It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emerging diseases and sit x

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Whitewave wow great information and well organized.
S&F
I imagine this thread is well on it way to becoming a sticky in the survival forum.

If you compiled this thread into a pdf I would download it and add it to my archive,it's a great resource.
TY

If there was an A book in the making called "The ATS Survivalist handbook" you would get a chapter.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin

If you compiled this thread into a pdf I would download it and add it to my archive,it's a great resource.
TY

Thanks for the kudos. I'd like for people to be as prepared as possible.
Sorry I'm too computer stupid to know how to do a pdf. I just have a folder in my mailbox for copy and pasted info from ATS. That's the extent of my computer skills. My talents lie elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Herbs & Medicinal Plants for Clotting Disorders

Allspice-inhibits platelets cause increased bleeding times.

Andrographis-potentiates the effects of anticoagulants, antiplatelets.

Angelica-increases PT and PTT and INR (prolongs bleeding when taken with anticoagulants).

Black Haw-increases the action of anticoagulants.

Bromelain-a prime component of pineapple acts as a platelet aggregation inhibitor (blood thinner).

Cocoa-in large amounts increases bleeding time. Not too many women will refuse offers of large amounts of cocoa.

Coffee-increases bleeding times all by itself even if you're not on anticoagulants. Taking aspirin with coffee increases the level of caffeine.

Dong Quai-increases the effects of antiplatelets and oral anticoagulants. Increases levels of PT/INR.

Feverfew-increases the anticoagulant properties of anticoagulants and decreases platelet aggregation. Increases PT and PTT (prothrombin time and partial prothrombin time) if also taking Warfarin (Coumadin).

Khella-(AKA Ammi visnaga) increases the risk of bleeding when used with anticoagulants or aspirin. It is now considered a disapproved herb because of the many potential risks.

Motherwort-increased bleeding potential when used with anticoagulants.

Nutmeg-in a chloroform extract protects against thrombosis (blood clots).

Safflower-potentiates the action of anticoagulants/antiplatlets. AKA "Saffron"

Pineapple-increases bleeding time when used with anticoagulants.

Poplar-increases bleeding time when used with anticoagulants.

Saw Palmetto-increases bleeding and potentiates the anticoagulant effects of salicylates (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.). On the up side, it does increase breast size. And you thought it was just for men! Oh wait. I guess it's still just for men.

Tonka Bean-increases bleeding time when used with anticoagulants/antiplatelets. Contains it's own coumarins (like coumadin). FDA considers it unsafe but, then again, they considered Thalidamide, Phen-Phen, and Vioxx to be safe. Still, it's difficult to find this herb.

Agrimony-helps stop bleeding. Decreases clotting times. (Opposite of a blood thinner) Helps to know the other side of the coin.

Alfalfa-is used to increase blood clotting but when used with anticoagulants increases PT and prolongs bleeding. There's just no good way to take this if you're on blood thinners. Taking it results in a "Catch-22" situation.

Arginine-may cause gastric irritation when taken with platelet inhibitors, salicylates, or NSAID's. It's not necessarily contraindicated but why aggravate yourself when there are other things to take?

Coenzyme Q10-decreases the action of anticoagulants. Avoid concurrent use.

Ginseng-decreases the action of anticoagulants. (Keeps them from working as well).

Gossypol-(AKA "wild cotton") when used with salicylates may cause tissue damage.

There are probably others but this should get you started.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Should I have included a reptilian Democrat in a bikini in this thread?

The implementation of Codex Alimentarius is just a few months away. I sincerely hope that people are stocking up on alternative methods for treating themselves in the very likely event that they have to deal with these diseases.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin

TY

Thanks for the kudos. I'd like for people to be as prepared as possible.
Sorry I'm too computer stupid to know how to do a pdf. I just have a folder in my mailbox for copy and pasted info from ATS. That's the extent of my computer skills. My talents lie elsewhere.

While not necessary, if you ever did want an easy way to create a pdf from a file. Use open office, its a free office program alternative to windows office, and when you save the file, it will give you the option to save it as a pdf.

Otherwise this is absolutely wonderful information. I need to read up on these herbal treatments and wonder how possible it will be to obtain seeds to grow this for oneself even. In a real situation X, it will be hard to locate needed items.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Unity_99]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Good to know and thanks for trying to educate me. It's embarassing how little I know about computers and how to operate them. My 10 year old son knows more than I do.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
have free book 'cure for all deseases' by hulda clark handy

very good book

gallosegg.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
A question or two here.
I am somewhat aware of herbals but lacking in storage information.

