It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First UK swine flu vaccine trial begins as ministers plan immunisation in all schools

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I found this article and it say in UK swineFlu could end up as School vaccination programe.
It is talk about this in Norway too, but when the politicians talk, it usauly means it is going to happen...

First UK swine flu vaccine trial begins as ministers plan immunisation in all schools
The country's first swine flu vaccine trial is being carried out, just as ministers are considering immunising every schoolchild against the virus.

Some 175 people have enrolled in the trials at the Leicester Royal Infirmary (LRI).
Results of the trial, which is testing different doses of the vaccine, may be available in four to six weeks time, a statement from the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust confirmed.
As part of the tests, led by Dr Iain Stephenson, consultant in infectious diseases at the LRI and a clinical senior lecturer at Leicester University, volunteers receive two shots of the vaccine and their blood will be tested to show their levels of immunity.

The trial will also establish how far apart the dose needs to be given.
Dr Stephenson said there was nothing experimental about the vaccine as it was produced in the same way as the seasonal flu vaccine.
'It is only the 'swine flu' part that is different,' he told the Leicester Mercury.

'It is almost certain two doses of vaccine will be needed.

~ snip ~

But a spokesman for the Department for Children, Schools and Families confirmed the proposals were being considered.
'All options are being considered,' he said. 'Schools have been used in the past for vaccination.'
The spokesman added that using schools would be a 'logical' way of giving vaccinations, if necessary.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Posted a thread on this yesterday, don't think anyone really cares lol.

Link

(edit: forgot link)

[edit on 23/8/09 by refuse_orders]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by refuse_orders
Posted a thread on this yesterday, don't think anyone really cares lol.

Link

(edit: forgot link)

[edit on 23/8/09 by refuse_orders]

looks that way .
I suck down all I can on this subject, since I have 4 kids, and this talk about 'giving' my kids this brain poisons at gunpoint is getting to me !

It is not GunPoint, but I fear that my kids will come home from school one day and complain that had to take the shots..

new topics

join