It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Become a Canadian Pirate!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I guess it had to happen...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b0718a5ce8e.jpg[/atsimg]

Don’t just sit there complaining. Do something about it.

Join today!

Join what?

Britain, Sweden and Finland already have their own Pirate parties which are being recognized as significant political elements representing the people, not the international corporate conglomerates.

Now it’s time for Canada to become part of what’s becoming the world’s first and only global, and truly democratic, political party.

Last Thursday, the CPP needed only 250 people to fill out this form and mail it to:

Rob Britton
8457 boul. Newman Suite #102
Lasalle, QC
H8N 0A2

“How’s it going,” We asked Rob earlier today. “Really well!” - he said. “We’ve got well over 250 people signed up online. Now we’ll see how many of them actually send in the forms.”

You know what to do! And it won’t cost you a cent!

Meanwhile, “Around the world, our political representatives are no longer representing us bowing, instead, to the self-serving demands of the corporate entertainment industry,” said p2pnet at the end of last week, going on »»»

If it seems to you this doesn’t matter much — it’s only movies and music — remember Hollywood and the Big 4 record labels own or control, directly or indirectly, the bulk of the mainstream print and electronic media, with all that implies.

But for the first time in the history of the world, the net has given ordinary people everywhere a voice the powers that used to be are forced to listen to.

People who believe sharing is caring have been labelled Pirates.

So be it.

We pirates will be the ones who force corrupt politicians and corporations to finally acknowledge not only which side their bread is buttered on, but who’s providing it in the first place, we added.

This is a Pirate Party of Canada People message.

Looks like this Pirate Party idea is gaining traction all over the place.
Be interesting to see if they win any seats in the Canadian government.

So all you Canadian ATS members, will you support this party or stick to the same old crap?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
hells yea,im from bulgaria,but i will join online/help as i can RIGHT NOW!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
sh*t ): im not from canada? then what can i do to help join..i really want to.
its the perfect opportunity that i was waiting for to help the people fight the cheap agencyes

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Eh. I'm Canadian and I am joining the Pirate Party of Canada. Can't be worse than any other party that we have.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Already a member

This is one of the parties that I can support, it's been so long since I have had the chance to actually get involved in politics.

If it picks up any steam in my local area, I think I will be running as representative.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

i would just like to say that i have never heard of the uk pirate party. and im in the uk. have never seen a flyer. or poster from them. not even and interenet advert. and i suspect none of my family or friends have.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
How do we start a US version? Sounds like a great alternative to the status quo! Sack the incumbents!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Its better then being a Somalian Pirate
I imagine.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
How do we start a US version? Sounds like a great alternative to the status quo! Sack the incumbents!

Precisely! Why let our Cannuck brothers and sisters to the North have all the fun? We need an American Pirate Party too! Heaven forbid that we would be last to the party!

Unfortunately, as the U.S. is the primary source of IP Protectionism meant to defend Publishers, Film Studios, Record Companies, Ad Agencies, et cetera, I fear that a Pirate Party in America would be an uphill battle in the heart of the Den of Thieves.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Piracy is like picking your nose. Everybody does it but nobody admits it. Just google "microsoft loses lawsuit" and you'll see what I mean.

ca.search.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i know even all the smartbutts
that say they legally bought all of theyr software pirate like crazy..me? well i legally bought all of my software....(wink)
anyway how can we join/help online? ill google it

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
allright BRING IT ON BROTHERS!
www.facebook.com...
the very least we can do is join and spread the message.
as for helping i say we create a small website or something
i can make it,if i have support from your VOTE
what you say guis?
maybe something like ats members legal peer 2 peer support?

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Stillalive]

new topics

top topics

join