It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhasystem's laundry list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't think I ever introduced myself to the board in all these years that I spent here, so might as well do it now. I feel motivated to do so because in discussions that oftentimes become heated I was called a liberal and a right wing nut. So as to reduce ignorance (my own and all those involved), I decided to create a bullet list of things that characterize me, and thus maybe get a better chance of being understood. So, here we go:

1) I am a legal immigrant
2) I'm firmly against illegal immigration in any form or shape
3) I like target practice and guns in general
4) I think that although legal in many jurisdictions, assault type weapons do not belong in public gatherings
5) I have a PhD in physics
6) Due to my background, I don't believe in free energy, perpetual motion etc. That includes running cars on water.
7) I'm skeptical about UFO's but always examine evidence if it's available
8) I believe that climate change is partially due to mankind, and that overpopulation will lead to major crises
9) I also believe that there are reasonable ways to counter the climate change
10) I think that invasion of Iraq is the single biggest mistake in the US foreign policy ever
11) I think that Obama is a smooth talker and in some cases there is more form than substance
12) I think that Bush's regime has been extremely destructive for our country and too many Americans became sheeple who allowed this to happen
13) I think that certain drugs should be decriminalized
14) I believe in death penalty under certain conditions
15) I believe in equality
16) I don't believe in affirmative action
17) I think that Sarah Palin is a joke
18) I believe in Universal Health Care

Everybody have a nice day!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
welcome to the forums

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I would have to agree with you on almost all of your points, minus #6.

You just can't leave an idea like that out of your mind, how else will we create it if we consider it impossible?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
1) I am a legal immigrant

Welcome.

2) I'm firmly against illegal immigration in any form or shape

Good.

3) I like target practice and guns in general

Alright.

4) I think that although legal in many jurisdictions, assault type weapons do not belong in public gatherings

You may have a point.

5) I have a PhD in physics

Good.

6) Due to my background, I don't believe in free energy, perpetual motion etc. That includes running cars on water.

But maybe someday....?

7) I'm skeptical about UFO's but always examine evidence if it's available

Good. A moderate.

8) I believe that climate change is partially due to mankind

Its not. Its a natural occurence every few thousand years.

and that overpopulation will lead to major crises

It will.

9) I also believe that there are reasonable ways to counter the climate change

Nope. Cosmic causes, not human causes. It will go away again in a few decades.

10) I think that invasion of Iraq is the single biggest mistake in the US foreign policy ever

I think the reasons given for going there were a mistake.

11) I think that Obama is a smooth talker and in some cases there is more form than substance

We`ll see.

12) I think that Bush's regime has been extremely destructive for our country and too many Americans became sheeple who allowed this to happen

In long term not necessarily. He`s spot on about jihadist-extremism.

13) I think that certain drugs should be decriminalized

Yes. The "War on Drugs" is a failure.

14) I believe in death penalty under certain conditions

Not sure about that.

15) I believe in equality

I dont. I believe in equal rights.

16) I don't believe in affirmative action

Me neither.

17) I think that Sarah Palin is a joke

At least she's good looking.

18) I believe in Universal Health Care

Could work if based more on proven European Models.

Everybody have a nice day!

You too

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Skyfloating]

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ansiroth
I would have to agree with you on almost all of your points, minus #6.

You just can't leave an idea like that out of your mind, how else will we create it if we consider it impossible?

If conservation of energy is not a precise law, we may have a chance to detect such deviation in physics experiments, under controlled conditions, and have results published in refereed journals for everybody to see. If somebody comes with a jug of water and says that he'll drive 100 miles on it, I'll pass.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Belated Welcome!

We have a lot of common views!

Well, I'll jump on the free energy topic since it is hot so far, lol!

It does not violate any laws if you expand your system to include the Solar System, or the Galaxy, or the Universe.

I have seen research that creates a measurable force in a lab. Imagine the negligible reaction the universe would have in response to moving a ton or two over a small distance. Equal and opposite reaction of the universe or even Solar System would be statistically insignificant thus giving "free" energy!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
1) i think many people are stuck in their paradigm
2) i think the most of the sheeple is not able of free thinking,
3) i think the sheeple repeat the propaganda they've been exposed to massively (yes like those talking birds)
4) i think the sheeple believe their opinion is the result of their critical thinking and their accurate perceptions
5) i think the sheeple is very proud of his analytical skills

i wish the sheeple would wake up instead, it'd made a less boring day.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is an awesome thread. Power to you! Always remember if you want a vacation away from smog and Americanism. Give Canada a try! lols. We are your bigger do-gooder cousin that listened to mother. Mother being England lolol

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thought I'd add a few things:

19) I do believe that cigarettes and alcohol should be heavily taxed
20) Ditto sugar-based carbonated drinks

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I applaud 19 and 20 as well as a few others, but being a physicist, how can you turn a blind eye to "free energy" or perpetual motion??

theres a chance

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I dont condone death penalty
but agree that sarah was a joke that mc cain pulled,
his navy type of humour

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Welcome. Looks like you posted alot about your beliefs and background. You look very level headed and educated, which is always a welcome sight. I agree mostly with everything you say. I feel perpetual motion rather impossible based on the observed rules of the universe. I think any perpetual motion machine, if true, is getting its energy from an outside system like gravity, background radiation and electricy, things like that. I am an armchair physicist though, and I only know what I do from trying desperately to understand what people like you explain, combined with my own personal experiences.

top topics

join