How long can you store dried herbs and what is the best method for storing?
Do you store loose dried and capsules the same?

I use capsules of oils like pumpkin seed and flax seed.
The bottle doesn't mention refrigeration.
Will these capsules turn rancid? How will I know if they are still good?

Thanks for all this info.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

I also have that book. Feeling too lazy to look through my piles of books for it but isn't she the one that says things like "arthritis is caused by resentment"?

While there may be some truth to that, it's a little too new-agey for my tastes.

Feel free to correct me if I have my authors confused.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

Thanks Angel.
I love free books and this one is 631 pages long. lol
The copyright was done in 1995. so it's not ancient.
It's well organized and readable.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
A question or two here.
I am somewhat aware of herbals but lacking in storage information.

How long can you store dried herbs and what is the best method for storing?
Do you store loose dried and capsules the same?

Ideally, dried herbs should be stored in a cool, dark place. Heat and light and oxygen are the 3 big killers of stored anything. A lot of people store their pills (capsules) in the bathroom medicine cabinet which is a bad place to store that sort of stuff. Too much moisture and heat in the bathroom. Same with the kitchen.

I use capsules of oils like pumpkin seed and flax seed.
The bottle doesn't mention refrigeration.
Will these capsules turn rancid? How will I know if they are still good?

Any kind of oil will go rancid. The kind in the capsules tend to go bad more quickly, I've found. It may be because they're smaller and more easily affected by adverse condition (mainly heat). It's easier for a small item to overheat than it is for a larger item. I keep all my essential oils and capsules in the refrigerator. To me a refrigerator is just a glorified purgatory for leftovers so I use it mainly as a medicine cabinet. As for being able to tell if it's rancid, you can either break open a capsule and smell it or just swallow it on faith and see if you're belching up a rancid flavor later. I prefer the first method.

Thanks for all this info.

It is truly my pleasure and I hope that others will also feel inclined to contribute to the knowledge that may benefit us all.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Was browsing through my rose recipe book and ran across this gem from the year 1639! It's called, "Odiferous Candles Against Venome And The Plague".
Sounds like some variation of thieves oil.
I'd have to look up the meanings of some of these ingredients since I don't know what the modern names of them are but I thought I'd present it here now and get back to the translations later. It is presented here in the original.

Take red Roses, Cloves of each three ounces, Storax ten grammes, Labdanum three ounces, Benjamin six drammes, Frankincense an ounce and a halfe, Staechados two ounces, Citron peele, Yellow Sanders, of each three drammes, Juniper berries halfe an ounce, Musk and Ambergreese of each halfe a scruple: forme them into Candles with gumdragant dissolved in Rose water.-The Charitable Physitian by Philbert Guilbert Phisytian Regent in Paris 1639.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

But will a water filter remove flouride from the water??

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by red_leader

Actually, I don't think it does. Reverse osmosis will remove fluoridation. Wal- Mart has a water refill station that utilizes reverse osmosis on regular tap water and it's fairly cheap. Here's some more information if you like:

chemistry.about.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">removing fluoride

www.thebestwaterfilters.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">commercial filters

The reason I mentioned Berkeys is because they durable, rugged and are specifically designed for survival situations. Relatively cheap as far as filters go. But I don't think they remove fluoride.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I have a friend that was diagnosed with Hepatits C which freaked her right out. When she was diagnosed the doctor was rather insistent that she be hospitalized immediately because her liver enzymes were at a critical level and there was a real possibility her liver could shut down altogether. She refused.

I suggested the following treatment and 3 years later she has been declared to be completely free of Hepatitis C. It took about a month (she said) for her to start feeling better.

Hepatitis is a killer and totally zaps you of all energy so even if your results are not as miraculous as my friends', you should still see some positive results.

Alpha lipoic acid
Milk Thistle
Selenium

Alpha lipoic acid-300mg.(4 of those), three times a day.
Milk thistle-600mg. (2 of those), twice a day.
Selenium-200mcg. (1 of those) once a day.

After 2-4 weeks (my friend did it for 2 weeks), decrease the milk thistle to 300mg. three times a day (still taking the others in the above dosages).
After another 2 weeks use a maintenance dose of 200mg. of milk thistle twice a day along with the same doses you've been taking of the selenium and alpha lipoic acid.

