It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martha's Vineyard, here comes the Obama family

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I think you do better when you cut and paste stories with links and provide no opinion. Sorry but , it is abundantly clear you have NO CLUE about the devastating economic policies of the Bush era.

Keep playing the old Bush card. If you don't understand my opinion I will give it once again. I think that right now is not the time for the POTUS to be on a luxurious vacation on Martha's Vineyard Island. The country is in bad shape and it shows how Obama feels about the rest of us. It is simply bad form, he has no real class. Think about him on his island vacation the next time your doctor tells you it's six months to get an appointment.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of unemployed was nearly 6.0 million in January 2001 and 6.9 million in September 2006. The unemployment rate was 4.2% in January 2001, 4.6% in September 2006,

Source

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RoofMonkey

I was responding to the OP who falsely claimed that Unemployment was near "Zero."

I provided concrete facts to refute that.

Your data is slightly skewed. First the Dept of Labor does NOT reference any chart or data to make your case. The other nonsense about Container ships and Soros is simply psycho babble.

If in fact Unemployment rate did continue to rise as you so claim without hard data, it would further stand to repudiate the OP's claim that it was at or near zero. Thanks for helping me make my case. Facts ARE facts.

I hope the President and his family enjoy a well deserved vacation. I've vacationed there in the past and the "Black Dog" ha one of the best burgers on the island. With the unimaginable stress and round-the-clock diligence that comes with the title of POTUS so too come the rewards to be enjoyed.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

I was responding to the OP who falsely claimed that Unemployment was near "Zero."

I provided concrete facts to refute that.

Your data is slightly skewed. First the Dept of Labor does NOT reference any chart or data to make your case.

It's called a calendar. Go plot the data and see for yourself.

The other nonsense about Container ships and Soros is simply psycho babble.

Psycho babble??? How do you figure? These are both bona fide news stories. Go look at the container shipping data if you doubt that. The trends speak for themselves... all you have to do is look.

The current crop of hose bags have gone out of their way to prevent the US from using it's own resources and developing our own capacity. Now we are funneling money to a foreign company who has a significant part of it's stock owned by George Soros.

No babble there... those are just the facts.

If in fact Unemployment rate did continue to rise as you so claim without hard data, it would further stand to repudiate the OP's claim that it was at or near zero. Thanks for helping me make my case. Facts ARE facts.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that you didn't go and actually LOOK at the data.

I hope the President and his family enjoy a well deserved vacation. I've vacationed there in the past and the "Black Dog" ha one of the best burgers on the island.

Hope they have a few cases of Grey Poupon or some other Dijon mustard that he is fond of.

In The Audacity of Hope, Barack Obama tells an amusing story about his first tour through downstate Illinois, when he had the audacity to order Dijon mustard on his cheeseburger at a TGI Friday's.

Time

[edit on 25-8-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Here, maybe this will help.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/571dfe215ea6.jpg[/atsimg]

Unemployment (U-3) the Bureau of Labor and Statistics data.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b71a79382c5.jpg[/atsimg]

BTW.. thank you for forcing me to learn how to use the picture functions.

Edit: Fixed the chopped off part of the LA Port Pic.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I do sincerely appreciate your efforts to make your case.

Admittedly, I'm not an expert at statisics, but based on your source link
and with various options ticked, isn't the chart below indicative of the overall increase of unemployment during Bush term? 4.0% at end of 2000 to 5.8% at end of 2008. At any rate nowhere near zero. (Or did I query wrong data? % rate vs. % change etc.)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58213e384172.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks again for the effort. My previous charts have gotten me in trouble.

Glad you got the image embedding happening for ya.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The U-3 is the official "State Sanctioned" unemployment figure. The U-6 is a better indicator of just how bad it really is, but that one is usually open for arguments. The U-3 data goes beck much further than the U-6.

As for what you have plotted, I throw out the annual data and plot by the month. I originally used this in a side by side run compared to the LA ports data in a separate forum. Monthly data also makes it easier to see the effects of events in the news.

During the run up in your data, (2003 peak), remember we were still in the grand freak out of post 9/11. The low of 2006 was after we got our act together with the economy. (FYI- U-3 does not include service members, they fall into the institutionalized populace and don't count towards this data... through they do fall off the available civilian workforce rolls)

The irritating part about this whole thing is that while the job market and employment was kicking arse coming off the 2003 U-3 peak, it got almost no notice by the left.

Now... if you really want to get mad...

The Housing Bubble was Predicted in 2002

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

During Bush's presidency, unemployment climbed from 4.2% in January 2001 to 7.2% in December 2008. Considering population growth, that still represents a 4.6% decrease in employment since Bush took office.

Hmmm, 4.2 minus 4.6 equals a minus .2, virtually zero.

Source

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Funny, any time I've gotten a new job, I had to wait at least a year to accrue any vacation time. How about you guys?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join