It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New LIFE Photos Of Nazi Germany

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Obama? I mention that because of a propensity by the Right...especially the Right...to speak of him in the same light as Hitler and the Nazis. It struck me that these photos put those comments in their proper perspective

I hope this isn't getting off of the interesting topic at hand, and I am certainly not a subscriber to either the left or the right wings, but most of the "Hitler" propaganda is published by a man named Lyndon LaRouche.

LaRouche is a radical leftist, and typically spouts nothing but unbelievable accusations in all directions. I believe he has run for president as a Labor Party candidate.

Awesome photos though. Truly shows you a country being taken over by a sad man with a cultist following.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
It's the cult of personality. Classic example, same reason people flock to Michael Jackson, Hulk Hogan and Obama. To feel like they are a part of greatness. Hitler was a lot of things, stupid however was not one of them. I often just sit and think about how he came VERY close to taking over the world. Its maddening.

You could also put Ronald Reagan and Jesus Christ on that list!
It was more than the cult of personality, it was extreme Nationalism and the promise of divine destiny that the superior Arayan race would rule the world through military conquest. By the way, rule the world means enslave everyone else and loot their wealth.
Thats why the Obama /Hitler "personality cult" comparison is bogus, Hitler's and Obama's message are vastly different. ( Not aimed at the previous poster, but to those that use that poorly though out comparison in general.)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
It's the cult of personality. Classic example, same reason people flock to Michael Jackson, Hulk Hogan and Obama. To feel like they are a part of greatness. Hitler was a lot of things, stupid however was not one of them. I often just sit and think about how he came VERY close to taking over the world. Its maddening.

You could also put Ronald Reagan and Jesus Christ on that list!
It was more than the cult of personality, it was extreme Nationalism and the promise of divine destiny that the superior Arayan race would rule the world through military conquest. By the way, rule the world means enslave everyone else and loot their wealth.
Thats why the Obama /Hitler "personality cult" comparison is bogus, Hitler's and Obama's message are vastly different. ( Not aimed at the previous poster, but to those that use that poorly though out comparison in general.)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
They REALLY did like plastering the swastika everywhere didnt they, some amazing photos that i havent seen before, great post op.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yeah COncept, they really like showing off those swastikas

When i was 17, i vacationed in POland,a nd got to visit the Auswitch camp. In souther poland one day, we were in a church, an OLD church form the 1600's. I noticed inside the church, thier were swastikas in the painted glass windows. MY g/f at the time i asked her WTF is that about? (she was POlish), and explained to me, that the swastika was used by roman catholics for many many years, prior to Hitler, and it wasnt tipped on its side. Hitler altered it like that. I guess presist and bishops saw the upright swastika as a religous symbol. Hitler took that symbol, altered its angle a little,a nd used it as a religious and propoganda tool, to get others to follow.
That made me re think chuches and the vatican!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Wow I Noticed Those Eagles On Top Of The Flags
Its Probably Just Another One Of Those Borrowed Symbol Things, Positive/Negative Changes. Happens A Lot Throughout History. Or...On The Other Hand Ive Been Hearing Quite A Bit About Republican Nazis?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by excitedwaterkickingritual
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Wow I Noticed Those Eagles On Top Of The Flags
Its Probably Just Another One Of Those Borrowed Symbol Things, Positive/Negative Changes. Happens A Lot Throughout History. Or...On The Other Hand Ive Been Hearing Quite A Bit About Republican Nazis?

Naw...I'm not fond of what seems to be the GOP platform, but it's doing both them and the Eagle as a heraldic symbol a disservice to draw that line.

The Nazi eagle was of a certain Art Deco design...but it is way pre-dated by both the American eagle and the German eagle itself.

self edit:

Originally posted by SantaClaus

Obama? I mention that because of a propensity by the Right...especially the Right...to speak of him in the same light as Hitler and the Nazis. It struck me that these photos put those comments in their proper perspective

....but most of the "Hitler" propaganda is published by a man named Lyndon LaRouche.

And I would also like to concede to the poster that the major source of this line of hooey would appear to be LaRouche...though others are taking that ball and running with it, just the same. Now, back to the issues...

[edit on 24-8-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The Nazi eagle was of a certain Art Deco design...but it is way pre-dated by both the American eagle and the German eagle itself.

Yup, the symbol of an eagle with its head to the side has been used for hundreds of years now, since well before the time of the Nazis.

