It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Appeals Court: Government Can Require Gun Registration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

(AP)An appeals court in Chicago has ruled that the federal, state or local government can require all citizens to register their firearms under penalty of law.

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals said that, even after the Supreme Court's high-profile gun rights decision last year, the Second Amendment is no obstacle to mandatory gun registration.

www.cbsnews.com...

Other countries that required gun registration later confiscated the guns after gun bans. Then, genocides and other atrocities happened.

Will you register your guns when it's made law here in the U.S.?

What they may do, since having nationwide confiscation all at once would be quite a task, is require registration in various towns, confiscate, and then repeat. They already confiscated weapons during Katrina.

Then again, they may do it all at once with the help of the UN or something. The UN wants private gun ownership banned as well.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by Jessicamsa]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
From my cold dead hands.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Sure Ill register it, we they come to my house, get on there hands and needs, pull my pants down and toss my salad-) then I will register it.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

I will gladly register my guns!
Some of them anyway!

I'm not a cop, but I know enough to have "throw away" guns!

I will register all my clean weapons, and gladly present them for inspection, forensics, or whatever. I will just be sure to have equivalent caliber weapons stashed for other uses.

I also make it a point to be at the gun range every few days. Therefore, I will always have gunshot residue on my hands and clothes and plenty of witnesses to verify my alibis!

Not that I should ever need it, but you have to have contingency plans just in case some vigilanteism becomes necessary! For some reason, none of my female friends ever have much trouble with the men in their lives!

One visit to my ex-wife's new beau (at her request) caused him to find a new city? I wonder if it was my incognito visit, the wallet I snagged, the surveilance photos, or the interesting story I told him?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What's to register? I dont have any guns?

If they're searching your home it's already too late and registration is a moot point.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'll never register my guns.... this is a very slippery slope we are heading on

new topics

top topics

join