It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these new tactics to recruit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I just received a phone call the ID read U.S. Goverment

The voice was that of a young sexy female asking for my Grandson who is going to be a Senior this year in School. I said he wasn't here which he is not and I asked what the call was in reference to.

This cute little voice said something to the effect of did __________ send in for information for the ARMY. I said no he did not and will not be joining any service he was going to college. The girl (not women) sounded youngish. I was wondering if others have had calls like this to there home.

Is our government using young sexy sounding girls to make these calls so the young men 17 to 18 years of age will talk with them and maybe get them interested in service and looping them in.

I am so glad I just dropped the boys off at Football Camp otherwise this might have been picked up and I would have never known.

As far as I see it I don't trust the trickery of our Government so now this is one more talk I have to have with the family.

My fear is since he is going to College and we do not have loads of money someone like this sexy sounding young lady might talk him into the service paying for his College if he joins.

What are your thoughts and feeling on this?

[edit on 31-8-2009 by observe50]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

There are women recruiters and they are usually close to 30. So I don't know if that falls into your young category.

Cut the lady some slack, she has a nice voice, so what? If this had been a man would you get upset because he had a voice like Barry White?

People can't help the way there voice sounds.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

They do send recruiters to camps and places that have late teenage persons. I do not see why you would be upset at the prospect of your grandson going into one of the five services. I was proud when my boys went into the service and am not ashamed of my tenure in the services.

I am proud of all the young men and women who give their time to serve their country.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Sure doesn't sound like a tactic...sounds like a woman with a cute voice trying to do a VERY hard job

-Kyo

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Duh! I forgot where I posted this.

Thanks for responding.

I don't mind service but I don't want my Grankids going when there is a WAR especially like this one. I think this WAR was prompted by Bush and there Agenda not because Saddam had weapons of Mass Destruction.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

join