It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the World Coming To When Even the Police Have to Lock Their Doors?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
When you live in an area with little or no major crime, where maybe every 20 years or so there will be a justifiable homicide...where basically everyone knows everyone by name, no one ever thinks to lock their doors.

Apparently, not even the police...

Burglar Targets Police Station

The burglar allegedly made off with two department-issue Tasers and a radio. Oh, and a police cruiser.

All the officers had left a section of the building to respond to an assault call, leaving only police dispatchers in a separate part of the station, Scibelli said. Finder later told the police he was walking near the station and noticed most of the police cars were gone, Scibelli said, so he did some further investigation and decided to try breaking in.

To the merit of the Police, the police cruiser was actually locked, but the keys were kept in an unlocked room. Likewise, it's not like they routinely leave the police station unlocked, but apparently it has been recently remodeled and the front-door doesn't lock properly since the remodeling.

I'm not sure though whether to nominate the burglar for the "Idiot of the Year" Award or the entire Police Department. Regardless, it's got to be pretty embarrassing for them both!

At least the burglar is going to have some time to think about his stupidity while serving time for "burglary, possession of burglary tools, theft, unlawful use of a motor vehicle, unlawful entry into a motor vehicle, criminal mischief, criminal trespass, tampering with physical evidence and reckless driving, and anything else the police can think up".

The police won't have the same opportunity to reflect upon their stupidity (or at least naivete).

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

so he did some further investigation and decided to try breaking in.

LMFAO .. what do you say to this? .. Meh, just walking down the street.. oh, I think I'll try and break into this police station.

Either the guy is a dare devil with big pair, or he's mentally unstable and incredibly stupid. Or both.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

“He just said he thought he’d try it,” Scibelli said. “See if he could pull this off. High risk, low reward.”

That right there is why laws do nothing to prevent crime. Hell, more often than not they encourage it.

How do you legislate against that attitude? And it's not like he was some stupid 15 year old kid under peer pressure from equally stupid peers. He was an adult walking along on his own and it just occurs to him "hey, busting into the police station and stealing things would be great fun!"

I wonder how many people have been killed because of "great fun"?

There was a food delivery driver in Mass a couple of weeks ago who got his head bashed in and subsequently died. Right there in the street. The killer was some idiot kid who didnt want to pay for his Chinese food. He didnt steal the car, the wallet or anything. Beat to death a man, a father, for some $5 Chinese food.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If you're looking for drugs and weapons, a police station would seem to be a likely target.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
If you're looking for drugs and weapons, a police station would seem to be a likely target.

True its not as illogical as it sounds. Perhaps something went missing from the evidence locker and the police arent admitting it yet?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Seriously though, theres nothing mentioned about him being violent. He seemed just like a guy looking for fun. A dumb guy but still.

This does not equate to the charges brought against him. He obviously knew it was not escapable. It was just for fun I can tell, I knew idiots like that back when I was in school.

I think like a month in county would be reasonable punishment. Maybe two if he gets rowdy.

He seems harmless to me.

He did not actually want to steal it, he just wanted to illegally borrow it for fun. Big difference. He actually knew they would get it back lol.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
As stupid as he may be, this guy needs a wheelbarrow to carry around his big brass ones.

Awesome job.

new topics

top topics

join