It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Baldacci (of Maine) proclaims civil emergency due to H1N1

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
And I'm tired of having to repeatedly point it out but there is no MANDATE that you have to get any vaccine here in MA or anywhere else of which I'm aware. The hyperbole and hysteria being purposely whipped-up about the MA situation is disgraceful for a community like ATS.

The $1,000 a day fine is for a declared public health emergency and applies to anyone deemed a public health threat that refuses to be quarantined and isolated. And before you start throwing the FEAM camps at me the bill specifically states in your own home if possible. The homeless and transients (like people traveling) would be quarantined in public facilities.

Thi is cuirrently happening ion some US colleges. Dorms are being set -up as quarantines and students who are ill are VOLUNTARILY going to these facilities.

Enough of the halloween crap, what say?

There is no mandate YET, but if there is a declaration of emergency which apparently there has been in one state here, then yes a mandate is being considered with enough media hype and pharma-bucks behind it to pass any legislature.
A thousand bucks a day if I don't get stuck with big pharma du jour, or locked up in my house (in my house, what do you mean, IF POSSIBLE?), and we're supposed to sit back and be cool with that?!?
For public safety... from the flu... Yeah, OK.
Dorms being set up as quarentines?
Your own post ought to scare the crap out of you jtma.
The haloween crap, at least from my perspective is that people are going to actually sit back and let them set this precedent and actually cheer as they hand them them this kind of authority. Nobody is locking me up in my house, or anywhere else, and they aren't sticking me with anything. If that makes me some kind of paranoid nutcase, then I'm just gonna have to be a nutcase, but I'm a nutcase that understands my basic right to informed CONSENT.

<< 1   >>

join