It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLI: I Went To A Town Hall Meeting In Texas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
And no where does it even show the lawyers that are going to be involved with the lawsuits and BS on that end of the spectrum.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
reply to post by mental modulator

You took my words and twisted them wrongly.

I was attempting to do what I do -

I'm sorry if it offended you on a personal level...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eaad10f4b4e3.jpg[/atsimg]

You need a Phd in cartography or quantum mapping to make heads or tails of this mess. What a joke.

If they really wanted free health care...
You enter the hospital or doctors office
Get examined, receive whatever treatment and medicine
Pay nothing, fill out no forms
Walk or wheel out once done
That is free health care, not the jumble of arrows and boxes at the top

Has anyone figured out this thing yet? It looks INTENTIONALLY confusing. I am not saying it won;t be complicated but this? C'MON.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

See my Post from the last page.

Looks to me like a bunch of hooey...and possibly designed by the Insurance Industry, or Pharma, or whoever wants the status quo to remain the same...because they're GREEDY.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by DevilJin

See my Post from the last page.

whoever wants the status quo to remain the same...because they're GREEDY.

WHAT???

The Insurance companies are the ones who will benefit by socializings, THEY MAKE MORE MONEY WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FORCES THEM TO CHARGE LESS AND CONTINUE COVERAGE ON TERMINALLY ILL PATIENTS, think about it!

[edit on 24-8-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

reply to post by warrenb

It is a horrible graph isnt it?

Makes me want to slap the people who came up with it.

Hrmm... Wasn't it a Republican who came up with the graph?

Yeah, I agree with you.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Question for you.

Who wrote the Bill?

It wasn't the Congress. It wasn't the White House.

How come it needs to be all legal language that leaves everything open ended?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

And HH, here is a question for you.

Go to this page, and tell me how you plan to pay for it.

www.usdebtclock.org...

Are you going to write a check for what you owe first?
I do not want to carry your debt. Please pay off what you as a citizen owe before you spend any more.

Right now, each citizen, yes man, women, and child owes the following.
$38,233 of Fed. Debt
$191,833 Unfunded Debt
$230,066 Total per citizen

Until such day, you really have nothing to back up all this crap.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
@ The OP.

MY friend, I applaud you for getting off your butt, and checking out what happens in your local democracy. I wish more people did. Especially here in the UK.

However, there is a problem with your account of things. Your representative sounds like a very good salesman. He knew the potential for hostility would be high, and he knew that annoying his constituents would lose him votes.

So what to do?

Tell them what they want to hear. Who amongst your local countrymen will be able to tell what he is doing in the background? And what he is REALLY supporting? How many people truly search through his voting records?

Believe me, I really hope this guy is for real - I really do. Being from Texas, he stands a higher chance of being honest and upright than most. But there's always the chance that he isn't. Don't believe all you hear and see from only one evidence source. Have a look at his actions from as many sides as you can and try and get a true measure of the man. As it sounds like he 'ticked your boxes' so to speak - and that is a dangerous initial impression to have.

Good luck.

The Para.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Well said, Para. I'm glad that the republicans are making noise. But they didn't START, until people started to read the bill.

Now don't get me wrong, compared to me, Hannity is a liberal, but I have a hard time trusting ANYONE in DC right now.

The republicans keep hoping that we have a short memory as well.

Good post, OP. It is nice to get an inside peek, would like to see a democrat townhall meeting as well. Just to compare.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
reply to post by HunkaHunka

And HH, here is a question for you.

Go to this page, and tell me how you plan to pay for it.

www.usdebtclock.org...

Are you going to write a check for what you owe first?
I do not want to carry your debt. Please pay off what you as a citizen owe before you spend any more.

How much did you pay in taxes last year?

Right now, each citizen, yes man, women, and child owes the following.
$38,233 of Fed. Debt

Oh look at that, I paid almost twice this last year in federal taxes alone... How much did you pay?

$191,833 Unfunded Debt
$230,066 Total per citizen

Until such day, you really have nothing to back up all this crap.

Yes I do.. the fact that I shoulder more burden the backwoods conservatives who ain't got nuthin but still rail about shouldering the debt of others.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Just like that meeting that took place about swine flu and how to manage the general populace.. this too is being broad sided as big as the moon...

Are you all that BLIND that you shoot first and ask questions later.. is this how some individuals think.. or lack there of....

Read the bottom left corner of that "map".. who is the source.. and who is the actual author?

