It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most China organ transplants come from death row

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Most China organ transplants come from death row

[url=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_CHINA_ORGAN_TRANSPLANTS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2009-08-25-22-12-24]hosted.ap.org[/ url]

BEIJING (AP) -- The majority of transplanted organs in China come from executed prisoners, state media reported Wednesday in a rare disclosure about the country's problem of dubious organ donations.

Despite a 2007 regulation barring donations from people who are not related to or emotionally connected to the transplant patient, the China Daily newspaper said 65 percent of organ donations come from death row.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This is just plain creepy. I would not like the idea of having organs in my body that came from a death row inmate. Would it not make you feel kind of guilty that the organs came from some one who was executed for a crime?

I know it is a hard situation to deal with just getting an organ transplant and have the bit of remorse for the person who donated it but I think I would feel dirty getting one this way.

What really raises my curiosity is that they believe you should have all of your organs when you die but yet they are not concerned with having some one elses organ's. That is quite a double standard.

[url=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_CHINA_ORGAN_TRANSPLANTS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2009-08-25-22-12-24]hosted.ap.org[/ url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

This is just plain creepy. I would not like the idea of having organs in my body that came from a death row inmate. Would it not make you feel kind of guilty that the organs came from some one who was executed for a crime?

If you needed a heart transplant and the heart came from a convicted killer I doubt it would concern you. Your main concern would most likely be staying alive for your family and friends.

Ive said before that I think death-row inmates in the United States should be given the option of being put to sleep and having their organs and bodies harvested for scientific research and/or donation.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I remember reading something on ATS a while back about the link between china's death row executions and organs donors.

It seems to me that many many people in China are accused of crimes with little to no evidence and sentenced to death to keep their organ transplant business booming.

Here is a short video of a few cases where people were falsely accused of crimes and given piss poor trials that ended up with them being killed. It also delves into how the organ transplants and executions are linked.

In the video a former defense lawyer who was banned by the Chinese government from practicing said that 99.9% of people accused of crimes that would result in the death penalty are executed.

That lawyer was arrested after giving the interview and has not been seen since... Pretty scary stuff.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by TV_Nation]

top topics

join