It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick fanatics cheer body bags

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

BRITISH Muslim fanatics sparked fresh fury last night by praising Taliban “heroes” for sending our troops back from Afghanistan in body bags. Dozens of homegrown “jihadis” have posted website messages cheering last weekend’s carnage in Helmand province that saw Britain’s death toll rise to 204 soldiers.

The gloating jihadi website, Islamic Awakening, is a forum for Islamic extremism, prompting a slew of vile attacks on the efforts of British troops to rescue Afghanistan from the grip of fundamentalists. The first messages were posted within minutes of the news of the latest outrage in Helmand on Sunday. “Isma’eel”, said: “Man, they really are dropping like flies over there lol [laugh out loud].”

www.express.co.uk...

My apologies if this has been posted already or if its in the wrong place, but i was disgusted when i read this.

For crying out loud, we are over there trying to help these people, our brothers and sisters are dying to try and restore peace! And they come out with this tripe??

Bring them home and let the idiots sort themselves out or blow each other up, thats my opinion after reading this.

[edit on 21/8/09 by woogleuk]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
That's always been my opinion...well since I figured out that 9/11 was an inside job....but even before that, I say turn that #hole country in to a glass parking lot. That would have taken out the "terrorists"

Sorry for your losses Brits. You got duped just like we did.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
lol.
that's like a country winning a bronze medal rubbing it in the face of a country that's won ten golds. whoopdydoo. 204? that's it? it's pathetic.
I'm not saying that we need to be in afghanistan, i'm from canada, we werent attacked either, but i mean come on that's such a small number.

ps i wonder if that site has ever been hacked. surprised it's lasted so long. poor brits in their PC shackles it's a shame.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I've managed to find the website and forum that all this bull is circulating on, and its just disgusting, even if they strongly believe we shouldn't be there interfering in their affairs they need a good arse kicking for what they are saying. That being said, it isn't everyone on the site, there are a few that are against the government for the involvement, but sympathise with the familys of the soldiers who are there.

I remember after 9/11 and 7/7 watching the news and seeing all the slimy little toads celebrating in the streets, no respect for the lives lost. And we are trying to bring peace for what reason again?

oh and heyo....PC......yeah....i'd love to PC all over their doorsteps for this, lol

[edit on 21/8/09 by woogleuk]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Oh, and what did these soldiers die for? I don't know, maybe eeh... freedom perhaps? Like freedom of speech?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I've just taken a look at the forums on the website (quick Google search for Islamic Awakening finds it easily enough) and it is really quite scary.

Kufars in Kufr Land indeed!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Afghanistan and Iraq should have been left alone, it's the job of the people to revolt against their evil dictators.

The only reason (and I mean ONLY reason) any government should go into this kind of battle on foreign soil is for self defence. This most certainly wasn't.
It was for profit and strategy.

Then you have to consider what your opinion would be if it was your country being attacked for Oil. Would you feel so sorry for the invading force?
Even then, this is a very small minority of people. Would you really be willing to abandon responsibility for the safety of millions of innocent people just because of what a few nut cases say on a website?

Even so, this isn't even a Taliban issue now, it's an issue of one force occupying another nation. When you see what America and the UK have done in these countries, is it any surprise that there is a fundamental opposition amongst some of the people? They don't support the Taliban in massive numbers, they just see an invading force, guilty of some pretty disgusting crimes against their people and way of life, and by default they'll back any opposition.

I don't agree with their opinions, and I don't support their ideology, but we invaded and attacked their country for profit, so I can certainly understand their hatred, however misdirected it may be.

Unfortunately, now we're there, leaving would create a power vacuum. And the consequences of that are a reality (unlike the false threat that Bush created).

There is one person to blame for all of this, and that is George W Bush.

Finally:
Shocking news just in... War isn't a walk in the park.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
American and english tv, are always laughing at blowing up babies and children in middleeast.

Whats the difference, the hypocrisy stinks here. I have seen jon stewert make so many jokes about blowing up people in middle east.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
American and english tv, are always laughing at blowing up babies and children in middleeast.

