It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools Ban Touching To Fight H1N1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Schools Ban Touching To Fight H1N1

wcbstv.com

As students across America prepare to head back to school, officials and parents are bracing for a spike in swine flu cases. With the possibility that nearly 2 million people will be hospitalized, and 90,000 people across the country could die, one Long Island school district is taking no chances and has set into place a new "hands-off" approach to fighting the swine flu.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I'm guessing whoever if created the virus was really hoping for a lot more then 100 deaths, too bad human immune system can adopt. So now, knowing that virus won't kill as much people the powers at be continue on fear mongering.

Now, this reminds me of movie called Jeremiah TV series, it is really good you guys should watch it, just like Jericho.

wcbstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-9-2009 by wrill]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
What a ridiculous policy. More "appearance" of action to mollify the braindead.

Maybe we should just shrink-wrap our children. THAT would be far more effective.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Being as swine flu has now infectes some birds in Chile the officials are worrying it might mutate with Bird Flu, i wouldnt say its over yet.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Just another step to teach kids from birth to alienate those around them.
Don't trust anyone.
Don’t touch anyone.
Live in the virtual world.
Don’t share with anyone.

Yeah, it’s going to become harder and harder for kids to interact normally.
Or what we knew as normal when we grew up.
Why?

Devide and conquer.

Flu my Aunt Fanny - it’s divide and conquer.

peace

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
million bucks says it wasn't a catholic school that came up with this idea.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Holly mallony, reminds of of the movie Demolition Man, 'be well' . uhh.

Isnt this getting just too darn redicules?
Isnt the best thing to just have the darn flu and get over it, move on et cetera ?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Oh pfft! That isnt going to stop kids from touching each other.
Do they realize how crowded most schools are?
Or how rebellious some kids can be?

I agree, appearance of action for the brain dead.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
this is ridiculous, this is a free country. and terrorist hates freedom because they don't have it. so they freely go around the world and blow stuff up. oh the insanity.

oh lawd they're banning human interactions, quick, our freedom is at stake, lets turn on the TV and soak in all the BS we can before its too late.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The ignorance of the so call appointed authorities and Officials is pitiful.

The flu is air born, what they are going to do next, make face mask mandatory?

Can somebody put this ignorant morons out of their misery before they make the entire nation as miserable as them.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Isn't swine flu airborne, anyways? A 'no touching' rule seems minimally effective due to that.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yes it is AshelyD that is why I call them morons in the post above you, is just ridiculous, I guess this people actually think that the rest of the nation are as morons as them, but then again you kind of wonder sometimes.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I really have to figure out a way to home school my new born(well 5 months now) when the time comes. I desperately do not want him to or myself for that matter have to deal with the politics of public school. Hell, I've been out for 15 years and it was BS back then, I know it's a 100 times worse now.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I just noticed we posted at the same minute mark. lol

But yes, I'm sure the no-touching might do some good but since it's airborne, then this new rule falls under the list of things that make you go 'Um. Ok.'

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wrill

Oh my God, look out it’s the cooties mentality in action, and if the kids are not careful they might catch cooties from the other school kids. As if this nonsense about “Swine Flu” was not bad enough now children are going to be terrified of their fellow classmates from the possibility of sickness. I remember how silly I thought the girls were in school when they would point their finger and say someone had “boy cooties” or how bad the boys would tease some other boys if a girl kissed him on the cheek because now he apparently had “girl cooties”.

So, now let’s examine this for a minute or two, now children are to be scared of each other because of the potential for “Swine Flu”, the parents are to be terrified about a potential school shooting as well as the potential for their children being kidnapped, and whatever other malady, scare tactic, or “terror” can be attributed to any outside source when the Government points their bony fingers of death and destruction and says :

“Beware, lest they destroy you.”

This is in essence indoctrination into being terrorized by your fellow Americans, taught as children, to grow up fearing each other, then as adults to fear each other as well, mixed with whatever other nonsense they care to add to the mixture of propaganda both through “educational means” to the Main Stream Media spreading the stories and causing mass inducement of the benevolence of Government for those sheeple yet to have been taught this lie because as we all know Government will do anything and everything to gain, retain, and re-train control of the populace enmasse.

This is plain and simple a way to make your child scared of the other child through the implementation of terror tactics that the other child may in fact be a carrier of "Swine Flu".

If this were really as much a problem as they are stating, and it is not, they would have quarantined the Mexican/American border by now, since W.H.O. is on the scene.

The World Health Organiztion is present on the border, and being a United Nations organization, they have the power to push towards quarantine if there is enough outbreak, which they have not done yet.

