It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Come the Military gets Solar Power?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
How Come the Military gets Solar Power?

Well since I see that they have tremendous power requirements for all the new Laser and other beam weapons they are playing with...

I guess they have massive needs... and there IS a lot of Sun in the desert...

So lets start with the latest and coolest, which may actually be commercially available soon

Hey Sandia dudes... I want a free one for all the 'exposure' I am giving you

New SunCatcher power system unveiled at National Solar Thermal Test Facility

Stirling Energy Systems (SES) and Tessera Solar unveiled last week four newly designed solar power collection dishes at Sandia’s National Solar Thermal Test Facility (NSTTF).

Called SunCatchers™, the new dishes have a refined design that will be used in commercial-scale deployments of the units beginning in 2010.

“The four new dishes are the next-generation model of the original SunCatcher system. Six first-generation SunCatchers built over the past several years at the NSTTF have been producing up to 150KW [kilowatts] of grid-ready electrical power during the day,” says Chuck Andraka (7337), the lead Sandia project engineer. “Every part of the new system has been upgraded to allow for a high rate of production and cost reduction.”

Chuck and Sandia’s concentrating solar-thermal power (CSP) team have been working closely with SES over the past five years to improve the system design and operation.

www.sandia.gov...

So lets go have a look at these on Google Earth shall we?

Laser Power Transmitters or Solar Collectors?

Continued...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Kirtland AFB Solar Array

Known as 'The Stove'

KIRTLAND SOLAR ARRAY

There are five other REALLY Interesting sites on that page you can explore...
, especially the EMP test area

Concentrating Solar Power and Sun Lab
Sandia Labs
www.energylan.sandia.gov...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
For them its cheaper on the budget...for us,they wouldn't make anything from us so why do it publically for the population....I mean seriously,how would they gouge us if that was the case?
Of course I just was stating the obvious.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Nellis AFB Solar Array

On 140 acres of unused Nellis land, 70,000 solar panels await activation as the first third of the solar photovoltaic array gets commissioned Oct. 12 with the other 66 percent of the panels scheduled for activation in the next two months. The solar panels are part of a solar photovoltaic array that will generate 15 megawatts of solar power for the base. (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Nadine Y. Barclay)

www.nellis.af.mil...

Nellis Activates Nation's Largest PV Array

Nellis Air Force Base
PowerTracker®

NELLIS SUNPOWER TRACKER

[edit on 24-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged!

Those solar collectors look very much like what could be used a non-photovoltaic laser power receiver arrays.

At near thirty feet across, 5000 pounds and 150 Kilowatts a piece; each one of these collectors could theoretically power 120 houses (given that One megawatt powers about 800 homes).

Nice find Zorgon.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The government gets the best of everything.
So we love it and live in it.
Except what the Illuminati hide we do OK.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Lol, pixellated dishes! (commenting on the edges of some of them)

Kinda makes me wonder how long TPTB can keep up this guise of the "necessity" of petroleum-based power...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Man , i wish i had the money to build something like that, i have the knowledge but not the cash, damn damn, living off the grid with solar energy would be a life-changer.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Rest assured, that technology will slowly trickle down to the masses. Using it first in a controlled military environment is a perfect way to develop it and further enhance it. Then, the consumers get the older version while the military gets the hi tech version.

Just look at the evolution of GPS.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Or the masses who are the employer group will wake up and oust the mafia lords. Can't wait until they do.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
They get all the cool stuff, no fair

This would be awesome if we all could have easy access to solar power. My old roommate had a solar heated pool and water heater system. He had these panels that lined one side of the back yard. The panels weren't cheap either. I remember a storm knocking some branches on them and him talking about the thousands it would cost to replace the ones that got hit. They worked rather well too, the pool was always quite nice and the hot water lasted longer than a normal water heater

Sadly they won't let us have access to this, they would lose tons of money and they don't like that. Hopefully one day it will happen but I just don't see them allowing it to.

As in them I mean tptb.

new topics

top topics

join