It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky News Campaign For Leaders' Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Sky News Campaign For Leaders' Debate

news.sky.com

Sky News is launching a national campaign calling for a live television debate as part of the General Election, the first of its kind in Britain.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 9/1/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Now this looks good, what do you guys think.

A time to gain and lose votes.

Sky News will televise the debate and stream it live on skynews.com, and Independent Radio News (IRN) will simulcast it to all its 300 stations across Britain, Mr Ryley said.

well looks like its going to be fun for everyone to watch

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
really no views or comments this is a big thing, well i think it is.

politics is a subject lots of people in britain should be more botherd about.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Strange, I read Sky News today, must've missed this one.

I think it's a great idea that they are actively seeking debate between the members for this General Election.

Now this is the 1st of it's kind? I'm a little ignorant to UK politics, what did they do before?

Is this like a whole European thing, or just the Uk?

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I dont know really but due to it being live i would think there would be no eiditing to help a certain party.

never the less its going to be great i hope all major partys will turn up.

CX

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I think it's just another gimmick to be honest. A gimmick run by the company owned by the man who was onced described as the "24th member of the cabinet". (Man have i lost all trust and faith in the media and politics!)

I'd be slightly more interested in the process if we didn't end up with the same old greedy clueless (insert whichever profanity you wish) running the country.

Unfortunately, whichever party gets in, i fear it will be the same story every time. Corruption, greed, sleeze, childish digs at each other in Parliment....oh and more corruption....followed by outlandish spending doing up their office whilst soldiers die from crap equipment which could have been improved with the money the greedy politicians used for their new wallpaper!

Thanks for the the thread though, it will still be an interesting watch.

CX.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I would LOVE it if they had live debates. Then, when the elected DONT come through on there polices, the british may actually get up off there asses and say something. Might even change the way we do politics for the better. It could expose leaders such as Nick Griffen and give people a bigger insight as to what these people REALLY want to do. And because 99% of polititians are corrupt, money thieving cheats, might wake a few people up and kick em into gear when they lie DIRECTLY to the population.

new topics

top topics

join