It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Fellow Survivalists!!! I'm Your New FSME...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Welcome Semper as the moderator for this great thread.

I want to ask you how would I find a survivalist group here in Central Texas. I have searched thru many web sites and am unable to locate a local group.

Thanks for any help you can give .

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Congrats Semper

I shall invite you to our end of the world boat party 2012 dec 21, to ensure we have a survivalist on board to help us through the worst of it. There will be fire crackers n stuff, which we may mistake as sun flares. Panic all round, but your on hand, so thats excellent.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

See ya in the woods...

And you better hope he's on your side.

A bastion of knowledge, common sense, and experience.

He's also well versed in human nature, a big bonus in any survival discussion.

(Although I hear he's a step slower, these days from the weight of all the badges he's carryin' around. )

Welcome and Congrats, Compadre.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You borrow Semper's Taser , of course.

Good for bad cooks and poached eggs.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I look forward to the knowledge you will share with us. The members of ATS have much to share, I applaud you on your willingness to learn.

Welcome and Congratulations,

Lucent

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Hello Everyone!!!

Names Semper and I'm here to help..

A little bit about me..

In the Marines I was in a STA Platoon which translates into Scout Sniper. As such I attended (And passed mind you) some of the finest survival schools in the military.

I continued on with my survival education all through the Cold War as I was convinced that the US and the USSR was going to blow each other up and I wanted to be around to see what was left.

I have extensive firearms training and experience, firearms instructor training and experience as well as DT (Defensive Tactics), Knife Techniques, extensive climbing experience and rappelling and so on...

Most of which I still instruct in...

What exactly does this mean?

That I have a LOT to learn and I expect to learn it all from those of you that consider survival a passion or a necessity. I consider it both.

So, I am here to help, feel free to ask anything and if I can answer it, I will, if not; I am sure someone on this GREAT site will have an answer..

See ya in the woods...

Semper

If written and taught properly, a nice civilian version of S.E.R.E. I think would do just fine with the strong minded ones. The ones who can not handle a little stress maybe not. Maybe we should bring in the Bear for a lesson or two.

Good to have you at the helm on this one Semper, GODSPEED!

Eye of Eagle
Semper Fi

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
enough accolades

begin the training

your army is waiting

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Awesome
Congrats Semper , as always you piss excellence!

Semper Fidelis

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I didnt see your rank so for respect I will guess at nothing less than a Gunny. I suspect maybe higher for your time in.

That being said,

Gunnery Sergent,

East Texas boy here. I've got a lot of survival theory and some practicum. The one thing that I haven't been able to figure is how to produce pine nuts from cones. Out here we gettem by the bushel. I know that the needles are good for a vitamin c supplement when cooked into a tea (prevent scurvy) and the nuts are good for a food source and loads more. Do you know of how to process cones?

Acorns are easy. Leach the tannin with water several times (remove the bitter) and grind to flour. Ive also seen where they and dandelion roots can be roasted for ersatz coffee.

If they can be found, "bitter oranges" are UBER good sources of C and a general cure all. For any that dont know these, bitter oranges are of asian heritage brought here. They grow on a tree/bush with thorns similiar to mesquite. They are about 1-2" wide and smell like a grapefruit.

Any info would be highly appreciated.

Welcome to the family!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DieterDengler

Are you challenging Semper's credentials? Check his website. Are you asking for personal infomation not on his website? Check the T&C.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Hello Everyone!!!

Names Semper and I'm here to help..

See ya in the woods...

Semper

Well, I'll see you in the woods. You'll see me if I want you to,
heya semper welcome to the control booth! I'm pretty noisy on this board so I look forward to hanging out
There's lots you have to teach when you feel like writing (hint, Hint) . Beauty of survival topics is that theyre pretty much endless. So much to learn.........glad you're here!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This has probably been asked but I couldn't see anything about it. Why isn't your name semper fidelis?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Hiya felonius, fellow East Texan here

Here's a site with information on harvesting pine nuts, it's fairly simple, but time consuming if you need a lot of them.

www.pinenut.com...

And hello semperfortis, I look forward to reading your threads.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Devil Dog,
I’m a Devil Dog to, and I like you I fill that I’m a survival expert. I spent 10 years in the Marines and got out as a 0369. I went in the Army Guard for 2 years, why I completed my Security Management degree. I now work as a Security Contractor for the Government. I have worked in Qatar, Iraq, and I’m now working in Afghanistan. I all so deployed 7 times why I was in the Marines. I have been to about every survival school there is. A few of the schools I went to are, Assault Climber, Mountain Leader, Swift water survival, Jungle war fair, and cold weather survival. I also went to SAWIC, (Small Arms Weapons Instructor Course) I’m a green belt instructor certified in MCMAP, and I’m a Level 2 combative instructor for the Army. I live by the motto “faller to prepare is preparing to fail” I’m the guy that has enough food for years, ammo for a life time, and my wife and I each have our own HUMMERS. I hope I will be able to add a lot to this form, and be able to form a tight network of friends that want to survive whatever might be coming.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Here here, star, and flag for earning Your way down a long road of experience. Look forward to seeing Your posts

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Schizoptimistics

If an Enemy Faction overruns your NG Armory, the only advice I can give you is to go into survival mode, hide until clear and get away until you can find like minded individuals and coordinate.

I am well armed, but not even close to being able to take out a NG Armory.

Brave suggestion, but you would be of far more use by living to help with a coordinated effort. Think Red Dawn.

reply to post by Niinnai

How much money do you have?

reply to post by seabisquit

I am not familiar with groups in that part of the US, but I will do some checking with some friends of mine.

In the mean time, consider starting one of your own. Facebook is a wonderful tool as are the many different Survival Sites you can Google.

reply to post by zazzafrazz

Will there be Fried Chicken?

reply to post by EYEOFEAGLE

Civilian SERE....

What a GREAT idea... I can only wonder what the insurance would cost for a class like that?

reply to post by DieterDengler

Scott, Allen, Pancoss etc....

1980's
Paris Island
Jacksonville
San Diego
Virginia
Nevada
Korea
Japan
Lebanon
Panama
Denmark

reply to post by felonius

Not a Gunney, no..

I Hope we will cover all of that as we progress. We have a lot of wonderful members with a tremendous amount of information here.

reply to post by punkmonkey14

Check the Latin for Semperfortis...

reply to post by usmc0369

HOORAH!!!!
Semper Fi

To everyone else, thank you very much for the welcome..

I really hope to get this forum "cookin" and encourage all of you to get started posting and researching..

I am always only a U2U away with any questions about the Forum or anything else for that matter.

WOW!!!! Is this going to be fun or what!!!

Semper

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I am guessing you may own a rifle or two.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

Or two...

Yep

Semper

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join