It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu and verichip....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
www.wnd.com...

Scary situation unfolding.
Excerpt form article:

Next step in H1N1 scare: Microchip implants
Company developing under-the-skin devices to detect 'bio-threats'
Posted: August 22, 2009
11:50 pm Eastern

By Drew Zahn
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

VeriChip's microchip implant, about the size of a grain of rice

A Florida-based company that boasts selling the world's first and only federally approved radio microchip for implanting in humans is now turning its development branch toward "emergency preparedness," hoping to produce an implant that can automatically detect in its host's bloodstream the presence of swine flu or other viruses deemed a "bio-threat."

VeriChip Corporation currently sells a small, under-the-skin Radio Frequency Identification capsule, or RFID, that patients can opt to have implanted, containing a number computer-linked to their medical records, enabling doctors with a special reader to access the information even if the patient is unconscious or unidentified. The company boasts its microchip, roughly the size of a grain of rice, is the only such implant approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

But VeriChip has also turned its attention to other uses for the technology, including microchips that be used to tag and log human remains after a disaster and implants the company hopes will be able to warn if their host is infected with the H1N1 swine flu virus, the H5N1 bird flu virus or other pandemic agents deemed to be a "bio-threat."

VeriChip is working with a Minnesota company, Receptors LLC, to develop the virus-detection technology.

"As we continue to build on our partnership with Receptors, which started with the development of a glucose-sensing RFID implantable microchip, we are moving beyond patient identification to sensors that can detect and identify illnesses and viruses such as influenza," said Scott R. Silverman, chairman of VeriChip, in a statement. "This is an exciting next step for the future of our healthcare division."

(Story continues below)

MOST READ

News From The Worlds Of History, Gemology,
And Science.

1. Huge Ruby Found In Bali
2. World's Most Expensive Watch Disappears
3. Cache Of Giant Raw Diamonds Found
4.1930's Antique Spedometer Found On A Wrist
5. Yale's Air Heros Of World War I
6. Over 100,000 sets of pearls given away
7. U.S. Clock Loses 1 Second in 20 Million Years
8. Chemist shocks Diamond Trade
9. Emeralds under $10 a carat?
www.stauer.com

According to a joint white paper released earlier this year by both companies called "An Integrated Sensor System for the Detection of Bio-Threats from Pandemics to Emerging Diseases to Bio-Terrorism," the research's goal is to transform existing glucose-detection technology into pinpointing viruses instead, then couple it with an "in vivo" – meaning implanted inside a living organism – microchip that can alert others of the virus' presence.

The ultimate goal is to develop an implant that can also diagnose which virus is infecting the host.

VeriChip has also announced earlier this month additional forays into emergency preparedness through its VeriTrace system.

According to a statement, the company sold a VeriTrace system, including 1,000 RFID microchips, to Kentucky's Green River District Health Department "for disaster preparedness and emergency management needs."

The company explains that VeriTrace, a separate system from its virus detection or patient records technology, was created in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, where it was used by the Federal Disaster Mortuary Operational Response Team. The system includes the microchips, a Bluetooth handheld reader, a customized camera that receives both RFID scanned data and GPS data wirelessly and a web-based database for storing information and images captured during emergency response operations.

The microchips are implanted in human remains following a disaster or, according to one report from the Katrina catastrophe, duct-taped to bones, in order to maintain detailed records, particularly in events that result in hundreds or thousands of fatalities.

"This database ensures the precise collection, storage and inventory of all data and images related to remains and the associated evidentiary items," the statement boasts. "This also allows the recreation of an accurate and complete reconstruction of a disaster setting, crime scene or similar setting where recreation is necessary."

Since Hurricane Katrina, the RFID Journal reports, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, the Hawaii Department of Health, the Florida Emergency Mortuary Operations Response System and the medical examiner's office in the Department of Heath in Erie County, N.Y, have also purchased the system. Earlier this year, VeriChip announced sales to Maryland's Calvert Memorial Hospital and to Mercer and Atlantic counties in New Jersey.

WND contacted VeriChip seeking information on its progress in developing the virus detection technology and other emergency preparedness microchip implants, but received no response.

WND previously has reported on such chips when hospitals used them to identify newborns, VeriChip desired to embed immigrants with the electronic devices, a government health event showcased them and when Wal-Mart used microchips to track customers.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Flu vaccination guage needles 22

CHIP guage needles 14

In my humble opinion not going to happen.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Flu vaccination guage needles 22

CHIP guage needles 14

In my humble opinion not going to happen.

This is exactly what I was wondering. I've never had a flu shot so I had no reference. I have access to the "chip needles" to view....

I dont do needles and I DAMN SURE wouldnt let something like that be stuck in me! OOOOOOOOOUCH!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Aw geeze people, look at the source!

Anonymous needs to hack WND's servers and never let them post filth again.

And just so you know, I do find this highly possible, which is why WND does these and UFO type stories.

They make us all go "SEE, I KNEW IT!", but then we realize the page the link just brought us to, and they just totally got a page view out of us

Dammit lol.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
They may try to prep people for the true implant.

Good question but the verichip has several purposes. You can upload all banking info, social security number, global Id number and have you bank wire your money directly to your chip.

There are several ways to look at it but I will only mention my version.

In terms of the Biblical mark of the beast; they can’t sneak a chip in to you. It must be a conscience choice to receive it.

If it’s true they are chipping babies at birth in the UK, this doesn’t count. It was not a conscience decision, same with mentally disabled and Alzheimers patients.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
*groan*

Not again.

How many times are we going to see this malarkey brought up?

I mean seriously folks, it's at least once a week.

Admittedly the needle size info was new and original to me; but the rest is nothing more than a rehash of old, bad, information.

It's time to either start a comprehensive, ongoing thread or let the subject die entirely.

M.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

VeriChip Corporation (NASDAQ: CHIP) 120% HIGHER; VeriChip and its development partner RECEPTORS LLC, announced today that VeriChip has been granted an exclusive license to RECEPTORS' Patent No. 7,504,364 titled “Methods of Making Arrays and Artificial Receptors” and Patent No. 7,469,076 “Sensors Employing Combinatorial Artificial Receptors,” in their application to the development of the virus triage detection system for the H1N1 virus.

link

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by helpmefindtheway

Thank you for a more reputable link. WND is a questionable source BUT that does not mean they ALWAYS tell lies (or the truth)

Do those behind the government want to chip us? Of course, branding or marking you "cattle" including humans has been around for eons. This is just the techno brand. (Branding of Slaves)

top topics

join