It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal aid for college running out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hi, Just wanted to share with the members of ats about my current situation.

I am a college student this is close to the end of my second year. I got 2 more semesters to transfer to a university.

currently I always been getting federal aid for college. Now I applied for fall semester and I am getting the run around.

I already applied and now they want me to apply again. Then today I just got a letter that I quailify for federal aid. Then their was another letter in the mail that explained that the Michigan which is the state I am in. Has a economic crises. It states that you may or may not get federal aid due to high volume of applicants. They said some candidates will have to agree to doing some volenteer work for the communtiy.

The letter states clearly that they don't have enough funds for everyone and will determine who gets it by who will agree to do volenteer work. My friends are experiencing the same thing at the univeristy.

The reason I shared this with you is that this is some proof that we are not out of a recession. I hear currently some people on tv talking about we are out of a recession or we stabalized the economy and it won't get worse anymore. Then I heard the stock market is doing good. Yet in my home state we got huge economic problems.

I saw on the local paper where county morgs or overcrowded because people can't afford to burry their family memebers so they leave them in the county morg in the freezers.

These stories scare the heck out of me. I hear more and more of a possible economic collapse where the dollar is worthless.

I heard on the news yesterday that obama might put a hold on the socializing medicine. They said that obama will be focusing on the defficate of our country and people in the white house are nervious for the month of sep. They think the country may go broke if nothing happens to prevent it from being broke.

I would like to hear what you think about our situation? Do you think something big may happen in sep?

Did anyone else hear about obama focusing on the defficate? this was on cnn,fox, and bbc.

It wasn't a big segment story. It was a briefly statement. It could be rumors but I notice a big panic in michigan. I can feel the atmosphere of panic coming. Alot of people are upset, and I notice a increase in crime. I live in the outskirts of detroit. We never had huge amout of crime. Usally just traffic crimes . So far where I live we got a increase in gang violent crimes and so far 2 shootings that worked at a place and got laid off they decided to walk in on a friday morning and shoot up the place. So we got a huge increase in crime and crime types. Lots of people from detroit are moving out of detroit into our outskirt suburbs.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You can thank Obama for giving all our money away. The nation is grinding to a halt anyways and it’s not all Obama's fault. But he isn't helping by throwing out more anchors.
Our Entire Country is built and maintained by the middle class. We are the economy. All these rich people don’t count because they pay very little taxes. There is only one way to fix this. Tax everyone equally and no more tax breaks. You Earn it, 10% goes to the government. No matter who you are.
7th line

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Darkice19]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I got my federal aid, loan is coming. Everything ran smoothly.

Except for when I didn't accept the money... lol, I did when it was too late, but they decided to go ahead anyways, since everything was all good besides me clicking a button.

I have found really no problems with anything.

I'm in Texas though, so that may be something. I don't know, seems all is pretty well.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
PA halted payment for people who qualified for state grants because we (Pennsylvania) still do not have a state budget plan even though the old one expired almost a month ago. Even if they reach a budget, I still don't think they are going to pay out. I know many who had to scramble at the last minute and grab up more loans because they really couldn't afford to attend without that money. (I am attending community college this semester to save some money and was supposed to get a few hundred in state aid, which would have been nice, but now that isn't happening.
I'm pretty sure federal aid is still being paid, although the way things are going I don't see that lasting too long either.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by compwiz32190]

[edit on 23-8-2009 by compwiz32190]

new topics

top topics

join