It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High praise for football player who disarmed girl with gun on bus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

High praise for football player who disarmed girl with gun on bus

www.cnn.com

Surveillance camera footage on the Yazoo County school bus on Tuesday captured 18-year-old Kaleb Eulls tackling the 14-year-old girl while the children evacuated the bus.

He managed to wrestle the .380 caliber semi-automatic handgun from her, Yazoo County Sheriff Thomas Vaughan told CNN.

"I just realized something had to be done, and it was just a lot of kids on the bus and [I] couldn't let anything happen to them," he said
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What a brave kid, he risked his life to protect others.

A noble thing to do.

People are taught to run the other way and let the cops handle the situation.

Cops usually get pretty angry if citizens take the reins and try to help each other.

This kid saw others in harms way and made a decision regardless of what might have happened to him.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The kid is a TRUE hero.

Very well done.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
That was very brave of him. It takes a special kind of person to look at that kind of situation and act without panic. He deserves every bit of his hero's welcome.

I'm glad he didn't get hurt.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Nice to see stories like this.

Star and flag.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
the kid absolutely is a true hero and this world needs more like him

maybe if more people got involved in situations happening around them and stop leaving the mess for the next person who comes along to clean this world would be a lot better off

we'd probably have a lot less incidences of police abuse and corruption also

this type of thing really also makes me question 9/11 even more

yes hes a football player and she was a girl but she had a gun

the people on the planes supposedly only had box cutters and it was only a few of them against a plane full of people, that just doesnt add up in my book

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Good on that young man!
I get so sick of all these whiny misunderstood types who think that ending the lives of their supposed "bullys" will make them feel better.
I hope this young girl who pulled that gun gets everything thats coming to her.

CX

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Great story, that takes a lot of guts to take on someone with a firearm, no matter what age they are.

There are not many "have a go heroes" left in the world nowadays, and there are also too many that have been killed doing what they thought was right, so go carefull when confronting even a group of teens on a bus.

No-ones mentioned it yet, but has anyone thought about the reasons why this girl was so angry she felt she had to do what she did? The article states that she had been picked on.

I think that it's also a lesson to treat your peers with respect at school, i know bullying goes on everywhere, but peoples limits are different.

I know it's still no excuse for pulling a gun on a school bus, but anyone who has been seriously bullied would probably understand how it can affect them.

The guy in the vid seems like a cool chap though, deserves the attention this is getting.

CX.

[edit on 4/9/09 by CX]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Its one thing to point the gun on the people who have made her life a living hell and then doing something about it, but to attempt to kill those who have no association with her life or even know her name its different.
If she truly wanted to kill those kids she would have done it before the guy even tackled her, she wasnt planning a mass murder, she just wanted help.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yay for the kid who acted selflessly! we need more people like that. But is the story over? would it surprise anyone if the girl's parent's sued the boy for assault or something equally ridiculous like "violating her civil rights"

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
his football team may be pansies with a losing record,but he showed them how good they really are by tackling a little girl.
hahahaaa

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by textwatson
Good on that young man!
I get so sick of all these whiny misunderstood types who think that ending the lives of their supposed "bullys" will make them feel better.
I hope this young girl who pulled that gun gets everything thats coming to her.

What does she deserve? The girl is 14 years old, in this world she's still a baby IMO. She didn't hurt anyone. I'm not trying to diminsh her actions which were absolutely wrong.

Should we ruin another life because of this?
She felt helpless in the face of bullying and this was her course of last resort. How sad it is that kids feel driven to take that kind of action. I think if she was inherently evil or whatever you accusing her of being she would've just said #@#! it! and pulled the trigger.

That poor child is broken as way too many of our children are. Every life is a gift from god and we should do EVERYTHING we can to improve the lives of our kids so they don't feel like they have to kill others to protect themselves. Try a little empathy texwatson, especially when it comes to children.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I started a thread on this yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the surveillance video on the bus

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey
the kid absolutely is a true hero and this world needs more like him

maybe if more people got involved in situations happening around them and stop leaving the mess for the next person who comes along to clean this world would be a lot better off

we'd probably have a lot less incidences of police abuse and corruption also

this type of thing really also makes me question 9/11 even more

yes hes a football player and she was a girl but she had a gun

the people on the planes supposedly only had box cutters and it was only a few of them against a plane full of people, that just doesnt add up in my book

I agree completely. Oh no...they have box cutters...you might need stitches after you stomp their face. So be it.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
After watching the video it doesn't really seem to be that great of an accomplishment.

Nobody seems to really give a hoot when she pulls the gun out. Everybody casually walks of the bus.

Others stop and turn around when buddy jumps her and still it doesn't seem to really phaze anyone.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by DazE777]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DazE777

I haven't watched the video yet but what do you think would have happened if he did nothing? She probably would have committed mass murder... and this would have been another Virginia Tech or Columbine.

And is this the first time this has been attempted by a girl? I guess people can't generalize that Women never would do these things anymore and say only boys are violent.

top topics

join