It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu May Be Less Dangerous Than Predicted: Study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Swine Flu May Be Less Dangerous Than Predicted: Study

health.usnews.com

TUESDAY, Sept. 1 (HealthDay News) -- Fears that the H1N1 swine flu will turn into a "superbug" this year may be unfounded, say researchers at the University of Maryland.
"I'm not surprised to find that the pandemic virus is more infectious, simply because it's new, so hosts haven't had a chance to build immunity yet. Meanwhile, the older strains encounter resistance from hosts' immunity to them," Perez added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It took a study to figure this out? We actually pay scientists to "discover" what a little common sense will tell us right of the bat. Well ATS, rejoice once more, the world, once again, is not going to end as much as the MSM lauded this horrible pandemic. So whats next, dog flu?

H1N1, disproved?

health.usnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
A couple of months ago swine flu was the only news in the UK, not heard anything about it for weeks.

I've not had it (I don't think), no one I know has had it (apart from my hypocondriac mate who's had everything) and no one that knows them has had it to their knowledge either.

So, if we have had it then it was like a rotten cold, or it was the usual doomsday hype, probably to mask some other news.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
MAIN DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY for H1N1 Aug 4, 2009

Oh-boy this could get crazy.....
www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yeah its just that a medical study, Now throw in someones evil intent to make a superbug and over a period a maybe 2-3 years slowly increase its killing capacity.

mmm so much so the study then.

Research sowed that the swine flu(thats the new virus) is made up of 3 different viruses, Swine flu, Human Influenza and Avian Bird flu.

It only takes an idiot to know that a virus cannot mutate to this level.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I've almost certainly got it now and whilst I feel rough as hell, it's nothing to be overly concerned about. I guess the only worrying factor is how contagious it is so I suppose it can be dangerous to those with underlying medical conditions but if you are generally healthy, it's just as unpleasant as any other flu.

top topics

join