Martha's Vineyard, here comes the Obama family

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Martha's Vineyard, here comes the Obama family

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – Hurricane Bill blew out in time for the Obama family to blow in to Martha's Vineyard off the Massachusetts coast for the president's first vacation since taking office.

The National Hurricane Center on early Sunday lifted a tropical storm warning that had included the small island where the first family plans a weeklong break. The hurricane, moving away from the New England coast offshore and closer to Nova Scotia, forced the president to delay his departure from Andrews Air Force Base by a few hours to midafternoon. Still the waves were big on the beaches and lifeguards wa
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbsnews.com
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.bostonherald.com...

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I wonder what the tab is for "Security and White House Staff." Did we also pay for the Plane trip there? I wonder just exactly how much this vacation trip is costing the American tax payer. He could have taken the family to Camp David for a week, or stayed home and shoot some hoops. I don't say that the guy doesn't deserve a vacation, he has been at his job for what 8 months? It's just not the time to be telling 300 million Americans, "Hey, I'm spending more of your cash." I'm just wondering how many millions of dollars we have to fork up for his little trip to Martha's Vineyard.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I was there the summer they filmed "Jaws"

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Yes, a whole eight months must really take it out of someone. I wonder how many have never had a holiday in eight years let alone eight months. When people are losing their homes I don't think he should have gone anywhere at all, as that shows complete disrespect for the people he is supposedly working for. Although we all know they will take everything they can and don't give a fig about anyone else.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneclickaway
Yes, a whole eight months must really take it out of someone. I wonder how many have never had a holiday in eight years let alone eight months. When people are losing their homes I don't think he should have gone anywhere at all, as that shows complete disrespect for the people he is supposedly working for. Although we all know they will take everything they can and don't give a fig about anyone else.

Every president has taken vacations and time off. The biggest gripe people have with it is that it makes the president seem as if he is blowing off the current issues for relaxation because, in some eyes, he has yet to do anything. Given that those issues will always remain - in fact, abortion become an issue again and again with each president -, like the average hard working American, the president also deserves his share of relaxation.

Aside from over-pouring the rhetoric on and on and chanting slogans, yes, I would like to see Obama talk less and do more. Still, put yourself in his shoes and see if you don't demand a break.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

Aside from over-pouring the rhetoric on and on and chanting slogans, yes, I would like to see Obama talk less and do more. Still, put yourself in his shoes and see if you don't demand a break.

Yes, I understand. But, how much is it costing us? The regular people who pay taxes? Martha's Vineyard is one of the most expensive places to visit on the east coast. Couldn't he find something a little less expensive?

Others have slammed him for heading to a Massachusetts resort island known as a haven for the rich and famous.

Source

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

This is the way I see it, he is costing us less money by taking vacations then trying to shove through trillion dollar policies and trying to pass bills that will cause the economy to implode on it self.

It would be cheaper and better for everybody if he just stays on vacation for the rest of his term.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
As opposed to GWB who spent more time then any other president on Vacation,and still managed to put this country in ruin. Ahh to have memory loss like so many on here.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ShiftTrio

As opposed to GWB who spent more time then any other president on Vacation,and still managed to put this country in ruin. Ahh to have memory loss like so many on here.

Somebody always has to drag in old GWB...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I see the tired arguement of W did it has already reared its head.

Everytime an Obama supporter doesn't agree with him the only thing they can think of saying is that W did it worse.

I guess he needs some time off from flying from state to state shoving this health care bill down our throats. He can't be tired from doing anything else because thats the only time we hear from him.

Oh well, atleast we will have a week off from seeing a town hall meeting.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

We all reach sometimes,,, but grasping everything that appears in the diaper
and tossing it only leaves the pitcher with stinky hands.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by mental modulator]

[edit on 24-8-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Yes the sheeple always have to bring in good old Bush. Little do the sheeple know that this crap started with Bush senior and the bulk of the screwing happened with Clinton ... But of coarse the sheeple also don't know our monetary system is a debt based system and it would of happened anyway as soon as everyone had enough debt and had to work to service the debt.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

We all reach sometimes,,, but grasping everything that appears in the diaper and tossing it only leaves the pitcher with stinky hands.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

And you had to Edit it Twice?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Frankly, there are no shortage of people who would love a vacation like the Obama’s are preparing to have — rubbing shoulders with the very rich and famous in our country. But going to stable, prosperous, exclusive Martha’s Vineyard in Cape Cod when so much of the country is suffering high unemployment and financial stress, only serves to emphasize a tone deaf, excessive, and unsympathetic life-style by the Obama Administration. Can you imagine what the benefit of spending brought by the presidential entourage would have on, say, an economically hurting city in Michigan? They have golf courses there too. But the reality is that the Obamas like a good time… on our dime. They have no plans to go slumming. The Obama’s Vacation at Blue Heron Farm, Martha’s Vineyard, promises to be very lovely and very, very expensive.

