It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assistance requested deciphering a new 'visitor' at my house

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
(Sorry Mods, I posted this originally in the wrong forum. Please keep this one here)

Before I start, please look at my history here. I am not some harpy on here posting nonsensical threads and making a lot of noise. This is legit.

I, and my family, are completely open to ghosts, spirits, and the like. Our house is currently inhabited by the spirit of a child. Everyone that comes over for the evening sees her (we're pretty sure it's a 'her'...) and they always say "I think your daughter is up - I just saw her in the hallway...". Of course, an investigation will reveal that our 4 year old daughter is in-fact sleeping soundly in her bed.

We've accepted her as part of our house as she is completely benign. Also - the house itself feels non-threatening to even the most receptive of people.

Recently, something has changed and this is the source of my question.

4 or 5 months ago, I was plagued by nightmares. I've been someone that has them on a somewhat regular basis, so this was nothing new. However, what was new was that I had developed a habit of attacking something as I slept - and these attacks were acted out in my sleep. Meaning I awoke mid-swing as I was going to punch something. I knocked over lamps, hammered on the nightstand a few times, and nearly destroyed my alarm clock. This got to the point that I took to sleeping in the guestroom for a while out of fear of knocking my wife. Eventually, whatever I was battling stopped visiting me.

About 8 weeks ago, my wife woke up in the middle of the night - directly out of sleep and yelled at, and swung at, something she saw. This object was like a large raindrop - a huge one - and a shimmery-silver color. It was "hanging" from the ceiling in our bedroom and directly above me as I slept. When she awoke and lashed out at it, she said it almost instantly retreated back into the ceiling and vanished.

I thought little of this. My wife is very receptive and open - she's a redhead - and I've always told her that she's got gifts she is unaware of.

Fast forward to last week.

I was sleeping in the guest room as our newborn daughter is up many times a night and I needed to sleep for an early workday the next day. This time, I woke up directly from a deep, dream-filled sleep and yelled at, and swung at, a large, shimmering raindrop like thing above me. In an instant, before I was fully awake - it was gone.

Neither my wife or I can figure this out - and I've been able to find nothing online that would assist in deciphering the mystery. So here I am.

Any input?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Not a huge amount to add other than I've had similar.

When we were first married Mrs. Frogs and I rented a house. It seemed to have the ghost of the old lady that lived there once and her sister in it.

I would sometimes see her standing at the window in the morning when I'd open my eyes - and then she would fade away. Also, lights and the TV would sometimes come on in the middle of the night and the doorbell ring in the middle of the night too.

But outside of that nothing really that bugged. I even said a once out loud, "Look - if want to watch TV just keep the sound down!" After that I'd sometimes wake to the TV on - but the volume really low. So, I just kind of accepted they were there.

Anyway, when living there I would fight things in my sleep sometimes too. I never did get a clear picture of what I was fighting..just something. Thankfully Mrs. Frogs and I worked different shifts then. I'd wake up with the pillows thrown across the room, lamp knocked over, etc. It didn't happen all the time, but it did happen every so often while we lived there. It stopped when we moved out.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
As long as the spirit is not harmful, welcome the company. Do you have any animals? How do they act?

When my fiance and I first bought our house it was a quaint little bungalow just over 700 sq feet. We each had a cat and she adopted a little 1 yr old form her sister. We prepared the little ones room and one day painted it bright pink.

That very night tshtf. The spirit that lived in the house got agitated. It would turn on her lights in the middle of the night. This was an old house and the lights were the pull string type. There was no possible explanation as to how these lights would come on. The girl was only 1 and would have to move a chair and climb up to pull the cord. No way it was possible. Our two cats from that point on refused to go into that room.

Our little girl developed a series of night terrors from that point on. She would wake up screaming and being 1 had no way of explaining what was going on. Other times we would be in the kitchen and the house would make creaking noises. I pounded back and the creak would actually answer. Very creepy.

