Similarities Between Bush & Obama.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
That you don't see it, it's perhaps even more indicative of the depths of the problem I was referring to.

See what. How "evil" the American Presidents are and how "everything is going downhill"? How Americas "freedoms are being stripped away", how "Obama is a Communist" and "Bushs war on Terror was fake"?

No I dont see any of that. All I see is a bunch of vitriol that did not turn out to be true with Bush and will not turn out to be true with Obama.

(Of course I know President-bashing is quite popular and has been since hundreds of years)

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Are you a Freemason or something?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

What does that have to do with respecting the Presidency and not going along with the totally unreasonable bash-fest calling itself "political discussion"?

I dont want to drift off-topic here. I understand the OP was made to point out similarities between the two.

Now there are two ways to interpret these similarities: Both guys are no good or both guys are good. I take the second interpretation based on my own understanding of our global situation.

Thats probably the worst position to have on a "conspiracy-site", but keep in mind that conspiracy-theories actually refer to those powers that are hidden, not the powers that are out in the open (the President).

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

What does that have to do with respecting the Presidency and not going along with the totally unreasonable bash-fest calling itself "political discussion"?

I don't know, but it was the first thing that came to mind based on the way you were responding and your views about the Presidency, especially that of George W Bush. Did I ring a bell?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

First off, congratulations for an excellent thread, Ashley.

Next, I must say that it is inevitable that any two succeeding administrations bear some resemblance to each other; our country is too large, sophisticated, and complex for it to be otherwise.

But imo there is a stark difference here - the honesty of the two men.

Obama promised no lobbyists. He promised no earmarks. He promised a public review window for pending legislation.

He ran his campaign on these and other promises, which turned out to be lies. He lied to the American people in order to win the election.

He surrounds himself with people of dark character, when he said to "Judge me by the people whom I surround myself".

That transcends party lines.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I don't know, but it was the first thing that came to mind based on the way you were responding and your views about the Presidency, especially that of George W Bush. Did I ring a bell?

Since I regularly post over at the S-Societies Forum on behalf of Freemasonry, one can easily deduce that I am.

But what does this have to do with respecting the Presidency? Is this the "he's not bashing Presidents, so he must be part of the Conspiracy" thing? Because if it is, its no logical leap of thought. Plenty of freemasons are opposed to Bush, just as many non-masons are supportive of the Presidency.

I guess its so unusual to say something nice about the President that one MUST be the member of some exotic group...

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Awesome thread.

Cancer of the left toe and cancer of the right ear are still BOTH cancer.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Everyone is to blame in a democracy:

The government
The corporations
The people

All closely inter-weaved.

It is our fault for the past 100 years for choosing leaders that are totally incompetent and easily corruptible by corporations who we pay tributes to.

I think it is completely ignorant to place blame on one man.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Everyone is to blame in a democracy:

The government
The corporations
The people

All closely inter-weaved.

It is our fault for the past 100 years for choosing leaders that are totally incompetent and easily corruptible by corporations who we pay tributes to.

I think it is completely ignorant to place blame on one man.

Well said. But since we've made this mess, it is up to us to clean it up.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Change?!! Bwahahahaha! That is funny. This was a nice laid out thread. Thanks for the post. I guess we can learn a lesson here. Alex Jones is right again about the right/left paradigm. When is that dude going to be wrong? It's starting to scare me.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Pick any two people in the same profession and you can find similarities. Easily.

It's only fair to make a conclusion based on a comparison if you also explore their differences.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Excellent post, AshleyD.

I think a lot of presidents go in with the hope of making meaningful changes only to find themselves stymied by the political machine that is Washington. Neither Bush' got what they wanted, nor did Clinton. Now I think we are seeing Obama running smack into a wall. As much as all of these president's bear in similarities there are some profound differences as well, which would actually make a good follow-up post for you!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Sorry, but it is not the same here. I admit, you do have a point but when the similarities are not of benign nature, that is when the "light bulb" should be going off.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Oh sure, there were not SEVERE abuses of the American people duing the Bush years.

The American people were not only abused, they were MURDERED, by the 1000's, in order to forwad the Bush-Cheney agenda, already tucked in Cheney's briefcase even while they were awaiting the decision of the Supreme Court.

Yes, MURDERED.

And it doesn't take a genious to figure that out either.

www.ae911truth.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Agreed. So far as yet, the Obama Administration hasn't been murdering and abusing the psyche of the American people with unending lies and cover up to justify an unneccessary "pre-emptive" war of agression for global hegemony.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Bush and Obama are similar because
1. They are 9th cousins
2. They are both Illuminati NWO puppets.
3. They are Freemasons
4. Democrat & Republican parties serve the same CFR master.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Nice thread Ash, but until Obama starts an unnecessary war by misleading the American people and having his administration lie about weapons of mass destruction, I will not agree that there are similarities.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Nice thread Ash, but until Obama starts an unnecessary war by misleading the American people and having his administration lie about weapons of mass destruction, I will not agree that there are similarities.

What are you talking about?

He has already misled the American people when he campaigned for "hope" and "change", the usual cyclical trap. Each president does not have to mislead the American people into an unwarranted war for there to be pernicious similarities. It is the very act of misleading itself that should be the red flag.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities

Originally posted by Hal9000

What are you talking about?

He has already misled the American people when he campaigned for "hope" and "change", the usual cyclical trap. Each president does not have to mislead the American people into an unwarranted war for there to be pernicious similarities. It is the very act of misleading itself that should be the red flag.
[edit on 6-9-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

Yes, but lying the American people into supporting an unwarrented WAR, is an act of treason, as was the pretext for that war, treason, and mass murder. There IS a big difference, between that kind of lie, and the promise of hope and change as the deception, a BIG TIME difference.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

I think most would agree that the difference is in the body count. It was a real war with real people being killed with real people profiting off of it. Let's not forget that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join