My friend said she felt like she had "a cold" at the end of 4 weeks of this treatment but the next time she went to the doctor, her liver enzymes were much better. Still slightly elevated but not critical. She said she repeated the whole treatment once a year like she was starting over from scratch.

The following year, her liver enzymes were perfectly normal but she still tested positive for hep. C. By the 3rd year she was testing negative.

This is unheard of! People who test positive for years don't suddenly test negative! The doctor had the test repeated and even had the lab equipment and testing method checked because he was in total disbelief.

It does seem like a long time to do a treatment but my friend was in her 70's when she started so that may have something to do with it. Anyway, I offer it here for those who may benefit from the information.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
can you clarify on the contraceptives?
i'm resistant to birth control (for one because i'm nursing) and am interested in a more natural method.

what is the best of the herbal contraceptives you listed and how should it be taken?
what about neem oil? capsules? i've heard those could be good for male contraceptive, do you know?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

Gossypol would be my choice but here's wiki's information on it. Only you and your partner can determine what's right for you.
gossypol

neem

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thank you for all of this awesome information. I am going to print it all out and keep it with my medical supplies.

I will also make sure I have a way to store or grow many of these herbs.

Thanks again!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thank you for taking the time to read it. It's a little disheartening to spend days researching information for a post only to have it get lost in the scores of "opinion only" threads.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people on ATS and if we all pool together the information we have, we'll all be better off for it.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
During any situation x there is the distinct possibility of unwanted sex and its potential for resultant STD's. Many who were in the dome during hurricane Katrina can attest to this.

There are many types of STD's but I'm only going to talk about 3 of them for now. Those 3 are syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia.

SYPHILIS: a bacterial spirochete that was formerly treated with mercury. Since the cure was as bad as the disease, herbal remedies have been sought and utilized with success. Again, the idea of using herbal treatments instead of antibiotics is varied.

1) Appropriate antibiotics may not be available in sit. x. 2) Some people are allergic to antibiotics. 3) Due to the nature of the disease some people may be too embarrassed to seek allopathic intervention and herbal treatment is better than no treatment at all (although it usually takes longer to be effective), 4) There are antibiotic resistant strains of STD's. And the list goes on.

Eventually called "lues" or Cupid's disease, no one wanted to take the blame for being the source of such unintended consequences to sex. The Italians and Germans called it the "French Disease", the French called it the "Italian Disease", the Dutch called it "Spanish Disease", Russians called it "Polish Disease", Turks called it "Christian Disease" and the Tahitians called it the "British Disease". It was originally much more deadly than it is today and killed people more quickly than today.

Syphilis is transferred via contaminated blood to broken skin but mainly through sexual intercourse. There is usually a 2-3 week period before the first symptoms show up. Those symptoms are painless sores erupting at the site of infection, swollen and hardened lymph nodes. Then those symptoms disappear. Since there's no pain and eventually the sores heal on their own, many people do not seek treatment thereby letting the disease progress to the 2nd stage.

The second stage which occurs 2-8 weeks later (long after you've forgotten the name of that one-night stand) will present with fever, loss of appetite, vague pains over all your body, a faint rash usually on the chest and palms and/or soles. Since most people think they have a mild flu they don't seek treatment at this stage either. It is the most contagious stage.

The 2nd stage symptoms will disappear at which the disease goes into its 3rd stage:dormancy. It can lie dormant for months to years. It is insidiously doing damage the entire time and can eventually lead to blindness, insanity, and/or heart and skeletal problems. Eventually it leads to death.

Miscarriage and still birth can occur. If a baby is born alive to a syphilitic mother, the baby will have reddened eyes and, without treatment will become blind. After a few weeks the baby will present with the 2nd stage of the disease.

Indian Pennywort leaves powdered and placed on sores is an external treatment. An extract of 1-5 drops three times a day is useful for the feverish stage.

Indian Mallow bark infusion for fever and dried leaves for the sores is another treatment.

The dried rhizome of smilax glabra roxb. in a decoction has been mostly used in Chinese medicine but has shown a very high success rate. Drink 250 grams warm 30 minutes before meals (three times a day) for 20 days. After a 30 rest from treatment, repeat another 20 day course. Wait another 30 days and repeat the 20 day treatment for a third time. It's slower than antibiotic treatment and your partner (if applicable) will also need to take the treatment. You will need to abstain from sex the entire 3 courses of treatment. The longer abstinence period may be why there has never been a sexually transmitted disease that has been eradicated in humans.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join