It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The BBC Synchronise Movie Themes relating to Political News Events?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The BBC Synchronise Hollywood Movies relating to Political News Events.
We all know about the Lockerbie bombing of the plane back in 1988 Scotland and the release of the suspect is back in Libya, the BBC a day later shows the movie War of The World by Steven Spielberg.

So what is the connection? Well in the movie if you remember you have Tom Cruise and the kids in a house and they hide in the basement, then what happens next is that a Plane crashes and destroys the house but they get away. As you know the Lockerbie disaster landed on houses too, so the connection is how come the BBC decided to put on such a visualising movie in which the people can horribly relate to some of the scenes especially since the controversial release of the prisoner?

You may not see it as much about nothing but there has been countless times where the BBC puts on movies that relate in similar scenes or story to actual real life news events. They seem to synchronize such movies quite often; they are either coincidence or maybe their bad luck of not seeing the sensitive side on days close to emotionally charged political stories.

I am wondering what this is all about, is it just my imagination or provocation? It just seems if a Tsunami hits the UK the next day they will put on The Day After Tommorow or something, what do you think?

[edit on 21-8-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

The BBC must be psychic then.

Because the Radio Times delivered to my home on 11th Aug gave tonights movie as War of the Worlds. And if you factor in printing, posting etc they must have a lead time for compilation of tv listings of at least 2 weeks.

It's a coincidence.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have also seen this but I could recall a more specific instance of this. Over the course of a few days when the Gary McKinnon case had featured prominently in the news they repeatedly showed a film on BBC 4 I think about a teenager with Asperger's syndrome who hacks into the Pentagon computer systems. I regret not being able to name the film nor find it due to the large number of Gary McKinnon search results that come up when attempting to find out.

I personally think that this case is possibly them working the programming to correspond with the news whereas your case could be chalked up to coincidence and you have made a somewhat obscure link in my opinion.

[edit on 21/8/09 by BePrepared]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I have made an obscue opinion that was the point, just to see if others have seen these patterns, I think that there was some other movie on when Obama was elected that was in the mindset of the events in the news. Then again if you have a story that you know in weeks in advance like an election or a release of a prisoner then you could if you wanted to add a movie with similar themes and sugestions in.

Don't rule out synchronicity either as that happens often, maybe its something that happens with age, as we grow older we add similarities to things but its just simple maths that similar things in life happen and the more aware you are the more you will notice these things. But since the universe and life around us is big, who says there is not bound to be these patterns?

[edit on 21-8-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Some TV channels definitely do this. A local station around here started showing Blazing Saddles once every few nights right after the election - I'm assuming this was planned in advance though.

But I think there's a lot of room for coincidence considering how many movies the average network channel shows in any given week.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Its good that I made this thread so in future if any more sychronicities happen I can update the latest connection. Even if its done on purpose without giving thought of the consequences or appropriate sensativity it could I feel upset some people. They cut out a scene in th first Spiderman movie due to having the twin towers in them.

top topics

join