Once our little one was 2 she would tell us of her friend "Tommy" who visited her. We know nobody named Tom or Tommy or any other similar names. My mom was intrigued once I told her of these events and did a title search on the house. Turns out there was a Toimi who owned the house and died here sometime in the 60's.

Now she sees an old lady on her bed who "wont let her sleep". We have a stainless steel fridge in the kitchen which is at the end of the hallway. I see reflections in the fridge out of the corner of my eye from the living room all the time.

Basically what I am saying is that as long as no one is harmed, there isnt much you can do. Maybe try communicating with this spirit. Try leaving a recorder on in and empty room and listen for EVP (electronic voice phenomena) Also try leaving a webcam on in a room recording. I had some shots of orbs when I did that and didnt think anything of it. Thought they were artifacts like jpeg distortion. So I deleted them.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrike071
This object was like a large raindrop - a huge one - and a shimmery-silver color. It was "hanging" from the ceiling in our bedroom and directly above me as I slept.

Sounds to me like what's called 'ectoplasm' and is often associated with ghostly phenomena. I know it sounds like Victorian hooey, but I believe I've seen it myself.

My thought is to consult a witch...a hereditary one, not some Goth with a candle...and ask him/her to cleanse the household...or at very least to get a handle on what's happening.

I say all this as a very practical individual, and not a flake. Well, not much.

Check back with us, please, and good luck.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
As for the little girl... If your wife is as you say, then it is not far fetched to think your daughter is too. I would say it is your daughter. Her astral self.

As for the dew drop, I am curious what emotion you are feeling when you wake up yelling and swinging. Fear, anger, shoo fly dont bother me, what the hell???

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hi. What you report is a well-known sleep disorder. Here's some information to get you started. It is the kind of thing that you might consider discussing with a healthcare provider, rather than relying exclusively on web resources.

www.emedicinehealth.com...
www.mayoclinic.org...

Perhaps if you were able to manage the sleep disorder, then you would be in a better position to assess what role, if any, the little girl whom people see in the house might play in this. But given how common the sleep disorder is, she is not necessarily any part of it at all.

Hope that helps. Best of luck with this.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sounds like manifestations of emotional trauma. Best to find a way to comfort your dreams.

I don't get nightmares, yet I sometimes get hard core drama experiences. I'm usually in a somewhat lucent state in my dreams, however.

One reason we have dreams is to let the brain archive memories to its long-term memory and further into the mind. REM sleep is easy to understand when that happens, as the brain sometimes randomly fires neurons, which causes the random events in the dreams. Much of those events or how they play out in the dream are usually related to events that we have already experienced while we are awake rather we are conscious or unconscious to the events we experienced.

You might not have been conscious to someone's conversation nearby, yet your brain heard and recorded their conversation unconsciously. They might have talked about a big raindrop, for example.

There isn't any indication you given that your experience is something more paranormal than emotional trauma. Try some simple relaxation and meditation steps before you go to bed, like incense and oils.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Huh yeh...because everything I have ever experienced is emotional trauma.....

Absolutely not - you stare into the huge blackness of something not very nice that you can smell, touch, feel, taste and sense everywhere...and tell me it's a manifestation of freudian myth.

When I know someone is about to die..thats emotional trauma...when I get a premonition....that's emotional trauma....

When I meet someone who is no longer alive...that's emotional trauma?!!!!

I hold a high position in business. I am a rational, functioning human being. I succeed.

I am sane. I have had little trauma...but I sense things and see things.

Sometimes pseudoscience and psychobabble just dont freakin' cut it.

Sometimes you need instinct and your sense of what is not explainable to get through

what you are dealing with is not rational and does not conform to any rules we truly understand

dont let anyone put you down

you're sane and you are experiencing this.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chillpill
Huh yeh...because everything I have ever experienced is emotional trauma.....

