It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck A Murderer: Malicious and FALSE Rumor Sweeps Internet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Axial Leader

Yes, not believable at all. Now if they said Glenn Beck was a murderer of Hostess Cupcakes, that I would believe; I mean, just look at the guy.

Glenn Beck could hardly get a sleeping-bag into a stuff-sack, let alone have the energy to murder someone and bury them in some remote location.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It was a rumor started on purpose to illustrate just how easily internet rumors are started and perpetuated - now matter how absurd, no matter what the motive. A phenomenon that Glenn Beck is surely familiar with...

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

[edit on 3/9/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Great comments, all.

From the start I didn't consider, even for one moment, that Glenn Beck had actually raped and killed a young girl. (Obviously so. He's not in jail, and extended jail time is something that is very hard to hide.)

However, I thought that it might be possible there was some strange back-story to this guy's life, similar to things you learn from time to time (like Laura Bush was in an accident as a teenager where her boyfriend died. Or Rick Sanchez, of CNN and Twitter fame, was in a DUI where the guy he hit died, etc.)

So from the start I thought it was a pretty malicious way of characterizing what had happened to him, if anything. It seemed possible there was some long forgotten incident in his life that had never been revealed, and this revelation might shape some my general attitude about Glenn Beck in some way.

What I wasn't prepared for was this whole thing was nothing but a really disgusting prank, performed to promote some political agenda, and that there was nothing at all to this story except a perverse hatred, trying to be passed off as "political satire".

I am absolutely sure that there exists a significant number of people who, now and in future years, will think that Glenn Beck is a rapist murderer, due to this completely fabricated rumor.

Makes you think that anything is possible, if you are willing to drop all your restraints in the name of your anger.

This seems a particularly appropriate contemplation with the anniversary of 9/11 just a few weeks away.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Axial Leader]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko
Wouldn't that be poetic justice if a month or two down the line the boards get flooded with "Beck's a murderer" conspiracy threads, falsified pictures of evidence, and completely made up testimony from blogs!

Check it out!

Glenn Beck rap sheet!

The crime is unsolved!

The manhunt for the suspect briefly caught the attention of Durham’s local media after numerous reports were leaked stating that the rapist, not the victim, cried throughout the encounter. This led to the local Durham media giving the wanted suspect the nickname – “Crying Rapist.”

Sounds like our boy!

“the victim told me the rapist whispered the phrase ‘I’m doing because I love my country’ repeatedly as he cried and raped her.” Sutton added, “before the rapist ran away he looked at the elderly lady and reportedly told her ‘in the future a powerful black man will get the government to kill you’ or something weird to that nature.”

This is getting creepy!

Totally Reliable Source

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The internet echo chamber is powered up on this one.

From your link, an article titled "Glen Beck's AA Sponsor Drops Him."

[edit on 3/9/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
So Glenn Beck is a murderer, it's the same as Obama being a muslim. Serves him right if you ask me. He can dish it out but can he take it?

So you think there is something wrong with being a Muslim?

You equate being a Muslim and being a murder as equally disdainful?

Dish what out?

Did Beck lie about something?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Glenn Beck could hardly get a sleeping-bag into a stuff-sack,

Really?

sigh

[edit on 073030p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by damwel
So Glenn Beck is a murderer, it's the same as Obama being a muslim. Serves him right if you ask me. He can dish it out but can he take it?

So you think there is something wrong with being a Muslim?

You equate being a Muslim and being a murder as equally disdainful?

Dish what out?

Did Beck lie about something?

Ya he murdered and raped a woman for fun...

Glen Beck killed her damn it!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Something is definitely fishy here.

Why won't Beck just come out and prove he didn't rape and murder that woman?

He refuses to even deny it!!

The people deserve to know the truth, and we are outraged, I tell you!!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Beck always does say he use to be a huge dirt bag.

Obvious B.S., and I would actually bet money that Beck himself is doing this to prove a point.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Well I think the fact that Fox continues to air his shows is most certainly indoctrination of my Grandparents and I won't have it!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Is it just me or does Glenn Beck seem really similar to or remind you off the character in V for Vendetta, Louis Prothero the "Voice of London".

Rape is a pretty serious allegation to be slinging at any persons name and on top of that, it is pretty cowardly to do it in this manner.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Oh my gosh, I feel a tearful Glenn Beck episode coming on this evenings show.

Please people, do not give him teh opportunity to get more press by putting out false rumors and then have him wah wah on live television getting the sympathy vote.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Some of you people here are pretty sick just to entertain this.

This thread should be closed for obvious reasons.

Give it to the Extreme Left to come up with crap like this.

This is why they will flush our country down the toilet.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Now we should look at his close associates which will prove the murder once and for all!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Now now, I know you guys are doing it just for the fun factor and satire. Point taken no biggie, i think its kind of funny myself and I understand where you guys are coming from.

Heres the difference tho, im willing to bet that Beck will address this on his show, personally, with facts.

Unlike Obama dispelling rumors by just showing his REAL FULL BIRTH certificate, however im sure that issue will never be resolved and will just fade off into the unknown. No biggie, im more concerned with his policy at this point.

The clear difference to me tho, between this and other things conservatives or republicans are accused of going the deep end on, against the more liberal side, is the fact that i really do think he will address this.

Most of the stuff brought up against Obama or others of the ilk, (with current exception of Van) is ignored, or made fun of but never seriously addressed by said party.

sorry if i come off like im rambling ive had 4 hours of sleep in the last two days, and delirium is starting to set in!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
"Whoosh!" - that was the sound of the point of this joke going over your head

The point is - he shouldn't have to address it.

It's a completely baseless accusation, just like the birth certificate BS.

Why should a public figure have to respond to every bit of nonsense some fool on the internet claims about them?

By denying something like this or giving it any kind of attention at all, Beck would simply be lending credence to it.

Obama hasn't proven he's not a Reptilian either.

I, as a citizen, demand he submit proof that he did not hatch from an egg!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I found this to be relevant to both Beck and Jones:

The FWDing of the Conservative Movement

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
this thing started on the 4chan websire I saw it take place this past weekend.. it was funny to say the least the guy that started it was trying to make a point that glenn says stuff and just thinks someone should comment on it regardless of the proof.

the guy that started it and everyone else kept saying "if gleen beck did not rape and murder a girl in 1990 then why doesn't he come out and say it"

I like glenn but find him to be a douche sometimes

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
"Whoosh!" - that was the sound of the point of this joke going over your head

The point is - he shouldn't have to address it.

It's a completely baseless accusation, just like the birth certificate BS.

Why should a public figure have to respond to every bit of nonsense some fool on the internet claims about them?

By denying something like this or giving it any kind of attention at all, Beck would simply be lending credence to it.

Obama hasn't proven he's not a Reptilian either.

I, as a citizen, demand he submit proof that he did not hatch from an egg!!

Amen,

I demand that BECK brings the girl to his studio and proves she is not alive.

Then I demand he provides the long form death certificate or he can't prove he did not
kill her!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join