It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colombian Government: President Alvaro Uribe has swine flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Colombian Gov't: President Uribe Has H1N1

Colombian President Alvaro Uribe has the swine flu and officials are contacting other South American governments whose leaders attended a recent summit along with the Colombia leader, authorities said Sunday.

The 57-year-old Uribe began feeling symptoms Friday, the same day as a meeting of South American presidents in Bariloche, Argentina, and he was confirmed to have swine flu on Saturday, said Social Protection Minister Diego Palacio.

"This isn't something that has us scared," Palacio told a news conference, adding that Uribe was not considered a high-risk patient.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Ah you beat me to it. Someday I'll be ahead of the curve.

I find this quite amusing after the stuff in the news this week about Chavez crying foul about proposed new US military presence in Columbia. If I was paranoid I might think that he was deliberately infected and offered the vaccine in exchange for his signature on the documents. But that would just be crazy wouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Who knows?

Winter is coming around, and it was seen before in 1918, that when summer came, the flu died down. When winter came back, it struck back hard and killed millions of people.

Now, whether or not we'll see the same thing is a matter of debate, but if Colombia's president is sick, I think that shows anyone is able to get sick.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Actually I was way behind the curve on this.

He is the second Latin American to contract h1n1, the other being Costa Rica. Also I hadn't realised he'd been caught on camera sneezing and coughing at the summit. If it wasn't scary it would be hilarious, I wonder how many of them will go down with it and whether we'll be told about them.

I'm no good at maths but the odds to me seem long that out of 45 million population that the president is one of the 621 confirmed cases.

news.sky.com... 415371607?f=rss

new topics

top topics

join