Excuse me, yet where did you find it claimed that 'everything [you] have experienced', as being said that way? That wasn't said at all. What was said was specific to the experiences that the OP brought up in this thread. To assume more and even to go on like you did was a bit rude, like you tried to twist my words of what I said, intentionally or unintentionally.

you're sane and you are experiencing this.

And, some of us realize (by sense, smell, touch, feel, etc) when paranormal events are caused by emotional trauma and when it goes beyond. To assume that emotional trauma doesn't play a role at all isn't rational, and note that Freudian wasn't even cited. Yes, the experience is real. Maybe read some of my posts about Dark Matter to understand a little more, yet that is another thread. As real as the experience, one still needs to be able to rationalize what they experience. Some of us understand the causes... and speak from experience of the paranormal.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

Please dont talk down to me.

love and light!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chillpill

Please dont talk down to me.

Of course.

Just needed to make sure we can balance these things. Had to point it out, as I'm sure as much as you felt.

Peace & Love xoxo

[edit on 21-8-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
thats very strange,i really hope it was just a sleep paralysis or something,but if ur wife saw it too when u were sleeping above you then wow...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

woops.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by heyo]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits
Hi. What you report is a well-known sleep disorder.

Perhaps if you were able to manage the sleep disorder, then you would be in a better position to assess what role, if any, the little girl whom people see in the house might play in this. But given how common the sleep disorder is, she is not necessarily any part of it at all.

Hope that helps. Best of luck with this.

I appreciate your input. However, my wife has also had the same experience as I so that nullifies the sleep-disorder theory.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas
Sounds like manifestations of emotional trauma. Best to find a way to comfort your dreams.

Again - I appreciate your input. However, keep in-mind that my wife has seen the same thing.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrike071

Originally posted by dzonatas

Again - I appreciate your input. However, keep in-mind that my wife has seen the same thing.

That point was certainly considered, so if you thought that it wasn't than this is to reassure you that two or more people can have the same experience.

Here is a post that explains the effects of Dark Matter, yet such effects weren't mentioned here in this thread.

"Is there a common shape?" (posted in the thread about sleep paralysis and descriptions of what is seen)

I've read other people's experiences, like where four people even attacked what they experienced at the same time in order to stop it. In attempt to avoid those details being written here, they left almost no evidence to suggest that they didn't have the same experience. Their experience continued until one got dragged into a shower.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
wow, i believe you. that has never happened to me, but just before i go to sleep sometimes i hear a noise that sounds like someone hit the wall. also one time my girlfriend woke me up and said what is that. to make a long story short. i saw a ball of light in front of the t.v set and when i went to touch it it faded thru the wall. weird aye.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I appreciate your input. However, my wife has also had the same experience as I so that nullifies the sleep-disorder theory.

So, if you were throwing up, then you might consider the "theory" that you were exhibiting a medical symptom. But if both you and your wife were throwing up, then that would "nullify" the medical symptom "theory?"

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Actually I had a similar experience for a very brief time.

If there is indeed an entity you see roaming around the house especially a child there is some evidence to indicate that they may try to communicate a message to you and this particular thing I wouldn't worry about although I'm stumped at why you would swing at it as something must be causing you to act out.

My own experience was with a child ghost over several years. I began waking up with what seemed like a man in very outdated attire slitting my throat on a regular basis. Of course I thought it was just a nightmare thing but what was intriguing is how it all stopped.

I then began to think that maybe the child had his throat slit by this man and was a result of his death. After this and some deep thought about the whole thing I never had it happen again. Could be nothing or could be something.

First thing I thought was the child drowned after the description but that doesn't really explain the attacks/outbursts you experience so there I'm kind of stumped.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits
So, if you were throwing up, then you might consider the "theory" that you were exhibiting a medical symptom. But if both you and your wife were throwing up, then that would "nullify" the medical symptom "theory?"

Thanks for playing... Can you go elsewhere now? It's not a sleep disorder.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join