It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scores feared dead in Afghan tanker blast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Scores feared dead in Afghan tanker blast

www.msnbc.msn.com

KUNDUZ, Afghanistan - Dozens of people were feared dead Friday in an explosion involving fuel tankers in northern Afghanistan that followed a NATO airstrike in the area, Afghan officials said.

NATO forces confirmed that they had carried out an airstrike, and said their target was insurgents. They had no immediate information about the report of the explosion and casualties.

Quoting a police source, NBC News reported that the Taliban had hijacked two tankers. The high-ranking police official, who did not want to be identified, said that NATO forces later called in an airstrike which blew
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
When NATO decides to strike, I guess we just step aside3 and let them run all over us.

Now as far as insurgence, I think the fact that people were arriving for fuel when the air strike hit, was planned. No ,,,can't prove it, but it seems notorious enough.

What day? 03-09-2009 A special day for secret societies?
Wouldn't doubt it. In plain sight...

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
It doesn’t make sense in my mind, for NATO and the allies who are badly in need of positive support for this war, to brazenly blow up so many innocents as you suggest.

Its like me trying to get my neighbours to like me, while breaking into there houses and stealing stuff.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Its like me trying to get my neighbours to like me, while breaking into there houses and stealing stuff.

Oh the irony in that statement.

Welcome to tha hood.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Great, the north, the only place where the occupiers had a little support, wow. I can smell another Vietnam from miles away, and I'm literally miles away.

Accidental deaths, Al-Qaeda can play that card also. The occupiers are terrorists, where the evidence you ask? Jesus how many more innocent lives before you believe lol.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Sounds like the Taliban pulled a good one.

One police official estimated at least 90 people were killed, and that 40 of them were civilians, including some who were receiving fuel being distributed by militants at the crossing.

Steal trucks, give out free fuel to civilians to draw in a crowd of civilians to be targets.

Sounds like a great way to get good propaganda.

Just like the Taliban planed to to get Nato to bomb the civilians.

Reminds me of Vietnam where the VC would set up a heavy machine gun and fire through a Vietnamese river village at US river boats on the other side just so a lot of civilian would get killed.

Some times we would catch on and instead of firing through the village we would fire mortars over the village and hit the VC on the other side.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

WOW there is always a way to blame the other side, how easy it is to say the occupiers are perfect and never kill, rape and terrorize Afghans.

Did you know the Taliban had an office in Kabul and took tax from international contractors? Yes lol, the Taliban have that much control, so no it wasn’t a setup, they were giving fuel to people because they are governing most of Afghanistan.

Every innocent civilian killed by the occupiers are the Taliban’s fault, yeah keep living your fantasy life with your Anime characters.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by oozyism]

top topics

join