Eagle (heraldry)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yeah steroimaged...i have the same thought sometimes, what if germany had won? They di have superior weapons! But we had superior numbers and the freedom to act on. Hitler had this thingk NO one shoots unless i tell you too. That was part his downfall, as well as his mentality. WIth 2 fronts going on, he started loosing it, moving armys that were no long existant. Hitler was working on his own stealth bomber! And they were working on an atomic bomb..sweetwater. Thank god their was intelligence back then to sabbotage the sweetwater program. Just imagine, if hitler had listened to Romel. Romel thought the americans would invade at normandy..but the british found some dead guy, hwo looked like some important government guy..put fake invasion documents in a breifcase,a nd set his body afloat. The germans found it and took the bait.
Imagine if it played out different. Tiger and Panzer tanks lined up on the coast of Normandy, ready for the american and british soldiers; ( would have been game over. Not entirely though at least in my mind. Suppose Roosevelt fodled under pressure, and surrnedured to germany. Germany sends whords of nazi troops here to take what theyve won. I really dont think, even at the time in history, americans would have given up. Not the public. We have that revolutionary war freedom in our blood
I gues would have been something like another revolutionary war, but with a cutting edge of modern technology. It kinda woulda been like, i dunno, the movie terminator, in asense. Man fights the xtreme machine. Theyde have machine guns, wede have antying form muskets to rifles, to tommy guns. One thing we were good at in revoolutionary war, was being snipers
Take out the generals, so the rest of the troops are lost in aciton without a commander. keep em guessing and lost. Of course, being a sniper ide imagine, comes with a hefty price.....yuor head, IF caught.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I look at those and I get a chill down my spine. How can any one person gain so much power? no wonder people still study the phenom to this day.

I would never compare Hitler to J.C. How can anyone be so.... I have no word other than.... wrong!!!!! I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't try to exterminate an entire race. Wow, I can't believe I just typed those words, I am truly scared.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
Yup, the symbol of an eagle with its head to the side has been used for hundreds of years now, since well before the time of the Nazis.
Eagle (heraldry)

Do tell...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eabb34392a6d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
would never compare Hitler to J.C. How can anyone be so.... I have no word other than.... wrong!!!!! I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't try to exterminate an entire race. Wow, I can't believe I just typed those words, I am truly scared.

If you are refering to my post, go back and read it again!
I did not compare Jesus to Hitler, I merely pointed out BOTH could be included in a "cult of personality".
BIG huge flaming difference! MONSTER HUGE FLAMING DIFFERENCE!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I noticed a lot of symbols (swastikas and such) , a lot of uniforms (not only military) being used. Leader is always singled out. Also ,even crowd is organized into some geometrical/aesthetic form. Squares/lines. Nothing is left for good old chaos.

And the same approach was taken (actually pre-dating) in USSR. Also organized crowds, lots of flags, picture of leaders in every corner, uniforms... So if there would be a similar regime it would start from those little things. Like now in N.Korea for example. Until i see similar groups marching in the streets of US (or Russian federation,or EU) all the cries about new tyranny are a little off. Maybe it is positive though - it might prevent similar "uniform" world. And maybe those movements are being used by someone to bring this world back.
Anyway - eagle symbol is not hundreds years old. Thousands, actually. Roman eagle is source for German, Russian, American and all the others.
Edit. wrong word.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Well, that may not have been your intention, but I was thrown back from the two being compared in any way. I think there are many other ways to compare the "cult of personality" Can religion just be left out of this one?

To OP, I'm glad you posted that so others can see how easy it is to become one of the sheeple.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It's a firm visual reminder that we cannot let something like this take place in America.
When this many people are listening to one controlling regime - BIG problem.
Now - about the ONE new world order....

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thanks. I love those pictures!

Beautiful pictures! But far from dead!

The human LCD always impresses me

It was a meance back then, and still is today.

From time to time, every time, I see those pictures and videos, I keep asking myself how many thinking people there are in the world really.l

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4hire
Look how happy they all are for not having to think anymore!!

Great! Sign me up! Just follow the leader!

Seriously though, nice find.

Awesome and scary at the same time.

LOL! I am guessing you did not vote for Obama this past November.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It's really quite stupid to compare Obama to Hitler...considering Adolf was a man in power...he was a leader. Meanwhile....the US president is a puppet being told this and that by his administration. He's also not a military genius who's planning to wipe out an ethnic group

The closest thing to Nazi Germany today is North Korea.

But back on topic of the photos: AMAZING.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
yeah WOW!!! they look so damn happy! Look at that smile on adolphs face. sick, isnt it? What REALLY bothers me, is why or how SO many people looked up to him.

"Hope and Change."

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

These photos are an historical document that attest to scale...for the most part, and they ought to serve as a cautionary note as well as a testament to ideology gone most horribly wrong.

Good point. The Nazis are often seen as a symbol of something distinct and abstract. It's like they exist in some otherworldly 'snow-globe' that we can shake up and look at with horror. An image from the past that's untouchable. The uniforms, Swastikas and B&W scenes have disguised the essence of what that period of history represented. It's what's in all of us. It can happen again as easily as last time. The vast majority of participants were the same people as now. Jobs, kids, parents, friends, dreams and record collections. All of them human beings just like us.

These color images bring the past a little closer. Reading the replies, I think you've made your point JC

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join