It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Larry Flynt: Common Sense 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

The American government -- which we once called our government -- has been taken over by Wall Street, the mega-corporations and the super-rich. They are the ones who decide our fate. It is this group of powerful elites, the people President Franklin D. Roosevelt called "economic royalists," who choose our elected officials -- indeed, our very form of government. Both Democrats and Republicans dance to the tune of their corporate masters. In America, corporations do not control the government. In America, corporations are the government.

This was never more obvious than with the Wall Street bailout, whereby the very corporations that caused the collapse of our economy were rewarded with taxpayer dollars. So arrogant, so smug were they that, without a moment's hesitation, they took our money -- yours and mine -- to pay their executives multimillion-dollar bonuses, something they continue doing to this very day. They have no shame. They don't care what you and I think about them. Henry Kissinger refers to us as "useless eaters."

But, you say, we have elected a candidate of change. To which I respond: Do these words of President Obama sound like change?

"A culture of irresponsibility took root, from Wall Street to Washington to Main Street."
There it is. Right there. We are Main Street. We must, according to our president, share the blame. He went on to say: "And a regulatory regime basically crafted in the wake of a 20th-century economic crisis -- the Great Depression -- was overwhelmed by the speed, scope and sophistication of a 21st-century global economy."

This is nonsense.

The reason Wall Street was able to game the system the way it did -- knowing that they would become rich at the expense of the American people (oh, yes, they most certainly knew that) -- was because the financial elite had bribed our legislators to roll back the protections enacted after the Stock Market Crash of 1929.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Read the rest of the article at th elink (above)

Larry makes some great points and regardless of his line of work, knows what he is talking about. Of course most of us on ATS already know all this but it is nice to see this kind of stuff in print.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It's good to hear that some of the wealthy are speaking up on what is going on. Larry Flynt calling out the big time Hustlers.I agree with the national strike holiday. How about September 11th who's in?

[edit on 24-8-2009 by A por uvas]

[edit on 24-8-2009 by A por uvas]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well, IMHO, Larry makes some very good points here, it is a fact that corporations are running America, and the bottom line is all that matters to them. Larry Flint has always been outspoken, and this is most likely why he was targeted. I just wish that all Americans could see this corporate takeover of America for what it is, and do something about it.

new topics

join