It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The health bill will pass. What will you do because of it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The new "Health Care" reform or as I would better say "Health Insurance" reform is going to pass. There is no denying that now. Even though "Public" oppinion says no, the law makers are going to ignore that fact and push through this horrific mess of freedom restrictions.

There will be a new ID required. Will you get one?

Insurance will be compulsory. Will you break the law and refuse?

Jail sentences may be issued for those who refuse. Will you go to jail over rights?

Lawmakers will not use this program. Will you stop paying taxes until they do?

Illegal immigrants do not have to pay. Will you refuse paying until they have to?

These are just some of the questions that I am curious about. There are so many keyboard warriors who tout how they will do this and they will do that, but when faced with a situation that they said they would act upon they sit idle.

What will you do?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Honestly, I'm not so convinced that they will be able to pass it. Not at all, in fact. Pelosi and the far left want a strong public option, while the moderates in their own party are balking. I don't think they have the votes, particularly in the Senate. If they did, I think they would have passed it in July.

The only way this will happen is if they use the so-called nuclear option to ram it through the Senate. If they do that, I think they can kiss the 2010 elections goodbye and they could very well lose the senior citizen vote permanently if they pass this.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by vor78]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

"I guarantee you ... we are going to get health care reform done. And I know that there are a lot of people out there who have been hand-wringing, and folks in the press are following every little twist and turn of the legislative process," Obama told a caller to Philadelphia-based radio talk show host Michael Smerconish during a broadcast from the White House Diplomatic Reception Room.

AP News source: Obama guarantees health reform will pass

They will pass it. You have too much faith in the dog and pony show. They do not care about public oppinion. There are too many Lobbyists now pushing for this bill. If congress does not pass it then they will suffer next campaign. Obama flat out says it is going through.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Yes, but he has no choice but to paint some lipstick on this pig. He also said that this would pass before the August recess and we know that didn't happen. The plan is in very serious political trouble at this point and he knows it.

I'm not saying that it definitely won't happen, but if they do it, they're going to have to bully the opposition and run right over them, both in the GOP and his own party. He can do that, but it will be extremely costly in a political sense.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by vor78]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

He is just a pawn and as such his political career is able to be sacraficed to make way for the corporations that want this passed. After all he gets one hell of a benifits package when he is done in office no matter how he performs.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
There will be a new ID required. Will you get one?

I have one for my current health insurance. Don't you? And I won't be getting the government option. I'm staying with Blue Cross/Blue Shield. So. no. I won't be getting a new card.

Insurance will be compulsory. Will you break the law and refuse?

Refusing does not break the law. It requires you pay a small tax so that if you get hurt or ill, the money will be available to treat you.

Jail sentences may be issued for those who refuse.

Source, please

Lawmakers will not use this program. Will you stop paying taxes until they do?

Lawmakers already have coverage, as do I. This is for people who DON'T have coverage. And no. I have no plans to stop paying my taxes.

Illegal immigrants do not have to pay.

Illegal immigrants are NOT covered under this bill.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

He doesn't need a source for the jail time claim. There's a 2.5% income tax penalty for those who refuse to buy health insurance in this bill.

As we all know, if you don't pay your taxes, you certainly can go to jail.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
As we all know, if you don't pay your taxes, you certainly can go to jail.

That's for not paying taxes. Not for refusing health insurance.

Sorry, this thread is silly. There's another one just like it here.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Simple answer Vote them out in 2010.

Once the republicans take the majority it will be repealed. So if they ram it through it will be the end of their seat and the bill will be repealed. So what will they gain?
That is the reason our founders made the midterm elections, so there will be little abuse of power. Well that was the intended purposes.

-Al

[edit on 20-8-2009 by AlBeMet]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Again, there's a 2.5% tax penalty for failing to carry insurance under this plan. If you refuse to carry insurance or pay that tax penalty, the IRS isn't going to give a damn. They're going to treat it as failure to pay any other tax liability you have.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Sorry, this thread is silly. There's another one just like it

At this point, they are all pretty much "silly".

This particular issue may be one of the dumbest political arguments I've ever seen.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hopefully I won't be to off topic here.

