It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenpeace Leader Admits They Lied About Arctic Ice Melt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

The numbers of CO2 dumped into the atmosphere are not fictitious, this is hard science facts. That the energy consumption (directly related to how much CO2 is dumped) in the US is higher than anywhere else is also a fact.

Look at this link, good information.
harvardmagazine.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I dont agree with Greenpeace and they set their store in my opinion with the false claims made about the Upsala galcier. But ....

Originally posted by TheAssociate

"I don't think it will be melting by 2030. ... That may have been a mistake," he said.

I'll try to find either the entire video or a transcript, but he does admit that he doesn't think the Greenland ice sheet will be melted by 2030,

We need to be fair here.

He is taking about an ice free Arctic Ocean in late summer, not the Greenland ice sheet melting! Very, very different things.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if there is an ice free N Pole by 2030. I expect an ice free Greenland in a few tens of thousands years at best - but more likely not for a good deal longer..

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Chise61, your right he doesn't flat out say "I am a bold faced liar". Instead, we can look at what was said, and what the facts are and understand the provided information to be fictitious. This in turn makes the presenter, a LIAR.

You are correct in the fact that he would be a liar if he intentionally presented ficticious information. It could be possible that they simply mistakenly took a NASA report at face value and used it for their press release without investigating the truthfulless of the report, although i highly doubt it.

I'm not debating as to whether or not the press release contained lies or not. All i'm saying is that the title of the OP's original source in misleading as it states that "Greenpeace leader admits they lied about Artic ice melt" and the clip that they provide proves this statement to be false. All he admits is that the they may have been mistaken. So that in turn would make the author of the OP's original source a LIAR.

Just to clarify i am not debating global warming, pollution, carbon taxes,or the scare tactics of Greenpeace, i am simply saying that the title is misleading and false.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Wonderful post, thanks for the information. I always just assumed greepeace and the various similar organizations were corporate sponsored, and now you've proven it. Thanks

reply to post by Animal

Op you state in your title: Greenpeace Leader Admits They Lied About Arctic Ice Melt show me where. link the text.

That is the title of the article, and in BAN the one that must be used.

Greenpeace made the claim in a July 15 press release entitled "Urgent Action Needed As Arctic Ice Melts," which said there will be an ice-free Arctic by 2030 because of global warming.

Under close questioning by BBC reporter Stephen Sackur on the "Hardtalk" program, Gerd Leipold, the retiring leader of Greenpeace, said the claim was wrong.

"I don't think it will be melting by 2030. ... That may have been a mistake," he said.
source

It's at about 1:25 in the video.

Thank you all for the replies, insight, stars, flags, etc.

TA

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
nevermind

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Annee]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

he said "it MAY have been a mistake", not "i / we lied" or "i / we mislead"

there was plainly NO admission of lying. continuing to assert this point is disingenuous and in the present situation quite comical.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Global Warming alarmists are, along with Obama voters, probably the dumbest people around. They will accept whatever propaganda that is manufactured for them and then they think themselves the superior of everyone else.

I mean.. geez.. the temps have actually declined the past decade, and they still think it's warmer.

Not a single one of thier two-decades worth of predictions have come true. Their theory continues to be falsified and yet they are clinging to it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Obviously you didn't listen to the interview to the end...

He says it is/was an emotional issue for them, and said they might have lied about it, but he didn't know that particular statemet, which is another lie.

It is true that we need to be environmentally friendly, but not the way people like Greenpeace and other environmentalists want it to be done.

These people would rather have all humans suffer than admit they are wrong and changes towards a more environmentally friendly world can come without the drastic changes they want, and without the LIES they keep repeating trying to scaremonger people into believing and accepting their agenda, and goals.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
BTW, nice find. Starred and flagged.

Lets hope people wake up and we can stop the global taxes and the laws for population control the elites are trying to implement through groups like Greenpeace.

One of the many things i always find absurb about Greenpeace is that they use boats which use several thousand gallons of petrol in all of their protests against offshore oil exploration... That's so hypocritical it is absurb, and idiotic.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
What the real scandal is, is that a majority of the ground-based temperature stations in the United States are located at sites that fail the standards required to record the temperature free from the immediate environment artificially altering it.