Whats the difference, the hypocrisy stinks here. I have seen jon stewert make so many jokes about blowing up people in middle east.

Erm, I don't know what TV in the UK you are watching, but that's BS. Frankly.

If you can provide an example of a TV station doing what you describe, I'll then show you evidence of the mass protests by our citizens in opposition of it.

The British people would NEVER stand for that. And I mean NEVER.
We call in and complain when a comedian makes a joke in poor taste, and you think a TV station would be able to get away with what you describe?

I'll tell you what though, your post makes it clear that it's just so easy to make a knee-jerk response based entirely on fantasy, and how that could potentially play out in debate.

What you've stated there is just not true.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Sorry for late response, i've been away for the weekend.

Any loss of life, regardless of skin colour or religeon, is tragic. I certainly haven't cheered when innocents have been killed over there, and I can't think of one person I know who would. Even the people responsible for the attrocities should be locked away for life to rot in a cell, not executed. Thou shalt not kill right? I think in regards to the worst of the bunch, like the Adolf Hitlers and Sadam Husseins, death is too easy a way out.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Agreed,i have never seen much graphical images on the news...if they did show it the public outrage over *actually* seeing what we are doing over there would be quite large.Course if it's not on the tv it doesn't happen...everyones happy,we are the good guys they are the bad guys.Let's keep it simple.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm going to avoid that website just because i know i'd regret some of the things i would say.

These freaks are hypocrites anyway. True muslims wouldn't gloat over the death of anyone. If they hate the Uk so much, maybe they should go back to Afghan and get a proper education and enjoy their free life styles...

Oh wait...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
That's always been my opinion...well since I figured out that 9/11 was an inside job....but even before that, I say turn that #hole country in to a glass parking lot. That would have taken out the "terrorists"

Sorry for your losses Brits. You got duped just like we did.

Many would say, since you are obviously a good person trying to take out all of the 'terrorists', that we would do good by turning Washington DC and other major areas in the U.S. into a 'glass parking lot' would be a way to eliminate the real terrorists.

What about the tens of millions of innocents that would die because of that? Of course, many who say "turn the whole country into a parking lot" wouldn't think far enough ahead about the lives of the innocents that truly want to live without corruption and depridation. But alas, just wipe'em all out just to be safe. Better them innocents then our home grown terrorists pulling the triggers and making the big money.

As to the OP, it is plainly disgusting. It is their way to try and instigate us into violent action against them so they can recruit even more again the evil empires. Truly sick. (Kind of like the above quoted post)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I wonder what the Brit/ insurgent kill ratio over in Iraq has been. 204 soldiers killed over a period of six years is tragic, but I'm guessing it has taken a fair number of insurgent casualties to inflict those losses. A few thousand? A few tens of thousands? Regardless of the behavior of a vocal minority at home, the British military remains more than capable of dishing out wholesale destruction on the battlefield. A few jerks disgracing the memory of fallen soldiers at home diminishes British combat effectiveness by 0.00%

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Guys......

If you go to youube, you'll find countless videos of people, trucks and buildings being shot up by the various armed forces deployed in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Hell, theres even been some of that kind of video linked off the weaponry forum here on ATS.

Most of the time such things are accompanied by rabid messages about how the "ragheads" deserve everything they get etc etc etc...

Stands to reason that folks seeing it from the other side are going to have similar opinions.

So is this really so shocking? I don't think it is.

All it proves is that there are sick sick bastards that glorify death on both sides of the divide.

And if thats not a damning enditement against humanity, I don't know what it is.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

You're right, the world is polarizing around the conflict.

We who sit in the relative middle ground look at comments like that on both sides and can't understand how people could be so filled with hatred.

But things are moving fast. I worry that there won't be any middle ground left in a couple of years time.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
We need to remain in Afghanistan to check the advancement of The Taleban, one of the most brutal and repressive organisations ever.

What we should do is arm and equip our armed forces with the necessary kit and equipment to do their jobs to the maximum efficiency.

The fact is the majority of Afghani's want us to remain there.

These 'protesters' or whatever they are are a disgrace and should be sent back to whatever backwater #holeistan they came from.

new topics

top topics

join