It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Va. SPCA exec's dog dies after 4 hours in hot car

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Until we're psychic enough to know what they go through, it's not enough to think we're always doing the right thing by keeping them alive. Ask the dog whisperer what he thinks as well. He might agree with you.idk

But everyone has a choice. The dog would have died long before on it's own. Some owners dogs have been said to run away when they were sick and dying to die peacefully alone.

My mother had a dog like that and it ended up on a farm and had to be hand fed. The dog couldn't even walk anymore either and would just lay in it's own waste.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I wonder if her husband told her he put the dog in the car? If he didn't tell her, then it is possible that she wasn't aware of it being in the car. And don't say there's no way she couldn't have known because when my Maxi gets in the truck, he gets on the floor behind the driver's seat and promptly goes to sleep. Never makes another peep til I open the back door to let him out. He's so quite, sometimes while driving, I will reach back and make sure he is there. He's 3 and full of spit and vinegar, but in the truck, he's like a little mouse. Of course, his sister sits on the arm rest in the front with me, so it would be hard to forget about him.

I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt IF her husband didn't tell her he put the dog in the car. If she did know, then there is no excuse whatsoever.

Whether she knew and just forgot or didn't know, she still should have resigned. And if she wouldn't resign, they should have booted her.

Poor dog. I really feel bad for him.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

As a domestic dog it would have survived, deaf and blind. I've seen many deaf and blinds cats that do just fine. Nothing in the article said it couldn't walk.

I'm not against the euthanasia of unhappy/struggling pets, I'm just saying that I don't think this was the case here. I think this pet was probably healthy for the most part, and what happened to it is awful.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

It may be that she did this intentionally. Many people dump their pets when they don't want to deal with them anymore or pay to put them down. Many think the animals are better off and at least have a chance.

This dog was twice as old as the average dog years. Here's one site on the subject and I'm sure you already know anyway.

www.slate.com...

But if the dog and the person are comfortable in this death grip relationship and they can be with them as much as possible than that's their choice. If an animal refuses to eat and drink, than I think it's made it's own choice and not just pleasing it's master till the end.

Maybe that's why some dogs and other pets run away to die and die free?

I think many animals, like dogs, have better souls than many humans. Many may live better lives than their masters and most humans.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
man you people are quick to judge.
jsut because most of you are carnivores and ignroant, dont assume the SPCA = PETA.
i can understand why you dislike PETA, it makes you upset and scared becasue it raises issues your too fragile to come to terms with.
but the SPCA is an orgianzation which is only out to help aniamls being abused. they dont advocate anything other than, not hitting your dog or starving your horse.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join