It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLATINUM coffins and missing treasures of NAN MADOL, in the pacific?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Here is an extract from Childress's book: Ancient Micronesia and the lost city of nan madol:

"The japanese administered the islands of micronesia, .after world war 1, taking them over from the germans. They did instensive work on the ruins at Nan Madol, but most of their records were presumably lost or destroyed in World War 11. However an incredible account of the japanese discovery of platinum coffins is given in the book Der Masslose Ozean by Herbert Rittlinger, published in germany in 1939.

In his Gold of the Gods EVD quotes Rittlinger's depiction of Pohnpei...The reports of fabulous wealth had enticed pearl divers and chinese merchants to investigate the seabed secretly and the divers had all risen from the depths wiht incredible tales. They had been able to walk on the bottom on well preserved streets overgrown with mussels and coral. Down below were countless stone vaults, pillars and monoliths. Carved stone tablets hung on the remains of clearly recognisable houses.

What the pearl divers did not find was discovered by the japanese divers with modern equipment. they confirmed with their finds what the traditional legends of Ponape reported: the vast wealth in precious metals, pears and bars of silver. The legend says that the corpses rest in the 'house of the dead'.. The japanese divers reported that the dead were buried in WATERTIGHT PLATINUM COFFINS. And the divers actually brought bits of platinum to the surface day after day. In fact, the MAIN EXPORTS of the island - copra, vanilla, sago and mother of pearl - were supplanted BY PLATINUM.

...Rittlinger says that hte japanese carried on exploiting this platinum until one day two divers did not surface... the finds of platinum on an island where THE ROCK CONTAINS NO PLATINUM were and remain a very real fact."

(MORE destruction of archaeological sites if this is true - i cant believe they sold the platinum....AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!)

..."the Japanese reportedly did discover very large human bones at Nan madol indicating that the previous inhabitants of the island wer perhaps as tall as 2.1 meters (7 feet). An old Pohnpei native told me while i was there that he had found a human femur many years ago in the jungle that was 'twice as big as a normal man's'. This suggests a rather unbelievable height of 10 feet or so, making the early inhabitants giants."

Fun stuff?

And here's a link to a cool youtube video of nan madol. Awesome stuff. (there are other links on youtube to the side if you want to see more).

link

more links

underwater nan madol

cool virtual tours.

and for those who think this is the only megalithic site in the area ...wrong....there are also the amazing lelu ruins on kosrae, megalithic site of salapwuk on pohnpei, and sapwtakai the massive fort; Panpei, Diadi, Kiti Rock and Alauso...

the lelu ruins on kosrae are spectacular - like nan madol in height etc.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
bumping

because not many ppl read it the first time...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Already a thread on this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Did Childress write anything about the Baltic Sea anomaly, or those explorations? I don't think that's ever been fully investigated (at least, no reports of it have been shared)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

I love this stuff...keep it up people! I am enthralled...

I wish there were more concise studies done and a more honest picture painted....I wish we would protect these sites, instead of pillaging them....retards.

edit on 18-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
There may indeed have been a civilization on the Pacific Plate before it sank beneath the waves.

Why do those Pacific Islands use big rocks shaped like wheels with holes in the center for "money" to show wealth/status?

They didn't even know how to use those wheels to make wheel barrows or wagons. They likely found them beneath the waves from a lost civilization and adopted them to their culture. Never knowing the real use of the wheel....or round rocks for grinding corn and other material to make foods.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well there your problem in the first line, 'Childress', that is a guarantee for a nice made up story!

top topics

join