telling people that the Republicans and Democrats are back to being one party again.

They are bankrupting the system on purpose. They are going to replace it with this NWO crud.

The big health care debate is a ruse. I wouldn't be surprised if the parties pulled straws or flipped a coin to decide who would be on what side of the debate.

The health care debate keeps us busy while they bankrupt us. Come on, how are we going to pay for it?

They are going to stick it to us. By the time we figure out what happened, we will be to desperate to care. They know that. They are counting on it.

Great post. Heck, it's a hall of fame post. Get with the site owner. Tell him to make a hall of ATS fame board.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I can't argue your point, but every President is guilty of this. They make 'promises' of what they will do if elected, then renig on those promises once elected. Remember this?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
reply to post by Hal9000

Perhaps I misinterpreted your response as a lecture. It is quite difficult to convey one's true feelings over internet.

Ask someone who has lost a family member in this war if they care if you "misinterpret" someones feelings or not. I don't think it matters. You are too far removed from the events of the last administration to understand what happened. The bombs didn't drop on your house. Your house wasn't invaded in the middle of the night. These are the conditions which the Iraqis lived in.

If you understood how that was, you wouldn't be asking.

Again. What is the point of me trying to prove to you that I DO know the difference. My original point in response to you was to find the root of the problem and see that those are the similarities between any president.

The root of the problem is that you can't see the root of the problem. You can't see that people died as a result of the previous administration, and that has yet to happen in the current administration. There is no comparison. That is the fact and nothing you can say will change that.

Look. We are in agreement here. I am just stating the cause, the cause being the bankers and other power addicts. Some policies are indeed worse than others. But I ask the question (not assuming YOU do not), "Why are any policies bad in the first place?" Then I seek the roots of these problems and try to find solutions. That is all I am trying to do.

Here is a clue. See how many people die as a result of a president's actions, and that should be an indicator. If it isn't, then it should be. The next time we are so eager to invade a country, we should learn from past mistakes.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by Hal9000

Obama has been too busy screwing up domestic policy to f* up the foreign policy.

Give him time; he won't disappoint us.

More wishful thinking? I know nothing would bring you more pleasure. You would rather see people die than to see our POTUS succeed. Right?

Where will you draw the line?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

The root of the problem is that you can't see the root of the problem. You can't see that people died as a result of the previous administration, and that has yet to happen in the current administration. There is no comparison. That is the fact and nothing you can say will change that.

U.S. deaths in Afghanistan headed for another record

With the deaths of four U.S. soldiers Tuesday, the U.S.-led NATO coalition in Afghanistan now has lost more troops this year than in all of 2008, and August is on track to be the deadliest month for American troops there since U.S. operations began nearly eight years ago.

news.yahoo.com...

Give Obama time, he won't disappoint.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join