In other words, the data is corrupted because the sites are basically heat islands.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of teh so-called warming that happened before 1998 is due just to that.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Other guys are saying that it's man-made. That's completely ignoring natural environmental changes that have ebbed and flowed for millenia. Again, ice cores indicate climate change long before man was instrumental on the environment. Interestingly, between 4-6kya the first indications of artificial pollution occur. Inter glacial periods have been part of the Earth cycle before we'd climbed out of trees (or God invented us
).

What totally ignorant garbage. The scientists investigating GW do take into account natural cycles. THATS THE WHOLE FREAKING POINT! hence why they state its NOT natural DUH!

Or don't you understand the science?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974
Global Warming alarmists are, along with Obama voters, probably the dumbest people around. They will accept whatever propaganda that is manufactured for them and then they think themselves the superior of everyone else.

I mean.. geez.. the temps have actually declined the past decade, and they still think it's warmer.

Not a single one of thier two-decades worth of predictions have come true. Their theory continues to be falsified and yet they are clinging to it.

Oh the ignorance is really flowing now isn't it.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Global Warming alarmists are, along with Obama voters, probably the dumbest people around.

I believe Obama won by majority of the vote. If you include believers in man-affected climate change, you are calling 75% of the US population the "dumbest".

No comment here, my smart friend [snip].

Removed personal insult

[edit on 22/8/09 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

What totally ignorant garbage. The scientists investigating GW do take into account natural cycles. THATS THE WHOLE FREAKING POINT! hence why they state its NOT natural DUH!

Or don't you understand the science?

Actually they ignore cycles and they instead have their fraudulant computer models. It's the fraud computer models that are used as the basis for this fear.

The thing is , the politicial operatives at the IPCC do not have proper computer models, because there is no complete model for earth's climate.

Since the hypothesis is that increases to CO2 in the air, from any source leads directly to an increase in air temp...

All we need to do is look at this decade. There has been massive (in relation to its scale) increase in CO2 in the air, and yet temps have dropped.

Conclusion: Failed Hypothesis.

Dont you understand science? We know you get the politics part, since that is what motivates this deception.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by VinceP1974]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Global Warming alarmists are, along with Obama voters, probably the dumbest people around.

I believe Obama won by majority of the vote. If you include believers in man-affected climate change, you are calling 75% of the US population the "dumbest".

No comment here, my smart friend (not).

69,456,897 voted for Obama. I like to think most of them just unknowingly allowed themselves to be deceived and regret it now.

According to Rasmussen poll on June 9, 42% of people think Global Warming is manmade. There are 245Million Americans age 15+, so that would be 103M people.

Lets assume that every one of Obama's voters also believed in the other fraud, Global Warming.

That means I'm only calling 33% of the population stupid.

Where did you get your number from, [snip]?

removed personal attack

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

No comment here, my smart friend (not).

Dont really think it has anything to do with voting for Obama but if i had to guess the percentage of stupid people which i define as not understanding the world around them .Id say 75percent sounds about right.I remember reading a study that said somewhere around 60percent of Americans couldnt identify Canada on a map. Ive argued with people that its 100% of people are stupid because there is diffrent kinds of stupid and everybody is at least one of them!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Where did you get your number from, [snip]

Have a nice day.

Removed personal attack from quote and warned for off topic 1-liner

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The topic is:

Greenpeace Leader Admits They Lied About Arctic Ice Melt

...not each others intelligence.

Please discuss the topic at hand.

Thank you

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Greenpeace aren't the only liars.

This video has some pretty interesting revelations about the Senate hearing in 1988 that got the ball rolling on this scam

It's amazing how these Democrats think they could just do or say whatever they want no matter how dishonest...

Pretty soon, some deranged Alarmists is going to mimic this

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Dont really think it has anything to do with voting for Obama but if i had to guess the percentage of stupid people which i define as not understanding the world around them .Id say 75percent sounds about right.I remember reading a study that said somewhere around 60percent of Americans couldnt identify Canada on a map. Ive argued with people that its 100% of people are stupid because there is diffrent kinds of stupid and everybody is at least one of them!

Well i believe the enstupificiation of society is not exclusive to America. You can find evidence of this gross stupidity throughout the Western world. I've seen plenty of video from Canada and Europe of equally clueless people. Dont be so smug, mate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join