It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK..What would you do?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
OK..What would you do?

You wake up tomorrow and TA-DA....YOU...YES YOU ARE NOW THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. So knowing what you know, more pictures coming out, the mess that is Iraq not to mention the whole Middle East, all the behind the scenes secrects, what do YOU do.

Do you answer the question "What's flat, black and glows in the dark..(insert country here) after we Nuke them. Do we stop everything and pull out of the Middle East, the rest of the world and come home. If we stop and come home and we get hit again do we say " that's OK, we deserved that". I've read lots of posts on who is to blame but not on what are we supposed to do to take care of the PRESENT situation.

So you are now in control, no choice is going to make everybody happy, and no matter that only a small minority of Muslims want the West destroyed, they still want it destroyed. How do you make peace? How do you insure the safety of the United States?

Good mourning my fellow Americans, this is indeed a trying time for all of us. Many questions have been raised in the last few years and I will do my utmost to not only find the answers but when possible to give those answers to the American people. I am ordering any and all Federal agencies to give full and complete co-operation to the 9-11 investigation. I am ordering a complete and open investigation into the failure of Command over the handling of prisoners in Iraq. Any and all people involved in this failure will be punished to the full extent of the law. I call upon the U.N. to aid us in our effort to restore Iraq and to allow the people of Iraq to excersise their new freedom. I say to the world that not only have you been misled but so have the American People but that this will change. Make no mistake, threats and attacks against the United States of America will not be tolerated and will be dealt with the full force of power the United States can bring to bear. I would now like to tell you what I have found so far BLAM My God.. The Presidents' been shot!

[Edited on 5/13/2004 by Duke_Nukem]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I would ask my advisors to bring me all the documents that Mr. Bush didn't bother reading and the advice he didn't bother listening to and spend the next week reviewing them all...

...and find out what the situation REALLY is.

And I'd call in Powerll and listen to him.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
One of things I would do is to start with the Court Marshal of BG Karpinski, not some nasty note in her files.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
As my first act, I would outlaw rehashing old threads.

I would then smoke a Cuban cigar and dangle my feet in the pool.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Pull the US out, get the UN in. They can keep the peace until free elections, and won't have all of the hatred to US does.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I would leave Iraq, make amends for the ill treatment of the UN and try to get the UN to help in reconstruction of Iraq, apologize to the planet for the recklessness and arrogance of my predecessor, remove the tax cuts for the rich, get the FCC off Howard Stern's back, and send Bush, Cheney, Rice, and Rumsfeld to the World Court as a war criminals. This last part is the only way America can regain moral legitimacy on the Earth.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by Colonel]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I would leave Iraq, make amends for the ill treatment of the UN and try to get the UN to help in reconstruction of Iraq, apologize to the planet for the recklessness and arrogance of my predecessor, remove the tax cuts for the rich, get the FCC off Howard Stern's back, and send Bush, Cheney, Rice, and Rumsfeld to the World Court as a war criminals. This last part is the only way America can regain moral legitimacy on the Earth.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by Colonel]

Good plan, I'd probably do all that, then i'd say to myself, "How the hell did I become president overnight?!"

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duke_Nukem
You wake up tomorrow and TA-DA....YOU...YES YOU ARE NOW THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. So knowing what you know, more pictures coming out, the mess that is Iraq not to mention the whole Middle East, all the behind the scenes secrects, what do YOU do.

This is what I do and frankly I don't give two shakes of a rat's tail what you think about it. But this is, in my mind, the most honorable course of action.

"My fellow Americans, these are dark times for me and mine. I have to admit that my method of administration has been flawed and costly. More money than you can imagine has been lost in this trash chute previously known as the War on Terrorism. This attempt to help society on a global level has made us look quite bad, and has put more lives than I can say at risk than ever before. To make matters worse, many lives have been lost and our morale is at an all-time low. Based on this, I will call for emergency elections as I will resign along with my entire administration. The voting mechanisms will all be replaced by the time I do this, and several independent investigators will look into accuracy of the election results. The damage I have incidentally incurred upon this country and its population is catastrophic, and to limit further collapses, I have decided to pack my bags and leave, taking my friends and colleagues with me. I have just signed an executive order that allows me to do such things, and I would like to take a moment to apologize for all the damage I have incurred, directly and indirectly. For all the Americans and people of this world, I am doing this with the declaration of peace and heartfelt sincerity. It has been an honor being your President, and I thank you for the oppurtunity."

