It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Three South Florida Mosques Vandalized

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
In the past few days, three separate incidents of vandalism has occurred at local South Florida mosques. Clerics from the mosque are asking the FBI to investigate the incidents. The FBI has said they have not received the official complaints as of yet.

Officials Say Three Mosques Vandalized In Past Three Days
In the past three days, obscene graffiti was written on the sign of a center in Miami, another mosque in Miami had severe damage both inside and out and a threatening letter was left at a mosque in Hollywood in Broward County, said Altaf Ali, Florida director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

The letter, which read "Kill them all in the name of Allah," was found at the Darul Uloom mosque Thursday morning, Ali said.

On Tuesday at Masjid Al-Ihsan mosque, the front door and windows were broken, telephone and electrical lines were cut and the alarm system was destroyed, Ali said. Vandals wrote curse words and scrawled a swastika on the sign of the Islamic School of Miami on Wednesday night, he said.

Police reports have been filed for all the incidents, he said.

"Based on our experience, whenever we see there's a major incident in the Middle East, there's a certain level of repercussions against Muslims in the United States," he said.

There is a large Muslim population in South Florida. Personal acquaintances who attend one of the mosques vandalized has expressed concern about attending services today in traditional muslim wear. The fear is that who ever committed the vandalism might target members who attend the mosque and live in the area.

[Edited on 5-14-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Well I think everyone could see this coming. I have been waiting for someone to report this. I would have myself but. I am not that good at it.

People are angry with a few MUSLIMS who are members of radical islamic terrorist groups. What we have seen is more and more focus of anger at the faith known as Islam.

As things get worse in this war on terrorism, I expect things like this to get worse.

Here where I live a Muslim woman was hit in the head with a beer bottle by a passing car. Are the events in the middle east her fault? Should we blame all of Islam and all muslims for the attacks of 9/11/01 and everything in the war that has came after?

Was it all muslims who removed the head of an american?

Islam is not the enemy... Or is it??

Gazz

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
i think this is the tip of the iceburg the other day in the uk grave stones of dead british service men were vandalised and it got 5 seconds on the news yet if there was a mosque vandalised they get a full story review someone please remind me what country i am in.

does not take a genius to smell which way the wind is blowing

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexipaul
idoes not take a genius to smell which way the wind is blowing

I believe you are right.

One way to alleviate the hostility would be for muslims and clerics in all nations to run to the media and make statements denouncing the beheading of Nick Berg.

After 9-11, it seemed like it took months for them (muslims) to do this. I've been watching the news reports and only two have come forward.

I understand that if they do this they might become targets of the radicals extremist muslims out there....but what they don't realize is that they already are targets of the people that want justice for this act that was done in the name of Allah.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I understand everyone is upset about the beheading of Berg...yes it was very disturbing...but why does the method of his death make his life any more valuable than the lives of the 770 or so U.S. soldiers deaths that have occurred in Iraq so far?

Why demand apology for this beheading alone? Why not ask the Muslims to apologize for the death of every American ever?

And while you're at it, can someone ask for an apology for deaths of the roughly 10,000 or so Iraqi civilians killed in this war. And I would also like an apology for the 600 Christians and Muslims killed in Nigeria, an apology from each side would be nice.

What difference does an apology make anyways? It doesn't lessen the severity of the crime or murders, It changes nothing and is just another means by which to continue the tensions and increase the divide that already exists. Should you have to apologize for the actions of someone who shares your religion or race? Should every caucasion apologize for slavery? or every brit, spaniard, etc apologize colonialism? Should every german have to apologize for the holocaust?

And I am still waiting for the apology from the Christians for the Crusades.

lunaville.org...
www.iraqbodycount.net...

[Edited on 5-14-2004 by worldwatcher]

new topics

top topics

join