It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From out of the shadows...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This is my intro thread. Figured I'd get it in here so you guys could learn some stuff about me. I know alot of you. I've been lurking ATS for LONG awhile, mostly enjoying the content, the contradictions in thought and opinion, and the opportunity to find out new things. I'm middle-aged, an inactive Marine, husband, father, and a skeptic to an extreme. Don't get me wrong, I don't instantly disbelieve everything I hear, but all info goes into one of three catagories. Verified Truth, Verified Lie, and Must Learn More. Nearly every topic on ATS falls into the last catagory. Still... as pertains to the site, my interests lie in... everything here. I have no problem playing Devil's Advocate when necessary, but mostly I just enjoy the non-standard line of thoughts here and how you guys don't mind getting challenged on ideas. Instead of getting upset, the majority of you (especially the older crowd), seem to revel in the challenge of debate.

I've never been abducted, never had anything supernatural at all happen to me, personally. My life has been as run-of-the-mill as you can possibly get without flipping on Leave It To Beaver. Perhaps this is the reason for my fascination with EVERYTHING ATS represents.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys,

Arrow

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Welcome and glad that you joined us!! This is a great place and I look forward to reading your thoughts in future posts!!! Have fun!!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Welcome and Semper Fi, Brother. I was paroled in 92'

What?? you've never been abducted by aliens? You don't know what your missin.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by 5 oClock]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hello and welcome Arrowmancer!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Willkommen zum oben genannten strengen Geheimnis.

Thanks for joining the german ufo website. post must be wirtten in german und english...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If my life was that run of the mill I'd put a bullet in my head. But welcome to ATS.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jehovah

Thanks for the welcomes guys. Funny about he German UFO site. That's kinda what got me started. A time delay video that showed the galaxy rising over the Texas plains. Made me feel small. Insignificant. Alone. In a world of billions. Yet here I am.

As far as the run-of-the-mill and putting a bullet in my head? Erm... no. Run of the mill meaning nothing supernatural. Many unusual NATURAL events have occurred. Being struck by lightening. Multiple near death experiences. Meeting unusual people. All very normal things in the abstract. My life has been interesting to me, but I wouldn't expect it would be as viewed by you. As I understand it, having a normal life, in your opinion, would be a negative thing? I'm not sure how, but I'll respect that opinion. If it can be explained by rational, logical thought, I would consider it mundane and of little consequence on these forums. Still, i appreciate all the welcomes and hope to contribute positively on these forums.

new topics

top topics

join