It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House adviser resigns amid 9/11 controversy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

White House adviser resigns amid 9/11 controversy

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Presidential adviser Van Jones has resigned after coming under fire for signing a controversial petition in 2004. The petition called for an investigation of whether government officials deliberately allowed the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks to occur.

The White House issued a statement late Saturday saying that Jones was giving up his post at the Council on Environmental Quality, where he helped coordinate government agencies focused on delivering millions of green jobs to the ailing U.S. economy.

Jones, who issued an apology last week in which he denied agree
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well, it looks like there is one more vacancy in the Obama Administration now to fill as controversial Van Jones retires easing fears of his many critics within the public.

It is pretty clear Obama favors some people with some extremely radical ideology yet despite Van Jones many controversial statements it was his position in the past on 9-11 and believing the Government played a roll in it that led to his demise and not some of his more radical ideas.

While it’s a victory for those who want to keep radical politics out of the White House and the Administration its also a clear signal to 9-11 ‘Truthers’ that there is no change in stance towards the official version of 9-11 in this Administration.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

"On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me," Jones said in the statement. "They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide."

Saying he came to Washington to "fight for others, not for myself," Jones added: "I cannot in good conscience ask my colleagues to expend precious time and energy defending or explaining my past. We need all hands on deck, fighting for the future."

The truth is Obama’s Health Care Reform and Clean Energy Initiatives have been as poorly thought out, and as hastily sought after as Van Jones appointment to prominence in government.

Not only does Clean Energy have a very limited potential for Job creation some industry analysts suggest that no more than 250,000 jobs can be created over a decade with many of those actually being overseas manufacturing jobs and not even domestic ones but that the cost of clean energy subsidies is sky high. The typical coal, or nuclear power plant is subsidized from 1.00 to 2.00 per kilowatt hour, Solar and Wind plants are subsidized from 21.00 to 25.00 per kilowatt hour in government funds.

With 5 different competing Health Care Bills in Congress and the White House considering drafting it’s own 6th Bill to add to the mix to the backdrop of a controversial firestorm of protest and concern regarding just what is going to be in those bills the White House just does not seem to have command of situations or its personnel to get any of these ‘historic’ things done.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Please post your comments in this thread about Van Jones:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

top topics

join