It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home prices on the upswing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Home prices on the upswing

money.cnn.com

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- National home prices may be on the road to recovery.

After three years of declines, home prices increased 2.9% in the three months ended June 30, according to the latest S&P/Case-Shiller report. That is the first quarter-over-quarter improvement in three years.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This article acts as if the rising of home prices is a good thing. Well it is not a good thing. The video below shows MSM coverage on the house prices and why higher is bad.

House prices need to fall. Some how the market is being artificially propped up in order to make the house prices rise. All that rising house costs will do is cause another housing bubble just like before. Do people honestly believe that recovery will be in the repetition of past mistakes?

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Correct!

This is price fixing, and not a good thing.
It's just going to make houses on sale for longer and more people who can't afford to move.

Imagine a family lost their jobs but their is too expensive and nobody buys it.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Important factor is that the banks are not foreclosing. I know two dozen people that haven't paid their mortgage in over a year and the bank has taken no action on them. While we might see stabalization of home prices as they are the equivelant to rent payments at the moment, the fact exists that every increase in prices will bring more inventory to the markets which will keep home prices in check for at least the next several years.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The government is doing everything it can to keep people in their homes to stop the foreclosure leaching.

But is not doing anything to stop the job leaching.

This new Home prices upswing is just more propaganda to show that the economy is stabilizing, but we know better.

The only ones stabilizing are the Goldman Sach crocks and the market manipulation thanks to Bernanke and the Fed.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
well, technically -- yes, they are moving up, but not for the right reasons. the reasons they claim are supply demand. and clearly take those checks away and it will continue to decline. And they know this. there is a very limited amount of people who were lucky enough to sell their old house and could not find a new house and the market was heading down, so these are the people that are taking advantage of the free money. but the end result will be the same.

I had another flash or vision or what ever... and this happend inside a Central Florida Court Room the same time the Judge was hear my case. perfect timing to totally disassemble my defense. Oh, well it happend for a reason... and I got the feeling like its not hopeless, but my vision was dire.
this took all of 2 seconds this time and this is what I recall.

Sun Rise, (beginning) the next phase of the destruction of America will revolve around the state and taxes from the state. at which time small revolts will grow more hostile. whole city and county governments will not be able to function. Unemployment will not result in a higher crime rate just the opposite. the state will invent crime to keep the system from collapsing. instead of minor offenses, almost all courts will be of murder\homocide in nature. as the governed turn on the oppressors.
I see explosions, and wholesale slaughter of innocent people. which causes a OFF With Their Heads mentality. Police\deputy sheriffs. Quit.
and then it gets real ugly... like nothing but crime...

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Blatant CNN propaganda......

the REAL data speaks for itself:

Jump in July foreclosures
blogs.moneycentral.msn.com...

Foreclosures rise 7 percent in July from June
www.huffingtonpost.com...

July foreclosures up 93 percent vs year ago
www.reuters.com...

July foreclosures set county record
www.hometownannapolis.com...

What rebound? Foreclosures rise as jobs and income drop
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
First:

The slide may be over partially because prices have reached affordability levels not seen in a generation, drawing many buyers into the market.

If prices were reaching affordability levels, then rising home prices would be a good thing. But...

Helping housing markets, too, is the government economic stimulus effort, which includes an $8,000 first-time homebuyers tax credit. That added discount has spurred many entry-level buyers into homeownership.

Government influence in the housing market only makes temporary bubbles which will quickly burst and send us sliding back down. Like cash for clunkers, this will provide a temporary boost to the market followed by a lull and then slide.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I agree 100 percent that this is propaganda at it's best. If you look at history and see the headlines from the 1930's they look the same as now. This is an attempt at comforting the public so as to instill a false sense of security. It is also an attempt at making the current administration look as shiney as a new coin.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

Exactly and also puts a burden on the tax payers in the nation, the money is not free, is tax money taken away from the taxable income in the nation.

with lost jobs rising that taxable income is becoming harder to collect.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Two dozen???? What bank are they using. I need to refinance with their bank. They must at least be paying the interest on the payments or something. That's crazy.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Markets deal in equilibriums

Dont let any glen beck program what the econ. needs to do, or anything else for that matter

Take the top and bottom, divide it by 2 and add or subtract for inflationary or deflationary environment (use CPI for adjustment) and then come to your conclusion

Everything else is garbage

top topics

join