Yeah, but that will never happen. Insecure people may think this will look weak, and the defense contractors are going to be pissed when they see their investment portfolios fall apart.

[Edited on 5/12/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I understand your point Colonel, but at this point in time due you think it would be enough for the Radical Muslim, or would they continue to see the West as a threat?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I understand your point Colonel, but at this point in time due you think it would be enough for the Radical Muslim, or would they continue to see the West as a threat?

They would still see the West as a threat but recruitment would be WAAAAYYY down, I think. Furthermore, this war on terra will go back to the way it was in the 90s---undercover with the real willing help of the rest of the planet, not the forced or bribed help we have now.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
i'd resign immediately. i know no matter what action i take it would piss someone off. it would be impossible without angering some group of people and i dont want that burden on my shoulders. the workings of this world are a little more complex than the simplistic responses in this post.

nice to see other people think they have a real keen bead on things.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Colonel

Never thought I would say it but in some ways I miss the Cold War. Since it would take time for us to show the world that we had in fact changed, if there was another attack what would be a correct reaction to that?

[Edited on 5/12/2004 by Duke_Nukem]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I miss the 90's. No real wars to speak of. America wasn't hemoraging billoins of dollars as we are now and the worst thing we had to complain about was a Bj.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I miss the 90's. No real wars to speak of. America wasn't hemoraging billoins of dollars as we are now and the worst thing we had to complain about was a Bj.

I still think the BJ was to force Clinton to send the USAF into Serbia. Either that or the invasion was a good distraction tactic that was a nice way of making people forget the insignificance of that example of adultery.

There were no real 'wars', but there were battles. Aside from Gulf War I, there was that incident in Somalia and the developments in the Balkans.

Also, I am glad to see that I am not the only one who makes fun of how bush calls the war on terr-ah.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I would buy a suit that fits, maybe a nice italian one, hire some good speech writers, and practice for a few days and make sure I don't look like an idiot. Wouldn't want to pull a nixon with a suit that's too small.
Then, I would attempt to reinforce the power of the UN. This would involve reestablishing the links with our allies, and attempting to establish links with new ones. I would try and follow a plan similar to that of the current EU. Meanwhile, because control could not be handed over to the UN overnight, I would set up martial law in Iraq. This would mean a tough curfew, restricted travel, and enough troops to make sure it was enforced. I would make sure that everyone was aware that control would be transferred to the UN within a specified timeframe. I would also look into setting up negotiations with Turkey to work as a middle-man between the US and Iraqi people, leaving the army to overlook bigger things such as guarding the main roads and denying inter-city travel.
Because of the sensitive nature of the situation in Iraq, the special forces would probably play a big part in my plans, as I'd like to keep the visible signs of US army presence in the towns to a minimum, and yet it is still important to have control over some events going on in there. It'd be nice to have a local army (kuwait, UAE, turkey) acting as police forces, but more military type missions would be carried out by the SFs.

Actually, I'd probably spend the whole time trying to convince them that I really was the president, despite the fact that that old texan was the day before.

Hey, life in the boondocks right?

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by livewire]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Vote for the man who can make a DIFFERENCE?

maybe not a good one, but maybe not a bad one? just a kramer one.

i made this while i was in my seinfeld fad during the election blitz of 1996.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
now THERE's a candidate worth voting for!!!

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
How do we go about getting the UN into Iraq and US out? What do we do when the rest of the Abu Ghraib pictures start coming out and there is another Berg video? Is just saying were sorry, or Bush et al at the world court going to do anything to really change the present situation? The Kurds at the very least do not want Turkey involved, all of these things take time, would we be given that time?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

How do we go about getting the UN into Iraq and US out? What do we do when the rest of the Abu Ghraib pictures start coming out and there is another Berg video? Is just saying were sorry, or Bush et al at the world court going to do anything to really change the present situation? The Kurds at the very least do not want Turkey involved, all of these things take time, would we be given that time?

To get the UN in: first, you must apologize. Then build a coalition of nations (run by the UN). That means we would have to give up the oil. But, this is needed becasue we can't do this alone as you can see.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

To get the UN in: first, you must apologize. Then build a coalition of nations (run by the UN). That means we would have to give up the oil. But, this is needed becasue we can't do this alone as you can see.

Colonel, I just fear that while we are attempting to do all of this that there would be another attack of some type, if another 9-11 occured ( without any DOUBT about who did it) what would be an apropriate response?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join