It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't science about finding God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

For me, the first commandment is to love God.

How to love God is the hard part. Treating His fellow creation with respect is definitely a good start, I feel.

Have the humility to realize that God is smarter than us, and his design is the best design. We shouldn't try to manipulate nature too much.

One thing I've never understood, is the desire of living on top of each other, in the cities. People should really try to get out of the cities, and start a garden in a small piece of dirt, if you can. Plant things that grow food, even in apartments.

Coal fired power plants should become back-up to solar systems on every house, apartment building, business, farm, etc. Grid intertie systems are almost free right now, with government and local utility rebates.
What we are paying for transmission line loss over miles of power lines is staggering. Reduce that and we put money in our pockets, and improve our surroundings. It's a no brainer.

Why are we not driving electric cars? They are fast, low maintenance, quiet, non-pollutant and could be refilled using solar. Charging systems could charge much faster with some advancement.

Electricity is a gift, and very powerful. Let's use it wisely and not let it enslave us.

Weather modification is a BIG no-no. We all need the atmosphere, and no one has the right to pollute it. Stop cloud seeding NOW! It is polluting the water, killing and sickening everything that relies on that precious water, including ourselves. Water boards need to stop hiding the truth and put in better metal particulate filters (non-chemical) in water treatment systems.

What's up with all the contrails? Even the people who don't believe they are spraying something, realize the clouding from this is causing anomalies in the weather. Can't they change their altitude, tune up their engines or something? I miss deep blue skies, as a recent thread suggests. It drives me crazy to be way up in the mountains, only to have the clear blue sky covered in trails with who knows what in them.

Cloning. Why?

Abortion. Does it feel like it's the right thing to do?

I think there are benefits to scientific research, but we have lost a handle on the ones who want to design killer viruses, weapons, and things that hurt and harm and destroy. It is us against them.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Udontknowme]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Udontknowme

I have found that loving God is very difficult.

But loving Jesus is easy - He loves, He forgives, He is approachable.

So, always call upon Jesus - He is always there.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I could not disagree with this post more.......

IMO, science is to see/prove how things in nature work.

IMO, it serves not to show no god, but just acts of nature/science.
( God did not do it, it happened due to (fill in appropriate science)

<< 1   >>

join