Last week I had a dream that Obama completely and unexpectedly overhauled the current plans for free healthcare for all and it was widely lauded and accepted by everyone. In the dream he was a complete hero and healthcare reformist genius.

Lets hope this is prophetic. I never dream about politics. Ever!

Normally I just run around naked in my high school when I dream.

Go figure.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It is by the lack of health care options that we are opressed!!!!

A lack of health care options pertaining to your salary bracket... Our health care providers(the business) are limited in the options they can make available to us. If all the options were provided and affordable to us than our providers wouldn't be able to afford to stay in business. it would cut revenue. The administrations F.D.A etc wouldn't allow it. Even they answer to the Monetary System. You see the dominoes in affect?

One of many ways to Oppress a people is through Health care.

Oppressed people = a land Subdued by it's authorities

I'm really serious when I tell you that we have bought into the illusion that all of our systems operate independant. Call it Health care, Housing, Food, Energy etc Religion, Politics, Education.

Unity among the governing authorities

Divisions among the people

It's all Misdirection

When people speak up and ask questions

Our answer consists of imaginary numbers due to this and due to that... Lack of money.... our economy..... Wall St. etc these political debates are staged for the fueling of the illusion which makes us feel like we are free tyranny. and whats funny is that politicians even buy into the Facade. It is mass Deception.

We Have been asleep Long enough! It's time we Wake Up!

Here is wisdom:

Our Economy: (The United States Empire)

I predict "The U.S. Dollar is being attacked, and it will collapse, and bring down all the paper Money in the World"

Paper Money It is being replaced with Invisible Money that you can't See! Intangible Money, YOU can't touch it!!!

"It is electronic money"

The dangerous thing about electronic money is: that it is controled by the banking systems around the world and the jews control the banking systems... This is not an invalid statement, this is the Real Truth/Fact

We already deal with digital Money, because the Majority of us never touch our earnings

We Just Follow The Digital Numbers

Is it pre-planned? Or just gotten out of hand!

Either way it doesn't make a difference when we now who owns the federal reserve and Who Literally owns money!!!!!!!

unlike the past today's currency is not backed up by gold and silver!....

It is built on Interest and temporary Illusionary value within your mind...

Therefore what you are witnessing today is only the beginning...

The first of several economic collapses in the near future and in the years to come...

HERE IS WISDOM AND PROPHESY

Israel is about to wage a Big War!!!!

When Israel is surrounded by armies Know that the end is near!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
overhauled the current plans for free healthcare for all

That would be tremendous!! Especially since there is no current plan for free healthcare on the table. The plans are to control the costs of health insurance and health care. I haven't heard anyone but loony tunes toss out the "free health care for all" bit.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Project In Vitro

Couldn't quite figure out what forum topic to put all that in, could ya'?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlBeMet
Simple answer Vote them out in 2010.

Once the republicans take the majority it will be repealed.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by AlBeMet]

What planet do you live on? Pharmaceutical companies stand to make huge profits, and they're one of the biggest contributors to the repukicons. Bush's top advisors, such as rumsfeld and cheney, are some of the biggest investors in pharmaceuticals, such as tamiflu.

You actually believe in the two-party system.

Since when has government ever repealed massive legislation? That's like asking someone to cut off a part of themself. It never happens unless, like the hydra, cutting off that one part results in larger growth.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It was just a dream Dork. Don't go getting all upset on me.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Well O.K......I'll concede that all of that was a dream....

Carry on.....

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cranberrydork

Through my gift of discernment I bring complete knowledge and True understanding of the prophesies depicted in the book of Revelations.

I reveal the Intentions of the writing contained in the Holy bible and the purpose of it's place by whom it was placed.

I see not through the eyes of a man!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archon_Adept

What planet do you live on? Pharmaceutical companies stand to make huge profits, and they're one of the biggest contributors to the repukicons. Bush's top advisors, such as rumsfeld and cheney, are some of the biggest investors in pharmaceuticals, such as tamiflu.

You actually believe in the two-party system.

Since when has government ever repealed massive legislation? That's like asking someone to cut off a part of themself. It never happens unless, like the hydra, cutting off that one part results in larger growth.

Please when you quote me quote all of what I say, and take notice of this little guy ------->

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join