It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journal of the Second Revolution [TTSSC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Journal Entry June 22, 2011

Despite my best efforts at communication it appears that the fourth regiment is lost. The battle of Toledo was exceptionally devastating. It would appear that the US forces were not as weakened nor distracted with the Wheeling Gambit as I had thought. Numbers are still sketchy but it sounds like the official count of 135,000 including civilians would be right. With Toledo in solid in our hands, we could have better supported the contingents from both Detroit and Fort Wayne. I guess this means that the people in Gary are going to be on their own when they hit Chicago again in two weeks. I hate how I have made them suffer so much alone, getting Chicago back in our hands is key. The Dons will not risk their boys and hitmen without proof that striking against the US is in their best interest...damn greedy S.O.B's. Pelosi was praising the people of San Fran for not fighting. I know there are enough patriots in Sacramento to bull through those Berkeley hippies, but they are all probably chipped. General Veres would see that coming a mile away no matter which way I scattered them.

Journal Entry June 28, 2011

I should be happy, but I hate it when people disobey orders like that. Got to hand it to those Vols, I never would have thought anything could have taken Atlanta. Memphis, Knoxville and just about all of Tennessee double-timed it down. It left the state wide open, but wow was it ever a rout. When Col. Ames shot himself to keep from having to surrender to our boys, the Cubans in Miami went wild. We should have all of Florida within the week and triple our Navy and Air Force to boot. Still no real headway on Chicago. Maybe I should use what we found at Wright-Pat, but I don't want this to go nuclear. Rough estimates say that somewhere around 78 million have died since this thing kicked off in May.

Journal Entry July 4, 2011

That is the first time the people of Vicksburg have celebrated the Fourth of July since the Civil War. Wish I could be there with them. With the Cotton Belt under our control and 1/3 of the Rust belt, we just might win this thing yet. Seeing the “Don't Tread on Me” flying over the capitol sent a message to the world that we are legit. Lost another 12 million this week.

Journal Entry July 6, 2011

The world did indeed take notice...and enacted their best invasion plans and the bequest of the Joint Chiefs. China hit Cali and blitzed through to Kingman, Arizona. Russia hit both Washington and Oregon as well as the entire east coast from Norfolk to Miami. The EU fortified the Eastern Seaboard and assisted both Canadian and Mexican forces moving North, South and spread through the middle of the country like wildfire. Resistance to the coordinated attacks was heavy but years of animosity translated through their soldiers. There was no mercy, no hearts and minds crap, just total war.

Journal Entry July 17, 2011

It has been a dark few days. The countrymen of the EU, Asian forces and South American countries took advantage of their country's military being in the US. The counterstrike was devastating. Old Soviet block nations pushed in a rushed blitz for the Kremlin. Moscow nuked itself to stop them. London did pretty much the same as well as Belfast and Edinburgh. Israel fended for themselves against the rest of the Mid East. The oil fields will be gone forever.
Journal Entry July 29, 2011

Williams surrendered....that turd was supposed to protect my wife and daughters at all costs...they are dead now...the Rebellion is scattered and demoralized...the battles around the world are bloody...hard to get solid descriptions. Most unsanitized news reports are HAM operators scattered here and there. While there are conflicting reports, I tend to believe accounts form broadcasts that are not repeated...voices that are silenced...

Journal Entry August 15

I am no longer sequestered for my own protection. My decoy “leader” of the revolution has surrendered. The war is over. My mission has been accomplished. US population reduced by 2/3. Most other first world countries count their losses in the 40%-60% ranges. My speech tonight was great:.

My fellow Americans, with the unity of the great nations of this world, it was proven once again that terrorism, insurrection and usurpation by degenerates and maniacal fascists will never prosper nor propagate their deluded machinations of world domination to a free and determined society. I know that our personal losses of friends and family have touched each of us and weigh heavy on our hearts and in our minds, I personally have lost my own wife and daughters to the brutality of this conflict. But we must put aside our sadness and animosities just as all the leaders of the great nations of our world set aside old hatreds and mistrusts over past deeds and stood united to end the senseless violence. The world has seen the power and the endless possibilities coming together as one. And never again shall we consider ourselves as enemies. We will share all our resources and wealth to rebuild and forge ahead with new technologies and explore space not as individual countries but as a united human race. And I, Barak Hussein Obama, am proud of each and every one of us all. As we all pick up the pieces, may our spirits never be tarnished again.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Very cool Ahabstar. Star and flagged for your ingenuity and writing skills. I enjoyed this immensely and will be re reading it again soon. I like how you dated the last entry in July 2011, just five months before the dreaded 2012 apocalypse that may or may not go down. The next entry was not dated as to the year, but only had August. Nice one.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Thanks for catching that, rather than edit I will state that the date is August 15, 2011. I had actually been mulling over a story idea about a failed leader of a revolution...I found that plugging in the President as the grand leader of the rebellion to be an interesting thought that helped the snippet of an idea quite a bit.

In laying things out as journal entries it cut down roughly 70-80 pages of conversations, scene descriptions, character introductions and development. If I keep things in a short story size or 200-300 pages of novel length.

I also liked the efficiency of leaving visualizations to the reader. And of course the twist of the journalist ultimately fighting his own forces as part of an extended external plot. Much in the vein that story was really only a small part of a much larger existence.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
A Political story, I think you explained it well. Thanks for sharing..

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Bravo!

Exposed in your journal entries lies the perceived 'Plan' for population reduction. The structure of your submission is easy to read and perfectly believable.

Obama as the author, evidenced in the final paragraph, is a very nice touch and twist.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Not sure if i'm supposed to be posting here or not but that was a great story!

I had it in my head that the character was just a grizzled soldier leading the resistance from the start but then the twist at the end was great.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

It was exactly from that frame of mind that I wrote the first few entries, as a grizzled veteran stating the facts and minor ideas. More towards the end did I inject some humanity. A slight change to express a desperation and emotion.

reply to post by masqua

As for it being Obama. It wasn't a direct shot. Just using the current President to the timeline established. I suppose in retrospect I could have had Sarah Palin been the author. But changing the facts of the real world causes too much suspension of belief.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Ahabstar]

top topics

join