It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Visitors Have Wreaked Havoc With Human Civilization For Millenia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The more research I do into the subject of ancient astronauts, the more convinced I am that something did indeed occur. The details of that particular argument are outwith the scope of this post. However, the implications of such visits - if we assume that they occured - are staggering......

Take religion. It is not outlandish to assume that religion began purely in response to these visits from ancient astronauts. If so, then there is a direct link with these visitors, and all the brutality that has been done in the name of religion throughout our history. No extraterrestrial visitors = no religion = no religious wars and violence mistakenly perpetrated in the name of god.

On another level, there is a fundamental belief that 'we as humans must be prepared to endure our hardship on earth - we will learn from this process and be rewarded in the afterlife.' Again, if religion is false and was started merely due to our ancestors' ignorance and primitive attempts to understand our visitors presence, technology and abilities, then it has shaped the entire psychology and philosophy of our race. As a direct result of this visit millenia ago, we do not as individuals exist for today, but are willing to undergo all kinds of misery, hardship and inequality - in the expectation of being rewarded after we die. This flawed and destructive belief system could be directly attributed to our struggles with interpreting the meaning of these visits in our ancient past.

When are we going to stop discussing WHETHER these visits occurred, but the consequences that we are still having to deal with as a direct result?

John

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Flagged for an excellent post. This very thought is always on my mind, and the writing is on the wall for anyone who wishes to read it. Humanity has been messed with, and on a genetic and molecular level too, we would not be the humans we are today with out this, but! perhaps we would be better off with out it. I will fully agree that religion was started and maintained by aliens, and I also have come to believe that aliens either invented the matrix we live in, or figured out how to restart it, one or the other.

That being said, I figure these aliens, most especially the Annunnaki, owe us human big time. They are the ones at fault, it was them who taught mankind how to build weapons and kill each other, it was they who taught mankind to dig for the gold that still mesmerises man to this day. So I say, when Planet X/Nibiru gets here, we of the human race need to have some words with these fake Gods, and we need to demand repatriations from them.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
But suppose the visitors are the ones who put us here in the first place?

Suppose they planted the garden and come back to tend to it once in awhile?

Do you really believe life was an accident?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Millions

Suppose the Arcturan garbage route just happened to accidentally spill some trash here on Earth, then we simply evolved from that.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jameslewin

Ha, Ha! I like that one! Fits too, for some. I do not really think intelligent life here was any sort of "accident" at all, there must have been some kind of intelligent design somewhere along the line. For the record, I do not believe that I was made of spit and the breath of Yahweh, no matter how many Bible people try to tell me that and make me accept it. I view planet Earth, Terra Firma, as a science project of beings I know not. Perahaps they do come back on occasion to check up on their "pets."

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jameslewin

My eyes are opened!! No wonder we can't get control over our garbage problems on earth, we're programed to create it! It's in our DNA!! OH NOOO!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well....... I think the 'we were created by aliens' argument is slightly different to what am I trying to figure out.

What I am speculating is that mankind evolved independently on Earth, but were visited at an early stage in their development by these aliens. This visit then shaped EVERYTHING - absolutely everything - about how we, as a race - perceive the world.

For me, this visit was the beginning of our belief in god and in religion - and therefore our flawed understanding of our place in the universe.

If we hadn't been visited, we would have no concept of god. Religions would not exist. We wouldn't live in misery and poverty in the hope that we would be rewarded 'in the next world.'

In short, these alien visitors really screwed everything up for us!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There are tons of theories regarding the evolution or creation of modern day man. Some (like zecharia sitchin) say the sumerians spoke of Astronauts who infused their DNA with early hominids to create the first Cro-magnons. The literal Adam and Eve.

We have the bible and alot of other "Religious" texts that say God or some being created us

We have the Holographic Universe theory that says we are all but one consciousness and that as individuals who share this consciousness, we have the ability to manipulate reality at the sub molecular level with just our thoughts. This would seem to SOMEWHAT coincide with The observer effect in quantum mechanics.

Alot of people including myself have taken up the theory that IF this reality is real, then the magickal observations made by our ancestors were merely misinterpretations on THEIR part because of their lack of understanding. Because of this huge misconception, we got the catholic church and the new Corporate States of America who feed on peoples fear of death and gain power from it.

Truth be told. We have no freakin idea why or how we are here. Physics has determined that existence in itself should not even happen...yet here we are

yep

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

top topics

join