There are three words which describe what is happening here in plain language.

Divide and Conquer.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
My son's school has been holding this no-touching each other thing in their policies since he started school. He's now in 2nd grade. They were taught from kindergarten on not to touch each other.

Can you imagine, no kids giving each other hugs even in school? Man, I've been out of high school for about 19 years now, but this is getting ridiculous. Let's make everyone feel as if they are an "outsider".

I don't want my son vaccinated at school and will pull him out if necessary. No one in our family has received any flu shots, and we're not about to start now. Everyone I know that has ever gotten one has become sick from the regular ones they offer every fall.

Being dictated by the gov. what I should do with my son is crazy. BTW, my mother-in-law works for a County social worker dept. and she won't even get a flu shot....

A_L

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Don't trust anyone.
Don’t touch anyone.
Don’t share with anyone.

Yeah, it’s going to become harder and harder for kids to interact normally.
Or what we knew as normal when we grew up.
Why?

Devide and conquer.

Flu my Aunt Fanny - it’s divide and conquer.

peace

I'm sorry but that's an over-reaction - maybe it's time for an ATS break? This is not a conspiracy to alienate the human race.

The policy is unorthodox and could be difficult to enforce, but Nassau Health Commissioner Dr. Maria Torroella Carney says it's a good way to educate awareness.

Although I don't agree that it will reduce illness I do think that maybe, unlikely but maybe, it will "educate awareness". They won't enforce this - they won't be able to. At least they are trying something.

I went out and bought some germx wipes for my children to use at school so they didn't have to go to the restroom all the time to wash their hands. School's been in session for 1 week and already there are 5 cases of swine flu in my child's school.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Isn't swine flu airborne, anyways? A 'no touching' rule seems minimally effective due to that.

Can't you also pass germs through touch? I.e. someone sneezes into their hand and then shakes your hand and then you scratch your nose? I really don't know. I just know that in the 1 week that my child's school has been in session, 5 kids have come down with swine flu (diagnosed) and a whole lot of other kids have a stomach virus. Out of 30 kids in my daughter's homeroom 14 were out yesterday sick.

Edit to add: Like I said in my post above, I went out and bought some germx wipes for my children to use at school so they didn't have to go to the restroom all the time to wash their hands.

[edit on 1/9/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Airborne and 'surface borne'... OK kids are great little incubators, between that and making noise I think that's pretty much all kids do!

But really they would have to extend the no touching rule to no sharing pencils and learning materials, no opening doors (they should all swish open like in star treck (OK that would be cool)), not sitting in a seat that has not gone through denomination, NO KEYBOARD AND MOUSE USE!!, a 5 foot rule so that they can't breath directly on each other (and learn that their best friend could kill them).

In fact shave their heads, hose them down with chemicals and make them wear paper suits all day.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I'm sorry but that's an over-reaction - maybe it's time for an ATS break?

An ATS break?
Well, I can see where fear would makeyou say something like that.
No problem.

This is not a conspiracy to alienate the human race.

No, just the American’s.
Something that foolish would never happen where I live.
At least not yet and I pray it never will.

The policy is unorthodox and could be difficult to enforce, but Nassau Health Commissioner Dr. Maria Torroella Carney says it's a good way to educate awareness.

Educate awareness of what?
Exactly what I posted.

Don't trust anyone.
Don’t touch anyone.
Don’t share with anyone.

And why?
Because the flu is an AIRBORNE VIRUS!

Although I don't agree that it will reduce illness I do think that maybe, unlikely but maybe, it will "educate awareness".

Again, ‘educate awareness’ of what?
And if it’s not going to - even in your opinion - help, why freak kids out even more and enforce even more rules on them?

TO CONTROL
Make them compliant for their *own good* - and get them used to living under control from day one.

It’s so disgusting it sickens me.

They won't enforce this - they won't be able to.

Wanna bet?
It will have family against family, kid against kid, and the police will be called in.
Mark my word, it’s happened before.
Kids have been arrested as young as 6 for touching in school (young as 3 if I remember correctly).
For Hugs.
That is beyond sick.

At least they are trying something.

Yes, they are.

I went out and bought some germx wipes for my children to use at school so they didn't have to go to the restroom all the time to wash their hands. School's been in session for 1 week and already there are 5 cases of swine flu in my child's school.

And you think germ wipes are going to help?

So, you’ll be first in line to make sure your kids get a flue shot I take it?
I hope the best for you and yours, I mean that.

peace

[edit on 1-9-2009 by silo13]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join