It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Robot Designed to Help Earth Plants Grow on Mars"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The Link

Robot Will Help Colonize Mars After We've Ruined Earth
Well, it's good to know that in the event that our planet collapses under the weight of climate change, overpopulation, a water crisis, nuclear holocaust or whatever, there are designers out there already preparing for life on Mars. If we do indeed set out to colonize Mars, the first thing we're going to need is ample breathable oxygen. Enter Le Petit Prince, a greenhouse robot designed to keep plants safe while scavenging for more nutrients.

This concept design is rather intriguing to me. A few months back I saw Wall-E and in many ways this is very similar to Wall-E's GF. Still an intriguing concept. A robot that seeks out nutrients to keep its plant life cargo alive to help colonize Mars with plant life to create a breathable atmosphere for humans.

I wonder if this is even possible and if it is how long it would take to create such atmosphere?

Regardless, a cool design. Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
mars has a dirt surface, it has iron at the very least.

we send sattelittes to mars, bombard the planet with microwaves, like a giant oven, heat the surface release all the water.

then the sattelites crash through the atmosphere.. dumping millions of seeds onto the surface.

screw robots... theres a quick terraforming plan. (: ps i came up with this while microwaving popcorn

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
They look like the Orbs that GlaDOS has in Portal...

Deploying surprise in five... four... Time out for a second. That wasn't supposed to happen. Do you see that thing that fell out of me? What is that? It's not the surprise... I've never seen it before. Never mind, it's a mystery I'll solve later, by myself, because you'll be dead."

new topics

join