It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dossier that cost Bernier his job released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Dossier that cost Bernier his job released

www.theglobeandmail.com

unredacted subheadings among the papers strongly suggest some of the material may indeed have been sensitive in the wrong hands.

NATO's relationship with a “resurgent Russia,” expansion to the Balkans, Afghan prisoners, arms control in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, AECL reactors in Estonia and the presence of Al-Qaida in Pakistan are just some of the sensitive subjects addressed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.calgaryherald.com
www.thestar.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Scandalpedia- the Canadian Liberal Attack Website

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff71eaa9e422.jpg[/atsimg]

This is Canadian news regarding Maxime Bernier. You might have heard of his colourful escapades from a few months ago.

Sounds like some pretty sensitive information was in there.

Going back, the Harper government really played this story down. The biggest media hype was about his girlfriend's ties to Hell's Angels Montreal prez 'Mom' Bouchard.

At the time, the Conservatives played down the significance of the information.

House Leader Peter Van Loan told Parliament the material was a “mix of publicly available documents, as well as some classified documents.”

And Margaret Bloodworth, then Prime Minister Stephen Harper's national security adviser, told a House of Commons committee the documents were secret but, on preliminary review, not particularly sensitive.

No wonder Harper canned him now that we know more about what was in it.

Oh... I should mention that we have a potential election coming up.

www.theglobeandmail.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/9/09 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What's really strange is this:

Some of the blacked out sections in the Bernier papers appear to defy logic.

References to Canada's well-known position on the seal hunt, for instance, are entirely removed. So is much of the information on Canada's position on climate change. So are parts of the routine biography of Condoleeza Rice, former U.S. secretary of state.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Like... who cares?

Why is it that the above are blacked out as being TOO sensitive and yet NATO's plans for the Balkans is deemed unworthy for protection?

This all stinks to high heaven.

Once again political mudslinging on the eve of a potential election?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It's just stupid Canadian politics. Our government is based on fighting itself when they pretty much all represent the same thing.

Personally, I think this guy should be praised for landing such a smokin' chick that everyone is complaining about. We need more women like that in our government, enough of this sausage fest

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
As an ignorant American I just wanted to ask..., jail time? A fine? SOMETHING?

Or does he just get a 6 figure severance and a pat on the head?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

He didn't even got punished ... he resigned from his ministry but he's still the MP for the region of Beauce. I don't really like him or his party but they made such a big story about him forgetting those document at his ''girlfriend'' house. Probably because she is good looking for the tv news...

Let's hope we won't be seeing him after the election ... however I doubt it, I heard a few months ago that he has the biggest percentage for the Conservative in Quebec ... He had the cutest girlfriend that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by grandnic
reply to post by Maxmars

... He had the cutest girlfriend that's for sure.

Can't argue with that.

top topics

join