It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost lucid!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Or somewhat getting there! All today I kept telling myself " The next time I dream I will know im dreaming ", so tonight I woke up at 3:40 in the morning and was having a hard time fall back asleep. I started falling back asleep around 4:30. But things were different. I had this strange feeling when I was drifting off into sleep. This strong feeling hit me when I was about to fall asleep. It took me awhile to let it happen because it was a little weird at first. So I let it happen and I had a small dream and I woke up, it was weird, it was like I was day dreaming and viewing the dream the whole time but I was just watching it, I couldnt really do that much. I remember it almost perfectly though! After that I started falling asleep again and this time right when I waited a little bit after that strong feeling and I opened my eyes. It was like temporary paralysis, it was the weirdest feeling ever! For some reason I have a hard time remembering that right now. This whole lucid dreaming thing reminds me of when I try to do an OOBE, similar types of feelings. So what do you guys think? Right now im really excited that im getting some where. Any tips on how I can better work on this? Thanks!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Seems you're going about things the right way.

lol, today I was annoyed because I woke up from one too early in the morning and was tired all day.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Buy a book on lucid dreaming and read it every night before slumbering. It's just that simple.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Keep going! sounds like you are doing it in a way that works for you! WTG!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the positive comments guys
. It was only yesterday I started telling myself on and off all day "The next time I dream I will know im dreaming", and within one day I started experiencing what I was going for! Lucid dreaming! Today I have been telling myself all day "The next time I dream I will know im dreaming and I will be able to control it", so hopefully something good will come out of it tonight.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It will help if you have some specific way to distinguish a dream from reality. Think of something impossible that happens regularly in your dreams (perhaps you can fly or walk through walls), and tell yourself that next time this happens, that will be your sign that it's a dream. Often that will be all you need to "wake up".

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
high 5 Ricta!
Exellant news for you!...lucid dreaming is a big step toward the OOBE experiance.
For a good read...(not a HOW 2 however) pick up Carlos Castenada's THE ART OF DREAMING...its an amazing great story and will really give you some food for thought. I am sorry I am always recomending books to you...lol....but its the only way I know to share vital information. BOOKS RULE!

In my dreaming experiances I have gotten to where I can not only control my dreams, but I can wake up, go to the bathroom, then go back to bed and pick up my dream where I left off....its GREAT! I know how to chace away all the bad joo joo yucky from my dreams, and keep it on the fun & entertaining side.......you'll get there, for youe on the right path!

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Sounds pretty cool. I know I've always wished I could do some lucid dreaming, but haven't really looked into all the techniques and stuff. But keep at it man. Maybe you'll be able to do some crazy dream control eventually!

top topics

join