It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Intensifies Plans For Global Military Supremacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Edit: Title too long.

Pentagon Intensifies Plans For Global Military Supremacy: U.S., NATO Could Deploy Mobile Missiles Launchers To Europe

From August 17-20 the annual U.S. Space and Missile Defense Conference was conducted in Huntsville, Alabama, which hosts the headquarters of the Pentagon's Missile Defense Agency (MDA). Among the over 2,000 participants were the Missile Defense Agency's new director, Army Lt. Gen. Patrick O'Reilly, the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. James Cartwright, commander of the Space and Missile Defense Command/Army Forces Strategic Command Army Lt. Gen. Kevin Campbell and NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Administrator Charles Bolden Jr. There were also 230 exhibitors present, among them the nation's major arms manufacturers with an emphasis on those weapons companies specializing in global missile shield and space war projects. The presence of the head of NASA indicated that the distinction between the military and civilian uses of space is rapidly disappearing. As the Bloomberg news agency reported on the second day of this year, "President-elect Barack Obama will probably tear down long-standing barriers between the U.S.’s civilian and military space programs to speed up a mission to the moon amid the prospect of a new space race with China" and "Obama’s transition team is considering a collaboration between the Defense Department and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration...." [1] The recently appointed NASA chief, Bolden, is a retired Marine Corps general.
47,500-Pound Missile Launcher Headed To NATO Bases In Europe?
More Here

I don't know how reliable the source is I've never even heard of Rick Rozoff before, but if true, I don't know about you, to me this seems like a bad idea. Here goes the OWG at it's best. It will only end in tears as per usual, why don't they all just chill the f@*% out and stop escalating things all the time? Are they that paranoid that they have to send missile launchers around the globe? What ever happened to the talks about joint disarmament and the peace process?

[edit on 22-8-2009 by deadoralive]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The Pentagon's job is to make sure that the United States of America has the strongest force on Earth.

Peace through strength!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well, that sort of makes sense, doesn't it? I really wouldn't be too impressed with a Department of Defence which told me, "Hey, we're striving to be the 8th best military out there!!"

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I was gonna goof on the tite too. Intensifying plans?lol. Anyway, there is osme notable news in there about a possible space race with China and what Obama's stance will be about military and nasa space missions get even cuddlier? Not my beat but still important things to think about. thanks

top topics

join