It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obama whitehouse is protecting the Bush administration. Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Certain liberals and Democrats, and former Democrats like myself are upset about the current Obama administration for not prosecuting the Bush administration officials. When we all first learned about how the Bush administration condoned torture practices, and, authorized them we all felt like they were overriding the constitution.

We've wanted commissions to investigate these torture abuses and other similar things which might have occurred at various locations like Gitmo, and, other places etc. We remember what it was like to see the Gitmo pictures released to the public. We know what happened. While torture is not an uncommon thing in the CIA world of spooks and boogeymen, rarely does an administration go out of its way to authorize its use and endorse it.

Barack Obama has said that he wants to move forward not backward and that is a talking point that the press has repeated several times. The mainstream media wants people to forget that these abuses have occurred. They do give us occasional disclosure of information about what happened in Gitmo, but, then they go on to say that investigating the Bush whitehouse to see all that they did would harm the political will of the country.

How exactly would doing justice to war-mongers and criminal offenders be doing harm to the country? I see no harm in investigating Bush for his abuses in torture, and, a review on his wiretapping program that he had in place, and, for his abuses of the law via executive order that he has made. I also see no harm in investigating Obama for his economic policies. We need to uncover the extent about what his economic policies mean for how much more regulation we will have for our country.

I see nothing wrong with investigating Presidents. I don't think the reason for not wanting to do so is political. I think that they just are protecting them. They don't want to investigate John Yuu. In one case the justice department has backed John Yuu, which is surprising (sp for his name?), because he said he would not condone torture or tolerate it, etc during his campaign so it's silly to back the people you were running against. The only reason why Obama is not investigating Bush is because he wants to protect the Bush white house. He also wants to protect the CIA. What's his goal for wanting to protect them? So what if the public knows about this? Doesn't it make sense for at least people in power to be honest about their mistakes and admit wrong-doing? That's what normal people do. Shouldn't that apply to people in power as well?

Barack Obama seems more and more unwilling to investigate the past and learn from the lessons of history and make hasty generalizations and act like everything is going to be fine... than to tell the truth to the American people and to tell us what's really going on. The Barack Obama who campaigned for Presidency, is, not who the President is. As we already know he has been inconsistent on many of his promises during the campaign. I'm talking about the major ones like with civil liberties, the Iraq war, etc.

But why is he even protecting them? Can someone tell me? Could his mind have been snapped by the globalists, and, could he have realized (in his own mind) that the goals of the new world order are more important to him than to investigating the Bush administration? Why can't we investigate Bush?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Beyond the honeymoon being over, and people realizing Obama BS'd his way on empty promises like hoards of other politicians before him, I think he doesn't prosecute because-

information that could come out. If the presidents are mere puppets for the masses, that

A), couldn't be revealed for the public to see
B). Obama, if a puppet himself, doesn't have that power, regardless that it's what he'd have the public believe.
C). Politicians all seem to have dirt on countless other politicians, and they wouldn't dare call each other out. Imagine, if he tried Bush for war crimes, all the goods Bush has on others that he lets out of the bag, and a domino effect happens... if an assassination isn't had first.

To rest, they're all dirty, and Obama going back on this pledge is one of many he's broken.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by orderedchaos

Yours is an excellent post, imo

The general public just doesn't understand that no incoming government can afford the disruption of implementing a clean-sweep. The new administration has to hit the ground running. And Prime Ministers and Presidents in our Western societies don't have anywhere near the amount of power the public assumes them to have. They're figureheads, basically, used to lead their party to victory.

And while national leaders change, a lot of the public servants (legislators, law enforcement, administration of hundreds of individual departments who supposedly keep the nation running) remain.

Any leader who takes the knife to these cosy little enclaves would find himself destroyed very fast

So it's pretty much accepted that incoming parties will cover for the one exiting the building, as the next incomers will cover their backs in turn.

Political parties play Them and Us, with the 'them' being you and I. And they work on the principle that you and I will be much happier, the less we know

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

My honest belief is that he has been threatened. I think he had every intention of holding the old administration accountable before he gained power, and he quickly realised that this would put him and his family in jeopardy.

Remember that "ill-advised" flyover of NY by a Presidential plane, supposedly for a photo op?

Well, didn't that happen just after he released CIA documents, and just after Cheney criticised him for doing it?

So then you have the Presidential plane flying low over NY, without warning. And then they claim that they "cannot release the photo's" taken during the flight?

That was a warning to Obama that the old administration (or the CIA itself) can do whatever they like if he pursues them in any way. They can even gain control of a Presidential plane.

Right after that, Obama makes a very hurried but very publicly advertised trip to the CIA to thank them.
That was Obama saying "message received".

I do not believe for one second that this President or his staff could make such a bad decision as to fly a jet through NY airspace like that, without warning and without considering the fear that it would cause. It just doesn't make sense.
His entire campaign was one of the most well planned and well managed in the history of your country, full of young, dynamic and modern people. Such a poor decision is just so mind boggling it cannot possibly be a mistake or a poorly planned event.

There was simply no need for it, it didn't make economic, practical, or political sense.

So, that's my theory. One group or another have directly threatened Obama and he's been forced to back off. Of course, a decent president would still pursue it, and in the mean time he'd blow the entire secret wide open. Unfortunately, I don't think Obama is the type of man to do that, he'll follow orders and continue the chaos for the next four years.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Sure, afraid he'd go out in a blaze not much different than JFK.

And your point also reinforces the notion that the president doesn't have the full - or maybe any - real authority to do as he wishes.

It's also a great excuse why he may never get anything accomplished.

IE, he'll do as he's told, no different than any other president before him.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
This is gonna turn things upside down Frank...

Obama could not stop this ball now -

Bush's boyz are in the chit, Obama or not...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Overcomplicated...

All of it...

Obama was for all intents and purposes sort of an outsider, community organizer, very little time in any real office...

Becomes President

Takes his walk with Bush...

Who tells him a simple thing...

The Truth

Obama then says.... "Holy Crap"... This IS allot more serious than I ever imagined... and has to change on half of the things he was thinking about...

Simple

What's the Truth?

I don't know... I'm not the President, but I gather it's actually allot more dangerous world then they let on to... in terms of actual threat potential...

And

Allot of what goes on has reasons they simply don't share or things would fall apart in panic...

That's my honest assumption...

top topics

join