Source

Apparently Camp David, which would provide quiet family time at a much lower cost for the country, is chopped liver for the Obamas. And that European vacation (cost undisclosed) enjoyed by Michelle and the children doesn’t count — it was way back in June.

Source

How in God's name can any right-thinking voter, DEM. OR REPUB, IT DOESN'T MATTER-think that Obama, who has been flitting from one corner of the country and the earth to another, for the entire 7 months he's been president, somehow "deserves" a vacation, after the European vacation, and the Camp David vacations, and the Grand Canyon vacations-how can ANYONE THINK HE DESERVES ANOTHER VACATION, AND AT A REPUBLICAN TYCOON'S LUXURIOUS ESTATE, HUH? I FIND THIS OUTRAGEOUS! YOU TALK ABOUT A CONFLICT OF INTEREST-POST DO YOUR JOB-MAKE SOME NOISE ABOUT THIS!

Source

Obama has no shame.......millions are suffering, unemployment is at 20% in many cities and just under 10% nation wide and Obama wastes millions on a vacation for himself. How many vacations is this now for Obama and the family? Four? In 6 months........

I finally understand Hope and change. When Obama gets done with us you better Hope you can survive on change.

Source

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal

Frankly, there are no shortage of people who would love a vacation like the Obama’s are preparing to have — rubbing shoulders with the very rich and famous in our country. But going to stable, prosperous, exclusive Martha’s Vineyard in Cape Cod when so much of the country is suffering high unemployment and financial stress, only serves to emphasize a tone deaf, excessive, and unsympathetic life-style by the Obama Administration. Can you imagine what the benefit of spending brought by the presidential entourage would have on, say, an economically hurting city in Michigan? They have golf courses there too. But the reality is that the Obamas like a good time… on our dime. They have no plans to go slumming. The Obama’s Vacation at Blue Heron Farm, Martha’s Vineyard, promises to be very lovely and very, very expensive.

Source

Apparently Camp David, which would provide quiet family time at a much lower cost for the country, is chopped liver for the Obamas. And that European vacation (cost undisclosed) enjoyed by Michelle and the children doesn’t count — it was way back in June.

Source

How in God's name can any right-thinking voter, DEM. OR REPUB, IT DOESN'T MATTER-think that Obama, who has been flitting from one corner of the country and the earth to another, for the entire 7 months he's been president, somehow "deserves" a vacation, after the European vacation, and the Camp David vacations, and the Grand Canyon vacations-how can ANYONE THINK HE DESERVES ANOTHER VACATION, AND AT A REPUBLICAN TYCOON'S LUXURIOUS ESTATE, HUH? I FIND THIS OUTRAGEOUS! YOU TALK ABOUT A CONFLICT OF INTEREST-POST DO YOUR JOB-MAKE SOME NOISE ABOUT THIS!

Source

Obama has no shame.......millions are suffering, unemployment is at 20% in many cities and just under 10% nation wide and Obama wastes millions on a vacation for himself. How many vacations is this now for Obama and the family? Four? In 6 months........

I finally understand Hope and change. When Obama gets done with us you better Hope you can survive on change.

Source

You had to edit a post free of original thought at all?

Your thread has uncovered a truly devious and unprecedented political event

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Edited for spacing, free thought in OP....

The man has Giant Gonads, taking million dollar vacations and lounging on the beach with billionaires, while unemployment is near 10%, The Govt. is trying to ram their health care plan down our throats, prices are sky high, people living on Social Security will not get a cost of living increase, 2 wars are raging and the country in general is going down the crapper...any original thought responses please? Hope you can survive on change.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal

Edited for spacing, free thought in OP....

The man has Giant Gonads, taking million dollar vacations and lounging on the beach with billionaires, while unemployment is near 10%, The Govt. is trying to ram their health care plan down our throats, prices are sky high, people living on Social Security will not get a cost of living increase, 2 wars are raging and the country in general is going down the crapper...any original thought responses please? Hope you can survive on change.

Well that is what the king of EARTH does now isn't it? I take issue with fact that you
sell this as unprecedented, when in fact it is the norm. The man has his finger on the trigger, so I'd expect he has enough "seniority" to pick his own hours.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

They are paying for the place themselves, and the bill is footed for flight and security.which is the way it has been for every president.

Good heavens the flaming is getting predictable. When I finally saw the thread I thought, what took so long?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

And someone is always ragging on Obama. What's your point.

And there are plenty of American's still taking vacations.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

And someone is always ragging on Obama. What's your point. And there are plenty of American's still taking vacations.

My point is that this country is in bad shape. This is the worse possible time for him to be taking a vacation, while we are all supposed to "tighten our belts."

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Well that is what the king of EARTH does now isn't it? I take issue with fact that you sell this as unprecedented, when in fact it is the norm. The man has his finger on the trigger, so I'd expect he has enough "seniority" to pick his own hours.

It is in fact not the norm. The country hasn't been in this bad of a shape since the great depression. No time for vacations while everyone else tries to scrape by...very bad form, I don't think Mr. Obama will be a two term President.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join