Propaganda at its finest.. you know what.. you all deserve your worst nightmare...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I, for one, am somewhat disappointed with the absence of objectivity and lack of research that went in to this “report.” The chart was “produced” by Kevin Brady-R who is in staunch opposition to the reform bill. That WAS NOT explained in the “story.” The chart is his interpretation of the Healthcare plan and is intentionally complicated, complex, perplexing and misleading.

But these charts--and, more important, the Republicans who use them as propaganda--tend to ignore one inconvenient fact: American health care is already complex. Ridiculously complex. Thanks to decades of haphazard, disorganized growth, it's evolved into a mind-numbing web of institutions, agencies, businesses, and individual actors. And while that may be self-evident to anybody who's ever had to deal with, say, a billing dispute between an insurer and hospital, it's easy to lose sight of that when the discussion is all about what reform might do--rather than what health care would be like without it.

crooksandliars.com...

Bottom line Obama didn't INVENT the system, rather this is what it has EVOLVED into thanks to BOTH parties and a history of bureaucracy.

More background on GOP use of charts to defeat Healthcare reform, a tried and true GOP ploy:

Remember that in 1994, on the Senate floor, Republicans unveiled a flow chart they created, which derided the White House's health-care plan. The chart played a role, certainly, in derailing health reform then.

mediamatters.org...

It seems that Kevin Brady (whose name is the source of chart) knows something about pork. He has over $6 million of solo 'earmarks / pork' himself amidst other legislation. I'd say he knows how to play this game better than most of us do and this is yet ANOTHER case of pot calling kettle black.

www.legistorm.com...

[edit on 24-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

I was attempting to do what I do -

I'm sorry if it offended you on a personal level...

I am not offended, just stating a misunderstanding.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

This "report" is a look at this one town hall meeting. I state quite clearly that I went for the atmosphere and feeling of the audience.

Not the political views of the Congressman.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by j2000

How much did you pay in taxes last year?

Wow! A stick measuring contest!

Anybody that would put out person numbers or even close is either a fool, or completely full of Sh*t.

Op, I am glad to see you active with your Govt.
Hold them accountable!
Do not refer to them as your "Leader". They are your Servant!
Just because they took out the 13th does not give them that right!

[edit on 24-8-2009 by j2000]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

reply to post by kinda kurious

This "report" is a look at this one town hall meeting. I state quite clearly that I went for the atmosphere and feeling of the audience. Not the political views of the Congressman.

Oh sorry, I must have misread this part:

Following the roar of agreement that health care is not for the Federal Government, the Congressman stated that now is not the time for health care reform...I left feeling rather good about my representative in the House. I agreed with his position on almost all his bullet points and so did the crowd.

That's apolitical?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Guess weedwhaker was lost somewhere in the fields and didn't find out that Obama was caught red handed doing deals with BIG PHARMA...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The above comes FROM A LEFT WING WEBSITE....

Not to mention that weedwhacker was probably lost in the fields at the same time that interviews of Obama himself showed that he doesn't give a crap about elder Americans, and he wants the GOVERNMENT to have control over what treatments, surgeries Americans should have, IF they are economically viable, if they are NOT elder Americans, and if they bow down to the party line like weedwhacker and a few others keep doing.

The Obama administration want to make healthcare HARDER, and WORSE, and not better, so part of their job is to make it confusing for Americans. But of course, there will be some people that will deny this as they keep denying the fact that OBAMA himself has stated in interviews exactly what he, and his administration want, and how he doesn't give a HOOT about Elder Americans, or ANY other Americans...

We got videos of the man telling people like weedwhacker that everything which we have been saying about healthcare reform is true, yet people like weedwhacker still deny it EVEN THOUGH IT COMES FROM THE MOUTH OF THE HORSE ITSELF....

We have even threads which state what is in the bill, such as this
Link and still those who keep wanting to bow to the Messiah, President Obama, want to deny it.

These people are in a state of shock, and they will deny the truth no matter how many times they see it.

We even have videos of President Obama promises about healthcare "before", and "after", and from none other than the Huff once again.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

But of course pepople like weedwhacker will continue to deny this, he will dismiss it, even if Obama, the Messiah himself says it right in front of weedwhacker's face.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Compare a flow-chart of the CURRENT system against the flow-chart
that shows what healthcare reform will bring. Both are at this page:
swampland.blogs.time.com...
-CWM

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join